Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

You could squeeze two photos in that space if you wanted to, but I think it's probably a better plan to do one of each. My plants typically take up 2 square feet each. That's about 17 x 17 inches. They'll yield about 2 ounces, easily, at that size. When I first started, I ran three NL autos and yielded quite well. I like autos. :cheesygrinsmiley: I wish I lived on a farmstead - I'd grow a whole batch of 'em in the summer! :slide:

Graytail, my auto jock horrors from nirvana yielded great! I used them as my CS seed experiment. im growing out 2 of the 3 different auto mixes i made. Actually 2. I pollenated the JH herself too. :) I like autos for speed and variety

And how is the potency and quality of smoke for the autos? Speed is great and variety rocks but can it really stand up to good photo genetics?

Well, i would rate any of the weed I have grown with HB soil as K.A. (Kick ass) :) I havent yet grown anything twice. I am growing the same unknown strain that I grew before. I also havent tried the alternate versions of what I grew, either HB or any other way.

: ... I've been thinking about some UVB supplemention, too ...

:thanks: Gray if your smoke gets any stronger, we might not see you for days!! :yummy:

While I've got my bookmarks out - Not entirely on the current subject of brix and sugar, but on the subject of LED spectrum, and the photomorphogenic differences in LED grown plants compared to ones grown under HPS . After reading, I was able to better understand Red receptors, and why the LED diodes of Red/FarRed/EverythingElse are in a certain ratio.

PHYTOCHROME-MEDIATED RESPONSES
IMPLICATIONS FOR CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH FACILITIES
Harry Smith

H.Smith - PHYTOCHROME-MEDIATED RESPONSES

The garden looks great:bravo: looking real nice in veg and flower...loving the nice deep green:)
Really really interested in that blue blood with the good ol CBD in her...any chance you are able to get your buds tested for the CBD content where you stay??

and incredible smoke report, you really know how to describe your cannabis. I guess 50 years of consumption will help with that :)...simply great!!!!+rep

I just read your smoke report on Destroyer, nice one :tokin: So I guess she's very friendly in the end, but doesn't hold the uppercut :) I'd smoke some ultra dreamy sativa actually, but I think my fortune lies in Thai, which is impossible for me to grow unfortunately. Anyway, I'm giving Mexican a try too as I set my eyes on Jarillo de Sinaloa from CannaBiogen and have to grab these seeds before they discontinue the line :)

Hope everything is well over there!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! :love:

Right after I posted about Blueberry being an Afghan/Mexican cross, I read that it was a Thai/Mexican cross. I know there are both indica and sativa Blueberrys, but I guess I thought they were from the same breeding ...

Are there two, or more, distinct Blueberry lines? Does anyone know the genetics? Conradino, do you know? Chimp?

It's very interesting that you can get the same combination of terpenes that'll result in blueberry, from entirely different lineages. :cheesygrinsmiley:

[Edit] ... and being a loadie, I forgot to mention ... Blue Blood is full of seeds ... :straightface: Apparently, Buddha Haze hermied enough to dust Blue Blood. So ... that's not really so bad - sounds like a nice cross. :cheesygrinsmiley: But, ahem, Blue Blood is also growing some male flowers. *sigh* So, she's not going to make it to full maturity. But I'll have some Buddha Blue seeds and I have 2 cuts that look like they're gonna make it.

:straightface::Namaste:

Yes, that's the Blueberry we all know - came from Flo, with mixed Thai and Afghan genetics with the Mexican, and it's heavily indica.

But there are sativa Blueberrys too. And Destroyer specifically has no indica in it and it reeked of blueberry. :cheesygrinsmiley:

[Edit again] Ok, I can answer my own question. Eskobar Seeds has a Blueberry Sativa, described as "True Blueberry sativa thai phenotype". :cheesygrinsmiley: So, the blueberry comes from That, which makes perfect sense.

I may have been smoking and typing out loud again - shouldn't do that.

:smokin:

I think there's one Blueberry as in Original Blueberry by DJ Short, and the rest are ripoffs like White Widow, which is Black Widow now, but is offered as a White Widow by every seedbank on this planet :tokin:

Her's what Short says in his "Strains of Yesteryear" article by the way:

Indian Elephant & Buddha Stick
There was a small supply of Indian tied stick pot available at the end of the 70's and the beginning of the 80's. These sticks were characterized by their large size compared to the smaller Thai Stick.
The Buddha stick was lighter colored and sweeter with a distinct juniper flavor. It was very stimulating to the palate. The Elephant stick was the largest tied sticks, some up to an ounce each, and darker. Of the two, I preferred the Buddha due to its being more cerebral and heady, but the Elephant stick was a fine and powerful product as well.
I was able to grow some of the seeds from the Buddha stick. It produced a pungent smelling herb of the juniper/licorice flavor. Most of the plants grew medium bushy, and most, but not all, were hermaphroditic. The harvest time was medium as well, 10 to 12 weeks indoors, very late October to November outdoors at 45?N.
I called the product Gin Blossom and grew a bit of her in the late 70's and early 80's. It was not until I replicated the flavor in the Blueberry lines that I retired the Gin Blossom strain.

:Namaste:

Update time! :grinjoint:

The biggest news is the fully fertilized Blue Blood. Sheesh, she's seeding out everywhere! And I only found a few others on UH1, no one else. That poor girl got thoroughly dusted. Fortunately, I don't see any more male flowers, so she and her seeds continue to mature. Trich development is nothing to celebrate so far, but she just had her second Cat drench so things should be picking up soon. This strain is supposed to mature in 8 weeks, which is just a couple weeks away. Sure looks pretty. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Blue Blood - 180 days old - 42 days 12/12 - 32 since pistils - brix 17/18
DSCN7119.JPG

DSCN71201.JPG

DSCN71211.JPG

DSCN7123.JPG

I left Utopia Haze in place again - she looks too comfortable to disturb. This plant really looks good - no sign of deficiencies, nice dark color, good vigor on the upper growth. :cheesygrinsmiley: Five or six weeks to go, though. I hope I can keep her happy.

UH1 - 174 days old - 44 days 12/12 - 32 since pistils - brix 15/18
DSCN7111.JPG

DSCN7112.JPG

DSCN7113.JPG

DSCN7116.JPG

DSCN7118.JPG

Nexus remains a bit of a pleasant mystery. Its genetics are pure sativa - Brazilian x Sativa Blue - but it started out looking very hybrid, all wide leaved and compact. Its leaves have become steadily thinner as it's matured, but it remains compact. Interesting - I like it. Trichs are coming along faster than Blue Blood, but not nearly as fast as Dest1.

Nexus - 158 days old - 34 days 12/12 - 23 since pistils - brix 17/20
DSCN7125.JPG

DSCN7126.JPG

DSCN71271.JPG

DSCN71281.JPG

And here's Destroyer Cut1. :yahoo: This one may turn out better than her mother, but she's probably going to lack the spectacular magenta coloration. Trichs are getting thick already and the blueberry scent is ramping up. :cheesygrinsmiley: Three or four weeks to go.

Dest1 - 145 days old - 42 days 12/12 - 31 since pistils - brix 17/18
DSCN71301.JPG

DSCN7131.JPG

DSCN71321.JPG

DSCN7133.JPG

DSCN71341.JPG

This Carnival cut had a rough beginning, so it looks pretty weird, but my oh my does it have bud sites! And it's been really eager-looking since I put it into bloom 6 days ago, all spikey and reaching up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Carn7 - 161 days old - 6 days 12/12 - brix 18/21
DSCN71371.JPG

DSCN7138.JPG

DSCN71401.JPG

DSCN71421.JPG

Destroyer Cut2 is plumping up nicely, and I'll probably be getting her into flower within a week.

Dest2 - 145 days old - brix 15/16
DSCN71441.JPG

DSCN71451.JPG

DSCN7147.JPG

UH2 is ... ok. There's a lot more good new growth and I like the color. She'll make a good mother.

UH2 - 174 days old - brix 19/20
DSCN7148.JPG

DSCN7149.JPG

DSCN7150.JPG

I also have another Carnival cut I'm nursing for a mother. She's been doing a lot better now that she has a decent home. She's kind of a project plant - shoulda been culled long ago, but she's interesting.

Carn8 - 168 days old
DSCN7152.JPG

:Namaste:

Your updates are always awesome. Love the detail. I've learned lots from your journals.
+ reps

Beautiful GT! Are the buds from a polinated seed run still worth anything or is it pretty much throw away or possibly hash only material? I would like to seed a couple but can't afford to waste an entire cycle.

Great update Greytail. That Utopia Haze still has 5-6 weeks? Whoa - I can't even conceive. LOL! You had me looking up seeds for Destroyer. What a beautiful strain. It'll have to wait until I have more space. That one and Carnival. Such temptation!

Back
Top Bottom