Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Nice set up Shed! Really digging the low and wide training . lotsa red tape there XD

Nice set up Shed! Really digging the low and wide training . lotsa red tape there XD

That's the way I roll with LST and autos! They didn't get at big as I had hoped but that's what I get for starting autos so late. The canopy on both is so dense that I'm going to go under and clean it up a bit as there is no light penetration through the top. But there's plenty of top green to support it the rest of the way through flower. Probably going to cull some of the "lower" buds as well at this point and save them for oil.

I kinda went crazy with the electrical tape because I dropped the light and cracked the stems and had to get them wrapped up quickly so I could get to work on time! More always = better, right? ;)

Your plants are looking good, Shed. It's crazy the dif between the leds and even early morning sun. That big ball in the sky kicks serious butt! It'd be cool to have a dedicated room with those light tunnels in the ceiling to bring the sunlight inside. I think they use fiber optics, but who knows what that'd do to the spectrum.

The only solar tubes I've seen just use reflective material to get the light down from the roof. Here's another way that I'm sure you've already thought of and have the parts sitting around for (skip ahead to 2:50 unless you want to hear the discussion on fiber):
YouTube

Happy shortest day of the year (I don't think I have any Aussies here but if I do, it's opposite day ;))! It's only getting better for the next 182 :):):).

Thursday update sans pics. Temp in the shed this morning was 61° and the RH was 50%. Out in the sun it was 77° (52° in the shade) and the RH was 10%. Holy cow that's low humidity! Crazy winds last night sucking the moisture out of all my outdoor plants. Watered everything in the cold morning air. No moose.

Speaking of cold, the autos got their roots chilled this morning when I gave them each a gallon of:
3ml cal/mag+
½ tsp Open Sesame
2½ tsp Tiger Bloom
4 tbs Big Bloom

Nute PPM was 900 (before BB), pH around 6.1. I didn't check runoff bc I was short on time.

May your days get sunnier from here on in!

[edit: I just got an email from 420. 20% off through 12/26 on orders over $100 with the code MERRYXMAS2017 at checkout. Tempting even though I won't have room for a while now :)]

Re: Grow #2 - Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

where i live we had less then 5h of sunshine for the last 21 days ... bah ..depressing
I hear ya the sun has already set.... and it's 340.... .

Re: Grow #2 - Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

I hear ya the sun has already set.... and it's 340.... .

Christ, if I was up there with my depression I'd have my head blown off by now.

Christ, if I was up there with my depression I'd have my head blown off by now.
It's really not that bad.... I struggled more with the 23 hours of sunlight all summer...

People up here get the winter depression so bad because of the long summers. Coming from the southwest, I get it now.... winter is pretty dark, but it's only becauwe they compare it to the endless summer day

It's really not that bad.... I struggled more with the 23 hours of sunlight all summer...

People up here get the winter depression so bad because of the long summers. Coming from the southwest, I get it now.... winter is pretty dark, but it's only becauwe they compare it to the endless summer day

Yeah, it is one hell of a swing. I'm almost at the southern parallel in Canada and I can't handle the lack of light here in the winter. I got some pretty fucked up genetics in my brain though.

I put on an eye mask when I wake up in the middle of the night so the morning sun won't bother me. I guess if it were still light when I went to bed I'd wear it all night! But if the sun went down that early I'd have Rider's lights all over my house ;).

I put on an eye mask when I wake up in the middle of the night so the morning sun won't bother me. I guess if it were still light when I went to bed I'd wear it all night! But if the sun went down that early I'd have Rider's lights all over my house ;).

I guess I don't have it as bad as I thought. Not good, but certainly not that bad.

Friday update, and we're having a bit of a cold snap in Los Angeles. To keep the plants from getting too cold in the shed, I've added two incandescent bulbs hanging in with them. I think they're both 40 watt and they're just in there for heat.

20171221_214336.jpg

It was 62º at soil level this morning so it probably helped!

I took pics in the shade again today but I'll get some bright shiny pics tomorrow. Here's Blue 4 this morning on day 84:

20171222_111935.jpg

20171222_111928.jpg

And here's AK 7 on day 82:

20171222_112015.jpg

20171222_112010.jpg

I'll get some sunny bud shots tomorrow and take a look at the trichomes. TGIF and I hope your days are merry and getting brighter!

Do you moisturize under your beautiful face mask for cosmetic purposes...;) hahahahaha

LOVE THE LIGHT, I'm jelly...;)

Back
Top Bottom