Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I smear rosin on the oil pad in my mighty and it works a treat. I always put a half bowl of weed underneath so it soaks in. It vapes for ages. You can buy the oil pads separately and I cut mine in half so I’m sure you could make them fit most ovens. I’m getting rather fond of my nectar collector though! Here’s a pic of the oil pads.
66656BD3-4130-47D8-8995-77C7770C69D5.jpeg
Have you got an opinion on temp setting? Mine will run all the way over 400*.

I’ve always run my vapes at full power. 210 on the mighty 230 on the volcano. I was a heavy smoker before so I like a kick.

I don’t have a clue. I like lower temp hits when dabbing; for the taste, but I’m not sure with a vape.

In other news: I just had to try squishing some newly harvested Bubblelicious. She’s not cured, but is dried and just put into containers for the cure. I didn’t expect a very good taste, but I’m pleasantly surprised. Very nice. I squished two 5gm bags. First bag squished at 195F and the second at 220F. I’ve never experienced the buttery/waxy consistency so much as with the first low temp squeeze.

I had to try them both. In the name of science! They both passed the test with flying colors. Enjoy!

I thinking it should be over 215 to activate the THC. Or am I just making that up?

When decarbing in the oven it's 110 @ 110 or 110°C (230°F) for 1hr 50 min.

My Wismec Rouleaux will go to 300°C / 570°F in temperature control mode. I usually run at about 218°C or 425°F for vaping. I'd start about there, since you are decarbing as you flash it into vapor.

Here’s what I’m working with. Currently charging. Let’s find out what happens....
B58B10BF-BAEC-4A64-B49C-885E74CEC2A7.jpeg

978875A8-C9EB-46E0-B253-F70A2575CBC0.jpeg
F592189D-A771-43D6-8E4F-FB0C805F10F6.jpeg

B2F5AAA9-4F1B-4F1A-B526-B2897CE29C08.jpeg
Well it works good. In fact it mellows the intensity of the flavor. You do have to puff on it, unlike the fire breathing straw (my preference). But it sure as hell would get you out of a jam. So you don’t look like your hitting a crack pipe in front of everyone at the wedding...
That first dab pretty much absorbed into the new cotton and seasoned it. I add another dab and cranked it up. Puffed on it for a few minutes. I don’t know how long it should last.
:thumb:

I don’t have a clue. I like lower temp hits when dabbing; for the taste, but I’m not sure with a vape.

In other news: I just had to try squishing some newly harvested Bubblelicious. She’s not cured, but is dried and just put into containers for the cure. I didn’t expect a very good taste, but I’m pleasantly surprised. Very nice. I squished two 5gm bags. First bag squished at 195F and the second at 220F. I’ve never experienced the buttery/waxy consistency so much as with the first low temp squeeze.

I had to try them both. In the name of science! They both passed the test with flying colors. Enjoy!

Curious what you thought if anything (or were you too stoned from hitting it like myself) in the different consistencies?

-change in taste
-change in melt

Did anyone get as frustrated as me when first dabbing when its too hot, too cool, etc., and you can't hit it optimally. One day I'm smoking like a dragon and feel the effects incredibly, and the next day I'll take a hit and feel next to nothing. Is this all due to temperature and inexperience?

Curious what you thought if anything (or were you too stoned from hitting it like myself) in the different consistencies?

-change in taste
-change in melt

I notice more flavor/terps in the lower temp squeeze for sure, but not really enough for me to say it’s better or worse. I suppose it’s all about preference. The crumble stuff seems a tiny bit easier to collect and handle. More stable, but I think I prefer a little higher temp for more return. Or, find that “just right temp” that will take some experimenting.

In other words... I got too stoned to tell... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did anyone get as frustrated as me when first dabbing when its too hot, too cool, etc., and you can't hit it optimally. One day I'm smoking like a dragon and feel the effects incredibly, and the next day I'll take a hit and feel next to nothing. Is this all due to temperature and inexperience?

I did the same at first. I had to start timing how long I heat the banger with the torch (25 seconds) and then restart the timer for the cool down (1 minute 15 seconds). When using my dab rig that’s what I do every time now. When I use the nectar collector I heat the tip red then wait 15-20 seconds before hitting. I think every rig is similar but different. We just need to figure it out. Extremely high temp Rosin dabs can choke the most experienced toker. Tastes like fish! :laugh:

...and then you let it cool too much. You watch the oil melt while you’re sucking your eyeballs into your skull and get no hit... fuck me! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom