Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

When I press at low temps I always repress at 230 c and get a fairly decent yield of low grade rosin. I say low grade.....it will still send you to the moon.

One of these temperature controlled coils in either the tip of a nectar collector, or the container you use would probably do it. I'd wrap the coil around a ceramic or pyrex form for stability. The problem if you used a wick would be a blend of flavors when you switched strains.

full

RDA - Can We Use One for Rosin?

Did anyone get as frustrated as me when first dabbing when its too hot, too cool, etc., and you can't hit it optimally. One day I'm smoking like a dragon and feel the effects incredibly, and the next day I'll take a hit and feel next to nothing. Is this all due to temperature and inexperience?
Maybe a vape rig for consistency. How is your dab laid out?
I’ve wondered if it degrades the THC when you hit it out of a glob rather than spread out. I’ve been hitting out of those silicon round containers (glob). GT lays his out on a silicon mat where it’s more spread out.

I guess I’m wanting to know if it degrades when it melts and bubbles at such a high temp.

Maybe a vape rig for consistency. How is your dab laid out?
I’ve wondered if it degrades the THC when you hit it out of a glob rather than spread out. I’ve been hitting out of those silicon round containers (glob). GT lays his out on a silicon mat where it’s more spread out.

I guess I’m wanting to know if it degrades when it melts and bubbles at such a high temp.

I would imagine that the bubbled stuff would decarb, but not sure if it’s degraded right away. Good question. I don’t know the answer.

One of these temperature controlled coils in either the tip of a nectar collector, or the container you use would probably do it. I'd wrap the coil around a ceramic or pyrex form for stability. The problem if you used a wick would be a blend of flavors when you switched strains.

RDA - Can We Use One for Rosin?

I like that idea!

Outstanding!

I’ve been having some lung issues so I decided to make some olive oil capsules. I used all the rosin I had on hand. Turned out to be 1.7 gm. I decarbed it in my toaster oven until it stopped bubbling at 250*F (about 20-25 minutes). I added it to about 1/4 cup of EVOO and about 1/2tsp of lecithin. I made 43 capsules and took 3 immediately. That was about 35 minutes ago and I’m just now starting to feel a little. Not much yet, but I’ll wait another 30 minutes and if it’s not good enough I’ll take another. Hopefully I didn’t dilute too much. I have a hard time with dosage. Sometimes I get it right... :headbanger:

Have a great day!

This batch is a four-banger. I’ve been nicely buzzed all afternoon. Not too strong, but 4 capsules seems to be the sweet spot for me. I could probably handle 5, but that might just slap me into Buzz-Lightyear territory.

Yes...Grandpa’s stoned again! And?

Im sooo jealous of you guys.
I want a dab press sooo bad, the whole kit kaboodle. They are awesome, you dudes make awesome rosin, so impressed. I am just sick of all the work on my back with bubble bags...the ice, water, being cold.... Lol

Im going to save up, bite the bullet, probably not by harvest...but soon enough.
I even have a dDave mod kit with a micro doser that can be used for hashes etc.
I wanna,play too....hehehe

:adore:

Im sooo jealous of you guys.
I want a dab press sooo bad, the whole kit kaboodle. They are awesome, you dudes make awesome rosin, so impressed. I am just sick of all the work on my back with bubble bags...the ice, water, being cold.... Lol

Im going to save up, bite the bullet, probably not by harvest...but soon enough.
I even have a dDave mod kit with a micro doser that can be used for hashes etc.
I wanna,play too....hehehe

:adore:
use dry ice and a 120 bag

I did the same at first. I had to start timing how long I heat the banger with the torch (25 seconds) and then restart the timer for the cool down (1 minute 15 seconds). When using my dab rig that’s what I do every time now. When I use the nectar collector I heat the tip red then wait 15-20 seconds before hitting. I think every rig is similar but different. We just need to figure it out. Extremely high temp Rosin dabs can choke the most experienced toker. Tastes like fish! :laugh:

...and then you let it cool too much. You watch the oil melt while you’re sucking your eyeballs into your skull and get no hit... fuck me! :rofl:
Well I am dejected to say the least. Yesterday the wife I am burned through 2 grams of expensive ass concentrastes from the dispensary and I can't get one damn hit that even gets close to getting me high. Wife gets high... I dont. I got high smoking $12 gram of Coumbian but not GG#4 concentrate. WTF!!!. I have a quartz nail, I have a titanium nail, I've hit them perfect in the past with the outer-space buzz that comes with it. What is the f is going on. I'm ready to throw all this shit against the wall.

Not stupid by any stretch... published author in the computer field. The only think I can think of not is buying a standalone wax maxter or something everyone knows works well from 7th floor or some some contratraption with the temp coil. controller. Any suggestions or am I just lacking the skillset to get this crap working. Humbled severely ATM.

use dry ice and a 120 bag
Your about 10 years too late. Lol
Used to do it over a glass pane.
Press is the go for me...buds in bag, heat plates, squish buds, have rosin...easy.

Well I am dejected to say the least. Yesterday the wife I am burned through 2 grams of expensive ass concentrastes from the dispensary and I can't get one damn hit that even gets close to getting me high. Wife gets high... I dont. I got high smoking $12 gram of Coumbian but not GG#4 concentrate. WTF!!!. I have a quartz nail, I have a titanium nail, I've hit them perfect in the past with the outer-space buzz that comes with it. What is the f is going on. I'm ready to throw all this shit against the wall.

Not stupid by any stretch... published author in the computer field. The only think I can think of not is buying a standalone wax maxter or something everyone knows works well from 7th floor or some some contratraption with the temp coil. controller. Any suggestions or am I just lacking the skillset to get this crap working. Humbled severely ATM.

I hate that! I wonder if you got an old batch... Do they offer a replacement for ineffective meds? I’d let them know so they could check their stock and hopefully be thankful that a customer is helping them keep their products top notch.
I ran into the same issue with those preloaded vape pens. I could barely catch a buzz.
:passitleft:

Anyone to care to show off some dab rigs to give me inspiration, I feel like a complete noob especially since I've hit these and been skyrocketed to the moon before. How in the f can I not dab right, this shit is pissing me off.
Biggest (20 ton) cheapest rig on the market in my opinion... Total was $500(us). Without making any parts. You could make it slightly cheaper if you don’t do the “caged” plates. I went with the caged to get perfect alignment.
Harbor Freight 20 ton press - sale & tax- $150
Dabpress caged plates -sale- $350

4DC80876-42B2-40B7-A623-9F757B7C0AC5.jpeg

Nothing beats fresh squeeze.

Back
Top Bottom