Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

That is a nice batch of glue.

Thanks!

Wow you really squashed the shit outta that. Fucking tasty

It got squished again...

Another great GT photo shoot! Is there anything to be done with the leftover squashed buds? There must be some goodness left in there.

Why yes, yes there is. I didn’t capture it, but a second squeeze gave me .24 more goodness. The second squeeze usually produces a little darker material because you’re squeezing more green out, but in this case it looks very similar to the first batch. So almost a 17% return. I normally yield around that...sometimes slightly over 20%. Depends on the weed/heat/time/press etc.

After the second squeeze I save the squished patty’s in a plastic bag that’s kept in the freezer. When I have enough patty-pucks, I’ll use them to make some Everclear shatter.

Super job on the rosin, looks tasty!

Thanks Penny! It surely is.

After the second squeeze I save the squished patty’s in a plastic bag that’s kept in the freezer. When I have enough patty-pucks, I’ll use them to make some Everclear shatter.

Very cool. Waste not want not.

I have a strange question, that is probably best asked here.

Is there a lot of loss with making shatter/dab? Seems like it would be hard getting it all out of the catch container/material.

I have a strange question, that is probably best asked here.

Is there a lot of loss with making shatter/dab? Seems like it would be hard getting it all out of the catch container/material.

Not strange whatsoever.

If I were to throw the puck away, after the second press, then there would be some loss (tiny). However, I soak the pucks in grain alcohol to extract the most I can—after I save up enough of them. They stay in the freezer until there’s enough to make a good batch.

Sorry GT,

I mean the loss of the rosin/dab (terminology)? I understand the remainder of the plant material would be placed in an edible solvent for the remainder to be extracted.

I guess if you are reusing a sil pad or something similar, whatever you do not get this time, you will get next time. How do you get it all off the parchment?

Hi Grandpa, Man can I ever share your distaste for hospitals, just when you stick your middle finger up at them as you walk away, they break your back so you gotta go back. They are medical mafia, we are never truly free...lol.

Nothing like THOSE kinda friends who just kick yah when you're down. Be sure to offer him some spider mite buds and see what he says. j/k

I got an idea for you. it's gonna sound crazy. But if you want to start again, harvest your stuff, save what you can, then make TOPICAL OIL. All you do is make it as you would usually do it. Then add peppermint, tea tree essential oil, this will assist in penetrating deep into the vertibrae.

With back issues, it's so hard to move around and apply oil on your own back. Instead. I was thinking that you could apply oil on a towel that is covering a heating pad. Then lay it all on the floor, heating pad, then towel with a special cloth just for the oil to absorb on. Then lay down on the warmed towel and enjoy a back pain treatment.

You can just soak the towel with oil, use it up, and do it 3 times a day to get that back healing.

IMO, As for the bugs, you're not a real grower until you've had them once. I had them when I first started and it's just an initiation into the garden world. So congrats, you're officially an MJ grower.

Sorry GT,

I mean the loss of the rosin/dab (terminology)? I understand the remainder of the plant material would be placed in an edible solvent for the remainder to be extracted.

I guess if you are reusing a sil pad or something similar, whatever you do not get this time, you will get next time. How do you get it all off the parchment?

Not just the plant material is soaked in the alcohol. The 90 micron screen is also soaked so nothing is left after that. Trust me, most of the good stuff is squished out on the first press. Many people don’t use a screen at all and just press directly in the parchment.

It comes off the parchment very easily. I tend to roll a dabber slowly and once you have a little on the dabber it begins to stick to itself and just comes right off.

Hi Grandpa, Man can I ever share your distaste for hospitals, just when you stick your middle finger up at them as you walk away, they break your back so you gotta go back. They are medical mafia, we are never truly free...lol.

Nothing like THOSE kinda friends who just kick yah when you're down. Be sure to offer him some spider mite buds and see what he says. j/k

I got an idea for you. it's gonna sound crazy. But if you want to start again, harvest your stuff, save what you can, then make TOPICAL OIL. All you do is make it as you would usually do it. Then add peppermint, tea tree essential oil, this will assist in penetrating deep into the vertibrae.

With back issues, it's so hard to move around and apply oil on your own back. Instead. I was thinking that you could apply oil on a towel that is covering a heating pad. Then lay it all on the floor, heating pad, then towel with a special cloth just for the oil to absorb on. Then lay down on the warmed towel and enjoy a back pain treatment.

You can just soak the towel with oil, use it up, and do it 3 times a day to get that back healing.

IMO, As for the bugs, you're not a real grower until you've had them once. I had them when I first started and it's just an initiation into the garden world. So congrats, you're officially an MJ grower.

Ha! This is my second time! I had them when I first started too...I guess I’m better than most. LOL! I like the topical idea. I’ve not experimented with anything like that, but I will for sure. I’ve already got a a plan for a good bud wash before it goes to dry. It definitely could be worse. I may have put a good dent in these devils with just a couple sprays.

Anyway, thanks G!

Brainiac Headache & Migraine Topical Organic Oil - 1.0
(FOR SEVERE BODY PAIN TOO)

• (NOT EDIBLE or SMOKABLE<<<External use only!)
MAKE YOUR OWN GRANDPA-T!

GrandpaT - Even if you don't buy the essential oils, the key element to healing your back is to APPLY HEAT for deeper saturation of your oil. Tea Tree oil and Peppermint oil radiates calm, cool, then warm, relaxing. Kinda like A535 muscle tissue ointment. The stronger the better cause you have intense pain. This is where I see you utilizing any bud you don't want to ingest. Aaaaand, when you wash your buds, you can use Hydrogen Peroxide to super clean your buds. You may see bubbles as it cleans depending IF they are truly that dirty.

There are always options Grandpa T, we won't let you suffer.

--------------recipe------------oil made already.

Here is my collection of essential oils I have squirrelled away for years.

Be sure to check the ingredients of your oils and make sure they are good quality; you don’t want to add chemicals to your skin or brain to absorb.

When you choose your essential oils, names can be distractions, go by the smell and what it your initial reaction is to it. You should feel alert and allured by your favourite scent.

If you place your topical over your wrists, THC will be absorbed into your blood. If you get drug tested try to avoid that area. Your body processes the oils because they have healing supplements natural to your system and you want to stimulate Neuro Genesis - "healing through cell generation" to thrive.

Tea Tree & Peppermint are very common essential oils and can be found in most major distributors, am*zon, etc.

Tea Tree - USE THIS ONE GT:peace:
Peppermint Twist - USE THIS ONE GT:peace:
Goddess - Naaaaaah hahahahaha GT:eek:
Rainforest
Coffee
Spa Spirit
Exhale
Liquid Sunshine
Tranquility
And a couple more I can’t remember.

------------------------

I added 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Twist & Rainforest for deep penetration!

-----------------------------

Added ¼ teaspoon onto my bandaid patch.

--------------------------

Apply patch to the back neck, above your top spine, right where you cerebellum is located. I leave it for as long as I can, hours even. Instantly it brings my temperature down with the contrast of goosebumps and shivers. After that initial breeze on my neck, I cover it with a towel to keep the heat in. Then it becomes a soothing treatment of warm bliss on my neck to calm me and reassure me that helps on the way.

--------------------------

Hope you get as much care from this as possible.:Namaste:

------------------

When making topical oils, the two most absorbent oils you can use are pumpkin seed and grapeseed oil. They soak into the skin very quickly and bring the THC with them. They actually get absorbed so quickly that it can be hard to rub them in. If that's something you want to be able to do (y'know, move the oil around after you apply it), you should add fractionated coconut oil to the mix. It's also well absorbed, just not quite as quickly. At work my blend is 50/50 grape and pumpkin to keep my clothes cleaner, and at home it 40/40/20 with 20% fractionated coconut so I can spread it more easily.

I find that a THC concentration of over 10mg/ml works best. If you want the best way to calculate that, try the spreadsheet that @Oldbear made. Link here:
Concentration and Doseage Calculator

Anyone interested in making a salve/ointment, you can blend in a small amount of beeswax to the hot oil for a thicker consistency.

And there you have it! What Shed Said...:theband: Thank you.

But you get much needed Omega3 & DHA supplements for the brain, if you use EVOO.

Honestly, everybody has different skin types, this works for me, but you have coconut oil, so please use what you have.

We all have different budgets, timelines, you can use what you want GrandpaT. I just bought Avocado oil to experiment with because it too have Omega3 & DHA supplements (which stimulates the creation of new brains).

You know me, everything I do is related to brain cell generation. I just wanted to give you a base to start off with, cause we both know you're a coconut oil man.

I don't want to belabor the point (though it seems like I am), but no THC you put on your skin enters the bloodstream and therefore nothing you use will get through the blood brain barrier. The purpose of topicals is to activate or deactivate the nerve endings near the surface of the skin to send signals through the CNS and PNS to our brain. The compounds in the topicals don't actually reach the brain themselves. The best way use Omega-3 and DHA boosters is internally so it can get into the bloodstream. They're not cheap, and using them externally probably wouldn't be considered their best and highest use.

I'm not saying you can't absorb anything through the skin (transdermal patches work obviously), but the skin is an excellent barrier to most of the outside world.

Not just the plant material is soaked in the alcohol. The 90 micron screen is also soaked so nothing is left after that. Trust me, most of the good stuff is squished out on the first press. Many people don’t use a screen at all and just press directly in the parchment.

It comes off the parchment very easily. I tend to roll a dabber slowly and once you have a little on the dabber it begins to stick to itself and just comes right off.

Thanks for letting me hijack the thread, and for the answer. :thanks:

Okay,
I actually got the idea for using the bandaid patch and oil from a registered nurse, who was featured in a video on The Green Flower, episode, Neurodegenerative Diseases, for patients who have trouble ingesting oil. They place it over the wrists so it gets into the blood stream, which is what I'm also doing with bandaids. I don't make up these things, I do my research like we all should do.

But for the case of just ending it, you win! you're right, I digress. I wasn't giving Grandpa the recipe to make oil, I am giving him ideas to add to his coconut oil recipe he's always made before you got here.

Sorry If I lead you astray GrandpaT, going back to my bubble.

Back
Top Bottom