Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I use the 160 micron bags for buds , the 90’s are for pressing hash . Cool looking press .
Did you get a puck maker , I like the cylinder type , you can see it Here .
Trial and error because of the different weed you’ll be pressing, not all does the same .

i like using the 90 bags for pressing buds.. more clean tastier smoke on the rig with a nail..

and i really like working with the rectangular pucks can get in more done 18 grams in a 4x2 and bagged it..
need great bench vice with extension handle.. atleast 4000 psi vice.. to make a great puck. for pressing ..

think i will get much juice here West?

i was trimming this plant last pic.. to make the finger hash.. i ran out of good cured buds im smoking it bit raw not bad buzz.. waiting .. 11 days hanging in my bath room around 60rh.. adjusting all the time .. with fan oscilating low..

Cool thanks everyone already. I have given that first press to my friendly mega stoner fispensary owners for free to sample before I risk it! 😅

I’m a bit of a lightweight but these giys have a different bong for every hpur of the day 🤣

But the feedback on microns and storage already invaluable.

Update im the next day or so!

Nick

Okay so did a second press this evening. Much neater. 4 one minute presses - 60 seconds heated each. Flipped around the planes etc.

We started with a total weight of 14g inc bag. This is 14g. Stems out. Its Skunk 11. Little buds. Dried to probably 65%.

I pressed it 4 times to 4 tonnes metric cold. My die press not arrived jet so yeah lose a bit of squaring” the puck but that’s probably a small improvement anyway. It got 5 minutes of 4 ton press on the bag before we added heat. Sure there’s again to be had but its marginal.

Not folded over and over like yesterday.

Smelt lovely. Like cookies, chocolate chippy baking I guess the heat and wax paper.

90 Micron again.

Result below. That looks less impressive than the stuff that put some of the heaviest stoners I know on their bottoms tonight?

Any comments?

I parcelled it back up and threw it in tupperware in the freezer to await comments!

Nick

DC57ADC0-A4F1-4F12-828D-53819AA88404.jpeg
CDBA64BD-8D7A-4292-80BF-F4D075DBAE27.jpeg
2927FE42-EDD1-447A-8842-6F3F135DCD58.jpeg

I’m sort of did that so i had the machine announce

“Upper heat plate had reached designated temperature” “lower plate etc…” in her snooty English accent (takes one to know one love 🤣)

That’s post the cold press and when I have the plates at like just light squish level. When they hit temp I apply the 4 ton squish.

I could even squish to 4T and the. Power on the heat.

On a second press tomorrow. Probs pull it out the freezer now though. Think I’m probablyset in my mind to pressing that again anyway.and higer micron bags. Want to give them a try.

Lots to test. Hilarious seeing these guys that wake up to a bong for breakfast slayed by that first attempt. 🤣

Nick

I’m sort of did that so i had the machine announce

“Upper heat plate had reached designated temperature” “lower plate etc…” in her snooty English accent (takes one to know one love 🤣)

That’s post the cold press and when I have the plates at like just light squish level. When they hit temp I apply the 4 ton squish.

I could even squish to 4T and the. Power on the heat.

On a second press tomorrow. Probs pull it out the freezer now though. Think I’m probablyset in my mind to pressing that again anyway.and higer micron bags. Want to give them a try.

Lots to test. Hilarious seeing these guys that wake up to a bong for breakfast slayed by that first attempt. 🤣

Nick
Are you weighing what you press ? Are you making a puck or just stuffing the nug in the bag ? If your just smoking the rosin forget the bag just use the parchment paper and press away. I forget who had me do that when I first got my press but it worked just fine .

That seems like the next thing to try!

Today I made a puck without a die but in a bag so squish it out to the corners. Cold but on the parchment in the machine.

Its pretty similar to what I’ll get next time with the “cold” press to puck in adie with a vice. Possibly I’ll put the die in the 4 ton press right? Its got to be better than my puny wrists on a vice clamp?

So then I squidh ever so gently and heat to about 158 degrees Celsius on yop and bottom plates and apply 4T of pressure through a no fold 90 micron bag. For 60 seconds. I release the pressure, turn off the heat flip the puck 180 degrees on the long end (top to bottom) and repeat.

Then I turned through 90 degrees (long to short) and again on the vertical. And 60
Seconds. Flip and the final press.

So 4x 60 second presses, no loss as all happens on the wax paper. Then I let cool for 30 minutes, taped up and Tupperware to the freezer as per pictures.

Not experienced with this at all - especially not the consumption! But seemed a clean neat test run.

No idea if what came out is good at all!

Is the squished in the linen bag gold? Or am I hust after the squeezed oil on the parchment?

Really I’m after basics!

Nick

That seems like the next thing to try!

Today I made a puck without a die but in a bag so squish it out to the corners. Cold but on the parchment in the machine.

Its pretty similar to what I’ll get next time with the “cold” press to puck in adie with a vice. Possibly I’ll put the die in the 4 ton press right? Its got to be better than my puny wrists on a vice clamp?

So then I squidh ever so gently and heat to about 158 degrees Celsius on yop and bottom plates and apply 4T of pressure through a no fold 90 micron bag. For 60 seconds. I release the pressure, turn off the heat flip the puck 180 degrees on the long end (top to bottom) and repeat.

Then I turned through 90 degrees (long to short) and again on the vertical. And 60
Seconds. Flip and the final press.

So 4x 60 second presses, no loss as all happens on the wax paper. Then I let cool for 30 minutes, taped up and Tupperware to the freezer as per pictures.

Not experienced with this at all - especially not the consumption! But seemed a clean neat test run.

No idea if what came out is good at all!

Is the squished in the linen bag gold? Or am I hust after the squeezed oil on the parchment?

Really I’m after basics!

Nick
Fold it in half as well and resquish. And many squishers save the spent pucks for QWET. Lots of goodness still trapped in there!

Yeah all the starter material is still there. No spillage. Think out the fridge and somewhere a warmer / hmm - oh yeah flower room over night in Tupperware! That will do nicely

See what tomorrow brings! Please though I had two tokes of yesterday's press in a joint. Donmt make me take more. Its 7 hours later and just worn off 😂

I’ve been on some sativa battered posting fest and need some sleep! 😅

Nick

Fold it in half as well and resquish. And many squishers save the spent pucks for QWET. Lots of goodness still trapped in there!
QWET seriously more reading?!

Going through a Simpsons rewatch thing. Its going on while I learn yet more!

Nick

QWET seriously more reading?!

Going through a Simpsons rewatch thing. Its going on while I learn yet more!

Nick
Allow me, also courtesy of Grandpa:

Hey guys, I put 7 grams in a press like this one and squeeze it or hammer it to a puck, then put it in a bag with the ends poked in like GT mentions somewhere I can't find. You take a pen and push the two tips of the end of the bag in verted to the middle so the bag looks like it is a point on the bottom. Snug the puck onto that and cut the bag 1/2 inch more that the puck. Fold bag and insert into wax papered warm plates.

For pressure I use a little pressure. :p Starting to feel it in the handle, for 30 seconds every 5 seconds or so I gently feel if the handle wants to lower as the puck softens with heat. After 30 seconds I slowly pump until I can't and wait for 1.5 to 2 minutes total from start to finish. Watching all the goo oozing from the seam! Sorry all the stuff is not here. What I have is different than yours to I think. But that's how I interpreted GT's tutorial when I found it.

I couldn't figure how to get the pic in properly sorry. You can search for it if you need. There's two types I know of tube and plate.

To go along with the spent pucks All that excessive trim is perfect for this thread . I love me some shatter .

Hey guys, I put 7 grams in a press like this one and squeeze it or hammer it to a puck, then put it in a bag with the ends poked in like GT mentions somewhere I can't find. You take a pen and push the two tips of the end of the bag in verted to the middle so the bag looks like it is a point on the bottom. Snug the puck onto that and cut the bag 1/2 inch more that the puck. Fold bag and insert into wax papered warm plates.

For pressure I use a little pressure. :p Starting to feel it in the handle, for 30 seconds every 5 seconds or so I gently feel if the handle wants to lower as the puck softens with heat. After 30 seconds I slowly pump until I can't and wait for 1.5 to 2 minutes total from start to finish. Watching all the goo oozing from the seam! Sorry all the stuff is not here. What I have is different than yours to I think. But that's how I interpreted GT's tutorial when I found it.
That’s cool to know.

The video In watched using the same machine I have suggests 45-60 seconds a press. But you’re more double that and getting the gooey splatter they seem to on Youtube.

My repress tomorrow def gonna be 4x 2 minutes

Its packed tight now and won’t “squirt” while being squished.

I just need other people to test it 😅

Photos in 6-7 hours. Need a nap.

Thank you all. Really super useful stuff abounds here, trying not to sound like a lickspittle, this rosin thing (even more so than my actual grow experience!) is ver, very new. Barely 24 hours old so really appreciate thebpointers from people and waking to help someone out. Not so much what I’m used to on tech forums!

Genuine thanks,
Nick

Noooo! You know what you’ve done! All that MacGyver stuff. I can wander around $1 stores for hours buying that stuff and it will consume me!

Shed I’m too busy for that 😆

Nick

That’s cool to know.

The video In watched using the same machine I have suggests 45-60 seconds a press. But you’re more double that and getting the gooey splatter they seem to on Youtube.

My repress tomorrow def gonna be 4x 2 minutes

Its packed tight now and won’t “squirt” while being squished.

I just need other people to test it 😅

Photos in 6-7 hours. Need a nap.

Thank you all. Really super useful stuff abounds here, trying not to sound like a lickspittle, this rosin thing (even more so than my actual grow experience!) is ver, very new. Barely 24 hours old so really appreciate thebpointers from people and waking to help someone out. Not so much what I’m used to on tech forums!

Genuine thanks,
Nick
Careful with that stuff! :hookah: :green_heart:

Careful with that stuff! :hookah: :green_heart:
It mashed me up this evening. Properly about as stoned as I’ve ever been. My tolerance is low.

I had two drags of a pretty good flower joint, I onow the strain and smoked it quite a bit off my Mighty vape. With maybe 0.5g of this product in that pure joint it floored 6 of the most “dedicated” (hardcore) Dispensary owning guys, and the edible maker and vendor next door. I used to test his stuff last year. Now he’s on two day and reckon I can only manage 1/8th of one they’re so strong. So 7 mega stoners and me with my two little tokes. All either dancing or sleeping for 2 hours.

Seriously intense rush but we’re all experienced in the arts of getting blitzed. I may be a relative newly returner to the marijuana high after a 20 year absence, but I sampled other mostly just more expensive stuff. Big City etc.

But yeah I can manage a high and look after myself.

We sell our weed for fun first but profit runs a close second. Honestly. I won't dress it up.

I’m not sure I want to sell that. Or at least not unless its direct to end users where we eyeball them.

The idea of selling to dispensary that sells to a “brave” tourist with no experience. I can’t do that. Someone will be on holiday and have a horrible time. The regs here too light.

Great fun for me like very small doses! And the hardcore guys but I’m not selling it.

Nick - obviously the experiments continue! 🤣

l ended up with four quart jars full of spent rosin pucks last season and have made a tincture/green dragon with it. I used to use lower quality buds to make it.

First I dump the spent pucks from the jar into a suitable baking container and decarb them in a little toaster oven. 250F for 30 minutes.
Let them cool a little and dump them back into the jar.
Cover them with high proof alcohol. Fill the jar almost to the top. 190proof or 151 if you can't get the stronger stuff.
Place the jar of pucks and alcohol in a large pan of water, preferably on an electric stove as opposed to gas stove.
Set the temp of the water to 178-180F. (boiling point of alcohol). The water will simmer/ the alcohol will boil
After an hour to an hour and a half, about 1/2 the alcohol will have evaporated off.
This will yield about a pint of finished tincture from a quart of pucks and 1/5 of alcohol
I roughly filter out the mixture afterwards and add vanilla extract/lemon extract/ peppermint extract to make it taste less like caca.
A 5-10ml dose will do the trick. It can be a bit strong for being out in public
spent rosin pucks all 2022 (3).JPG

Spent rosin pucks, bottle style mold instead of rectangular mold

DSCN3342 (2).JPG

Finished product. I made another but have already given it away. I still have to make it from the Panama pucks.

i like just pressing once to smoke rosin .. 2nd press is not upto par! to the butter can..

Back
Top Bottom