Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

^^^^ Man that's a awesome looking blueberry. I have some IGLM blueberry auto's that Ill start in 3 months when my white widow is done, just started with it about 3 weeks ago. meanwhile I'll be checking you out to see how it goes.

Thanks! You can check out my first grow in my sig. It's got a completed 84 day Blueberry and the progress of the LST one above. It keeps going and going...

Happy Tuesday and I hope your eyes survived the eclipse yesterday ;) Woke up this morning and Blueberry 3 had poked above the peat!

20170822_080424.jpg

Showing a bit of tail:

20170822_080505.jpg

Preparing for planting...mesh on the peat pot comes off, being careful to not break the tap root:

20170822_081816.jpg

Blueberry 3 planted on Day 1 8/22/17:

20170822_083701.jpg

I plant directly into the 7 gallon smart pot in full sun, just like it would if it were growing in the wild. I gave it distilled water about an inch out from the peat pot, and I put a 20" saucer with distilled water under the smart pot to get some moisture directly in the bottom soil.

I'm looking forward to see how it grows in the next 12 hours while we wait for the AK-47's to poke out!

^^^^
Man that's a awesome looking blueberry. I have some IGLM blueberry auto's that Ill start in 3 months when my white widow is done, just started with it about 3 weeks ago. meanwhile I'll be checking you out to see how it goes.

Sweet...I'm going to be starting more blueberry autos in 3 months when mine are done as well. I'm a week in on my current grow? Is your ww an auto?? I have a fem ww at 3 weeks today!! You have a journal??

Sweet...I'm going to be starting more blueberry autos in 3 months when mine are done as well. I'm a week in on my current grow? Is your ww an auto?? I have a fem ww at 3 weeks today!! You have a journal??

Hey Moonshine. My ww are photo's as I have never grown an auto at all. They are 4 weeks old. I have always wanted to try autos and seeing had IGLM had a good deal on the bb I order some to try. Wanted to see what kind of luck others had growing the same thing.
Have to start reading up and doing my homework on autos since I never done them before. Sorry I do not have a journal right now. Hopefully I be able to start one with the bb auto. Not trying to jack the thread there In The Shed just wanted to reply back to Moonshine.

Happy growing everyone.

Everything's coming up green! Last night one AK had sprouted and this morning the other one was up!

20170823_070521.jpg

Getting ready for their final homes. AK4 already has its next set of leaves ready to go!:

20170823_072300.jpg

20170823_072310.jpg

AK5 had a tiny tap root, but AK4 did not:

20170823_072642.jpg

Planted!

20170823_072754.jpg

20170823_072821.jpg

The new ones got distilled water like Blue 3 and they all got water from the bottom saucer. Completely overcast this morning so they have some time to get used to being outside today.

Jeez when are my babies going to see the sun? It's been overcast for days now. Gray Thursday all!

Everyone got pH water last night when I got home, in a ring around the peat. A lot of the water ran right through, so my upping the percentage of perlite has improved drainage.

Here's Blue 3 on day 3:

20170824_080021.jpg

AK 4 on day 2:

20170824_080138.jpg

And AK 5 on day 2:

20170824_080207.jpg

Once I cut down my Blueberry 2 that's in the darkened shed I will be able to get these into the lights at night. That would be Saturday night.

I was just out cruising around and ended up here and close to the start. Hope ya don't mind if I drive by every now and then and peek at some pics? I don't get out alot but,,,,,Tell ya the truth,,, I really thought you had a pic of my old house back in Arkansas for your avatar. Like me, alittle weathered...

Look like you're doing great out the gate. I do see talk of topping autos.. I tried on acouple here and myself, but Miss J has been cutting as they become ready and I haven't even touched them. For now they all just get dumped in the same jar. Pot luck jar.. But I'd do like ya'll talking with LST. Anytime you take that tip,, you are losing acouple days min of precious veg time. Unless you know the strain. I see some large autos people grow here. Some pretty ones. I'm playing with some super autos that wood have to be topped and trained if attempted inside. Last year I grew a Muay Thai that hit just shy of 12'. One of my Number One autos is 10' this year. Then I did afew regular autos I got from CKS. These super autos have a 2, 2 and a half months of veg time. Which is nice if you have to have a crop in by 1st of Oct. I'll be harvesting Mid Sept with these..Well, I babbled enough. Blueberry is one of my all time favorites.. Just getting hard to sift thru all the attempted strains.. Everyone has their own versions of it. But if you do find the one that works for ya.. BTW DJ's i ok but I liked Dutch Passion's BB.. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks for stopping by whenever you have time Norcali! Personally I don't see a reason to top these plants as it looks like LST will do me just fine in terms of increased yield. Not trying to win any poundage awards, just get a good ROI!

And I definitely do not have room for a 10 foot plant :)

Oh by the way, that shed photo is just random off the internet so it could be your house in Arkansas!

Today's photos and still no sun. Tonight is the last night without the CFLs so they won't be starved for long!

I flicked the seed pod off Blueberry 3 (day 4) because it looks like it was crumpling one of the first set of true leaves. Maybe it will straighten itself out but either way it's not an issue.

20170825_073033.jpg

Here's AK 4 day 3:

20170825_073229.jpg

And AK 5 day 3:

20170825_073254.jpg

Everyone got pH water last night and the bottoms of the pots are damp so that means the tap root will find water on its way down. If it's still damp when I get home I may skip tonight's watering.

Do I start when they're this small? What ml/gal did you use when they were just babies? Everything I read says I have to start slower for autos than photos but I think I started too slow with my last grow.
Yeah! I started just after week one. I would start with the lower recommended dose then every watering you can bump it up.
It will help your plant uptake the nutes that are there or that you add, so be mindful.

Sounds good to me! I'll start on the next watering, which will probably small and right down the middle, tomorrow morning.
Nice!!! They'll love it, and so will you!!!

And I seriously mean, this shit doesn't burn! I gave my little autos 1oz/.5gal and my big girls are up to 8oz per watering

Back
Top Bottom