Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Well I'm not down with US politics but a huge congratulations to you my friend. You've done yourself proud....not easy what you've been able to accomplish. I have my daughter due to the overwhelming addiction that her mom couldn't overcome. Man it holds people tight......thank you from your family for being the stronger one.

Always so helpful too......ty.

well ... that made me speechless ... even more so if i think about it was my daughter that basically got my butt in gear to deal with the situation ... Im sorry for what addiction did to your and your daughters life ... I truly am ...

Heya gang. Saturday and my new light arrived! I was going to use the carabiner they include but it ties all 4 wires together so there was no way to make sure the light faced the right way. I took it off and have it just hooked around the rope. What I did was thread the rope through two wires on each side so I can hang it the way the T5 fixture was hung. Take a look at the pic and see if you think it's ok.

20171216_123747.jpg

I'm going to start it 24" above the highest bud and then lower it over a few days to get it to 18". I'm also going to pull the shiny walls in so they are about 2" fro the sides, but on the edges I'll leave room for a fan and the AK-47 clone.

Also, the power strip that this plugs into isn't grounded (because my timer isn't 3-prong). Anyone care?

Whatcha think??

Also, it was feeding day. Both plants got 1 gallon:

3 ml cal/mag+
½ tsp Open Sesame
2½ tsp Tiger Bloom (to get the PPM up)
4 tbs Big Bloom

PPM in and out were the same, and nutes were around 870. pH was 6.4.

looking good friend ... you wont regret this descision and the misses will be thankfull when the results roll in hehe

Re: Grow #2 - Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

the only regret that i had when i acquired my LED is that i didnt got it faster ... in a few months you will say the same i promise you ...

and guys ... stop messing with them chemicals they will only get you in all sorts of problems and wont really help in the end ... i know what im talking about ... i used to treat my coke addiction with Valium and other benzo's ... they derailed me twice as hard as the coke did ... in the end its the downers that got me in trouble at work more then the coke and even worse i ended up using more C instead of less ... but then i discovered the ganja and i am now 21 months clean and thriving ;) cannabis works wonders to addictions and i swear its thanks to the herb that i still have my house, wife, kid and job .. it just makes me a better person ... and damn my Blue mazar is da shizzle hehe ...
Congrats!!! I'm a partially recovered addict myself. I mean I still like to drink beers and smoke but don't touch the hard ish anymore been years now. I don't keep track really, just look forward, thank upward, and push onward!!

It took me a long time to achieve what I have and a few hours of drooling and nodding off hasn't seemed appealing to me once even... at my lowest!

Ganja saves lives!!!

Oh! Shed, I can't remember if I congratulated you on your light purchase brother. I know you're going to love it! Dude here on Craigslist has 2 of those, & a viaspectra 600w led with bloom/veg switch & handy power switch on top of light, & two 3x3 tents for $250. I'd be ALL over that if I had it. Lol. Tried to get a friend to get it as he was wanting to try this, He responded with "those are expensive!). I was dumbfounded at that statement. Check your pm brother! :thumb:
It should be cheaper for them used imo. They only cost 300 for 2 new. I'm sure if you offer 150 you may have 2 new lights

Last post of the day but I wanted to show you the LEDs in action. I pulled out my glasses for checking the cones inside the kiln and guess what? They change pink to daylight and I can take pics through them! Magic, and I already owned them :):):)

I put the lowest growth in the middle...makes sense, no?

20171216_153753.jpg

Check out the shades!

20171216_153803.jpg

No pink pics here, even with the LEDs in action!

20171216_154014.jpg

20171216_154101.jpg

I forgot to measure the distance to the light so I'll go do that now. Have a great Saturday night all, and thanks again for all the help and advice! :thanks:

Shed, what's the material you have around your plants and is it for heat and reflectivity?

Shed, what's the material you have around your plants and is it for heat and reflectivity?
Shed is in bed. Check out Reflectix double reflective insulation.

Shed waren't in bed at 8:30. Shed had a dinner party. But yeah, that looks like the same stuff. Probably got it at Home Depot years ago and found it in the attic this summer to use as my "tent" walls.
Looks reflective AF to me. Should work great!

Last post of the day but I wanted to show you the LEDs in action.

Nice Shed! Welcome to the world of LEDs! I am going to be ever watchful. Let's see how the Shed does it! You should be getting way more light in there now! Congratulations again Shed!

Sunday everyone and I'm off to an art museum! I'll let you know how it was later, but for now, just a quick update. The LED did not crash onto the plants and no leaves got bleached, so I've lowered it 3" for tonight. Two pics of Blue 4 buds is all I have time for so enjoy! With some LED luck these will get nice and big over the next 20 days or so...

Blue 4 on day 79:

20171217_091112.jpg

20171217_091103.jpg

I'll try to get some shots in the shade because this high-contrast early morning sunlight makes it tough to tell what's going on. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cool light, I started with one, different brand, little brighter lum wise than yours....overpaid for it. It ran warm/hot in a tent, so I went to cobs. For your use, at your climate you will not have issues. I ran mine about 16 off when they were used to it.

But, you gave me an idea for vegging/clones. I have a tray, and space for the tray, just did not know how to incorporate a light like my old one, vented properly, and not get bleed into the tent. I may try your solution and have the light just at the top of the material.

Looking great Shed! At that age and light height I don't think you are going to get light bleaching at all. Mine was just too much up front. It seems like when they are older and more stable, they can take damn near as much as you can throw at them, heat notwithstanding. But you probably won't have the heat issues either so you're Gold Leaf right? Do you plan to start some seedlings under this one or is it just going to be the Shed nightly supplement? How's the heat with that thing?

Looking great Shed! Do you plan to start some seedlings under this one or is it just going to be the Shed nightly supplement? How's the heat with that thing?

Thanks Ripe! I think I'll always start the seeds in my peat-puck-shoe-box because it generates more heat (with the CFL being 1" away) and because as soon as they break the surface they go out into the sun. But they will be under the LED at night so I'll have to pay more attention to the height if anything else is growing in there. I can also move sprouts off to the side like the AK-47 clone is now. This light doesn't seem to generate any heat, at least not toward the plants, and not enough to offset the cold ambient air in the rest of the shed.

-------------------------

Pics of the day! I took these pics in the shade but managed to get a trichome sticky fingerprint on the lens so there's a bit of soft focus on one side (Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up). The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Blue 4 day 80:

20171218_082222.jpg

20171218_082208.jpg

AK 7 day 78:

20171218_082444.jpg

20171218_082430.jpg

In the shed, through the looking glasses:

20171218_081957.jpg

I've got the lights set around 20" from the highest part of the canopy (I'll lower it to 18" tonight) and I took some screenshots with the lux meter. With the disclaimer that these phone-based lux meters are not even accurate for comparison purposes, here is the LED reading:

Screenshot_20171218-082030.png

And here is the 8:30am morning sun on December 18th:

Screenshot_20171218-082323.png

Science!

I love science ... last sunday ive been reading up on Quarks, Hadrons, Baryons, mesones leptons and more ... its mighty interesting... particle physics for beginners ;) ... did ye know that almost all normal matter in the universe is made of 3 quarks except electrons they are made of 2 ... but they account for only 0.0005% off the mass .... heh

i love science ... Last sunday ive been reading up on quarks, hadrons, baryons, mesones leptons and more ... Its mighty interesting... Particle physics for beginners ;) ... Did ye know that almost all normal matter in the universe is made of 3 quarks except electrons they are made of 2 ... But they account for only 0.0005% off the mass .... Heh

ikr!

Back
Top Bottom