Greetings from Europe

Schnitzelmann

420 Member
Hi guys!

My name is Schnitzelmann, I'm in my mid 30s and I'm from a small country in the centre of Europe, called Austria. I'm pretty sure you've heard of Red Bull, Sigmund Freud, Svarovski, Mozart or Schnitzel... well all of these things have their origin in Austria. After smoking for a bit over 10 years I've decided to start my own grow and here I am. :p I'm pretty new to the growing scence and tried another (German-speaking) community, but it was not what I was looking for. As you might guess my native language is not English, but I hope it will be fine anyways. (if not, don't hesitate to tell me!) This is actually my second try of the first run. I had to abort the first one due to fungus, but now I'm better prepared than ever. :yahoo:

My grow setup is fully organic (soil), 80x80x180cm (32"x32"x71") tent with a 215W full-spectrum LED and 9 LSD plants from Barney's Farm (currently in 3,5l (0,9 gal.) pots filled with Biobizz Allmix), for flowering they'll move into 6,5l (1,7 gal.) pots filled with a mixture of Biobizz Lightmix and a super-soil from a manufacturer based in Germany.

LSD Side.jpeg

My tent is located in my bedroom hidden in a customized IKEA cabinet. 1-Kasten seitlich.jpeg2.5-Kasten seitlich offen.jpeg2-Kasten seitlich Lüft.jpeg Austrian laws allow me to buy seeds, cuttlings and every kind of equipment I need at local stores, only flowering the plants is forbidden, but who cares about that if you have so much freedom. :cool:

Happy growing! :Namaste:

Edit: added imperial units :p

Welcome,Schnitzelmann,to 420 !

That's a nice cabinet you've got there-looks like you did it right!
so clean.....great job, great plants

Welcome @Schnitzelmann , anything else you can do wrong has been done here already! Lots of smart weed growers here to help us succeed. That light looks very nice! Great stealth setup too. Funny you can do everything weed related up to flower! Governments are goofy aren't they? It's legal here now in my state, we can have up to 12 plants! Woohoo! Cheers, luck to your grow!

Welcome @Schnitzelmann , anything else you can do wrong has been done here already! Lots of smart weed growers here to help us succeed. That light looks very nice! Great stealth setup too. Funny you can do everything weed related up to flower! Governments are goofy aren't they? It's legal here now in my state, we can have up to 12 plants! Woohoo! Cheers, luck to your grow!

Thx a lot mate! :Namaste: I hope there will be no issues at all, but if so... this forum is obviously the place to be to get some appropriate help! :)
Our government (currently conservative/right-wing) has not yet understood the potential of (medical) cannabis. They act like Nixon's war on drugs, but I hope that European legislation will pave the way for (at least) medical users. From there on it's only a small step towards growing cannabis for personal use.

Edit: misspelling

Hi guys!

My name is Schnitzelmann, I'm in my mid 30s and I'm from a small country in the centre of Europe, called Austria. I'm pretty sure you've heard of Red Bull, Sigmund Freud, Svarovski, Mozart or Schnitzel... well all of these things have their origin in Austria. After smoking for a bit over 10 years I've decided to start my own grow and here I am. :p I'm pretty new to the growing scence and tried another (German-speaking) community, but it was not what I was looking for. As you might guess my native language is not English, but I hope it will be fine anyways. (if not, don't hesitate to tell me!) This is actually my second try of the first run. I had to abort the first one due to fungus, but now I'm better prepared than ever. :yahoo:

My grow setup is fully organic (soil), 80x80x180cm (32"x32"x71") tent with a 215W full-spectrum LED and 9 LSD plants from Barney's Farm (currently in 3,5l (0,9 gal.) pots filled with Biobizz Allmix), for flowering they'll move into 6,5l (1,7 gal.) pots filled with a mixture of Biobizz Lightmix and a super-soil from a manufacturer based in Germany.

LSD Side.jpeg

My tent is located in my bedroom hidden in a customized IKEA cabinet. 1-Kasten seitlich.jpeg2.5-Kasten seitlich offen.jpeg2-Kasten seitlich Lüft.jpeg Austrian laws allow me to buy seeds, cuttlings and every kind of equipment I need at local stores, only flowering the plants is forbidden, but who cares about that if you have so much freedom. :cool:

Welcome to :420: Schnitzelmann, you’ve jumped into a great community full of members looking to help out wherever possible. Welcome along and cheers mate

Hey @Schnitzelmann, welcome!

Awesome setup man, and your plants are looking great - ready to go.

I personally would not run more than 5-6 plants in a space like that - but right now you still have time to decide if you would like to remove one or two.

Are you planning to do any straining? LST, SCOG, Supercrop?

Really excited to keep my eye on your grow till harvest!
Peace

I personally would not run more than 5-6 plants in a space like that - but right now you still have time to decide if you would like to remove one or two.

Are you planning to do any straining? LST, SCOG, Supercrop?

Thanks for your reply irie lion! :)

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I did my research in local communities and was also told that 9 plants are manageable in a space like that. At least that was the opinion of several intermediate and senior growers from that German-speaking community I mentioned in my first post. What're the arguments against 9 plants in a space like that? :rolleyes:

I already did some HST last weekend (all of them are topped) and LST (bending). My plan is to prune about 30% of each plant in the third flowering week. Repotting and switching lights is planned for the end of next week. I'm really not sure about SCROG.. maybe some kind of "semi-SCROG" with a net or bamboo sticks in each pot to support the branches in the later flowering stage, but no real SCROG.

15-sd.jpeg
My plants tend to be very bushy so they'll sure need some kind of support.

Edit: misspelling (again)

Don't get me wrong, you can definitely grow 9 plants successfully in that space - i just believe growing 6 plants in that space will give each individual plant more space to get bigger. Long story short i think 6 bigger plants will yield more compared to 9 smaller plants, but once again this is a personal thing and completely up to you to decide. Nice thing is if you have any problems with one specific plant, it will not be a tough decision to remove it out the grow as that will give the others more space.
In my example, my current grow is in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m box - but i'm running 6 plants. Just my preference.

Then regarding the pruning. From my experience my plants react better to pruning during veg, during flower i only cut leaves that are covering bud sites & stems below the canopy that will mostly only provide popcorn bud. But once again its a personal thing and many strains react differently to pruning at different stages in their life cycle.

Your plants have a really open structure so i agree you will need support into flowering :lot-o-toke:

Don't get me wrong, you can definitely grow 9 plants successfully in that space - i just believe growing 6 plants in that space will give each individual plant more space to get bigger. Long story short i think 6 bigger plants will yield more compared to 9 smaller plants, but once again this is a personal thing and completely up to you to decide. Nice thing is if you have any problems with one specific plant, it will not be a tough decision to remove it out the grow as that will give the others more space.

I'm sticking with 9 plants for the next few weeks.

If everything works out well 9 plants can be harvested, if anything happens for any reason 9 plants in total are a good insurance not to loose too much if 1 or 2 are moving out. It's not all about yield.. I'm serious! What really matters to me is harvest at all costs and solid quality!! Yield can be improved within the next few runs.

Then regarding the pruning. From my experience my plants react better to pruning during veg, during flower i only cut leaves that are covering bud sites & stems below the canopy that will mostly only provide popcorn bud. But once again its a personal thing and many strains react differently to pruning at different stages in their life cycle. Your plants have a really open structure so i agree you will need support into flowering

Thx again for that great feedback!:) I pruned the lowest branches of each plant today and I hope they'll recover fast and reward me with fat colas later on. In my last run I pruned them in the third flowering week, but I think you know what you are talking about so I gave it a try! (@Old Salt liked your post and he's a "well-known member" with over 1,9k messages, so he's backing it up! :cool:)

Hi guys!

My name is Schnitzelmann, I'm in my mid 30s and I'm from a small country in the centre of Europe, called Austria. I'm pretty sure you've heard of Red Bull, Sigmund Freud, Svarovski, Mozart or Schnitzel... well all of these things have their origin in Austria.
:welcome: to :420:Schnitzelmann :passitleft:...I'm MochaBud, I'm from Misery a small town in the middle of nowhere, where nothing ever happens and fun goes to die...
........Yep...absolutely no fun :rofl::rofl::rofl:...BTW your girls look awesome:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom