Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I've looked at those hydrogen generators for cars. I looked at some diy they are just stainless steel plates with low voltage and saltwater... what would you do with the hydrogen?
It would be pulled out with your exhaust fan....no big deal.

I looked at them as well a while back when researching DWC. One would thing that since you are separating the hydrogen and oxygen molecules that The hydrogen would revert back to a gaseous state like the oxygen and bubble out into the atmosphere. That made me wonder what effect it would have on the evaporation rate of the bucket.

With the air pump you are just introducing into water. My take on it in the end is that air pumps are cheap and readily available if one goes down. Every pet store has them to at least get you by until you can repair or replace your higher end unit.

In any event GT and some of the others really make the DWC/RDWC look pretty straight forward and the results are hard to disagree with. :)

Yeah, if you had a problem it could get bad and quick with the electrolysis. Especially if it went rogue and electrified the plant....would kill it quickly with a low current running through the roots.

Also you would use water faster, just for some of it being split into O2.

There was a table that @Rider509 generated a long while back with regards to DO. It pretty much demonstrated that plant requirements of DO were very low, in fact anything more than standing water would support plant life. Increased or excessive amounts of oxygen in the water did not do any damage nor did they enhance growth. Long story short, a small air pump is more than adequate and expensive O2 generation would just be a waste of money.

Thanks “Scottay!” LOL! I can’t help but whisper that out loud ...”Scottay!” Maybe I’m high...what am I sayin? Hahaha I’m fo sho high! That just cracks me up!

I wish we could all sit around the fire and talk about dissolved oxygen and shit...maybe slam a few dabs too. :ganjamon:

Thanks “Scottay!” LOL! I can’t help but whisper that out loud ...”Scottay!” Maybe I’m high...what am I sayin? Hahaha I’m fo sho high! That just cracks me up!

I wish we could all sit around the fire and talk about dissolved oxygen and shit...maybe slam a few dabs too. :ganjamon:
Maybe one day......

Damn nice shatter....as usual

You can run RDWC without air stones also. Works great if you use water fall in each tub.

Yeah I found that out too. What is handy about the airstone / pump setup is if you live in an area where there is the odd power out like I do. The rwdc without airstones have drooping plants within an hour. The airstone ones can hold out much longer. Had a plant stand in water for 2 days and no drooping.

Good Am Pops, and all... I was doing some research yesterday on the current grow going on here and I came across what would be an obvious question... My question for discussion and suggestions from all of you would be : Would it be possible to use the same type of set up with air pots and such, but use a dredge method instead of Hydro.... And when I say possible it is clear the easy answer on that, more so would I get comparable results come harvest in both girth and weight... I will have Timber cob set up for lighting... Thank you in advance and Green Days...

Good Am Pops, and all... I was doing some research yesterday on the current grow going on here and I came across what would be an obvious question... My question for discussion and suggestions from all of you would be : Would it be possible to use the same type of set up with air pots and such, but use a dredge method instead of Hydro.... And when I say possible it is clear the easy answer on that, more so would I get comparable results come harvest in both girth and weight... I will have Timber cob set up for lighting... Thank you in advance and Green Days...

I couldn’t even venture a guess. I think I get what your suggesting, but I’m way too lazy for that. It took me forever just to try a stand-alone DWC bucket. LOL!

I always go with the “KISS” method...”Keep It Simple, Stupid.” I’ll let the real professional growers chime in on that one. It’s out of my league.

Good morning friends! Welcome to day 9 of this magical mystery tour. More growth overnight with the beginnings of flowers starting to form. Decent structure on these two girls. I know they are going to be unmanageable in just a few short weeks...LOL!

All is good from where I sit. I forgot how wonderful a chiller is. My observations so far are that the constant temps are helping keep my res in check. No wild swings in PH or EC. It’s pleasant to see everything where you want them...especially for an OCD-ridden old guy. :yahoo:

I sincerely hope each of you have a wonderful day! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom