Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

How about I reply to this one? Lol. Great tutorial there Mr shed. And another informative and fun grow!

Can you share what pain and issues the topical rub works best for? Sci was asking about arthritis and I had no idea what to suggests besides cbd for inflammation.... I know arctic bowls lotionnisngreat fronsore muscles and spasms but I Didnt have a conclusive answer as far as joint and bone pain. Thanks in advance!

I know since i started smoking herbs my Arthritis in my hip has gone away ... i noticed that my inflamation went down from a few days of hurt per week to a few per Year!!!
Note that i have a genetic predisposition towards degeneration of the cartilage in hip joints resulting in bone hitting bone which causes the Arthritis and deposits of sharp bone deformations on the edge of the bowl where the the femurhead sits.
I give this description because a lot of disorders fall under the name arthritis ...
spiking joints with CBD oil will for sure help ... Autos tend to have more elevated lvls of CBD given by its Ruderalis heritage

I know since i started smoking herbs my Arthritis in my hip has gone away ... i noticed that my inflamation went down from a few days of hurt per week to a few per Year!!!

That's great news on the arthritis! The question is does topical application THC help alleviate arthritis pain, as many people can't or don't want to have THC in their systems. The answer is I don't know but there is anecdotal evidence that it does help. I don't understand why it would since the THC isn't absorbed into the joint. It may help mask the transmission of pain signals though.

No one commenting on the actual harvest or the grow?

the base of any ointment is a fatty substance that slowly gets absorbed in the skin ... any solvents in that fatty substance travels along with it into the skin and from there difuse towards the areas around the area of application... it does mean that THC will make its way into the body ... !! and will result in detectable metabolites if used regularly, unfortunally...

and the harvest is nice given the fact that bugs attacked the roots early on ... ( tbh i didnt know that and it does explain the smaller plants) but the buds youve got look really dense and juicy hehe and im sure your larf will be more potent then you believe because there is no penetrator better then sunlight ...
also when ye untrain a auto you will get one massive huge central buds and the satellites will be about 1/4 to 1/5 its size .... My blue dream auto in soil yielded 85g that way with deficiencies and bugs plagued the grow ... i wonder what it will do in coco and plague free ....? ;)

hey shed read this:

Transcutaneous
Another route of cannabinoid exposure that avoids first-pass metabolism and improves THC bioavailability is topical administration [43]. Cannabinoids are highly hydrophobic, making transport across the aqueous layer of the skin the rate-limiting step in the diffusion process [44][45]. In vitro diffusion studies may underestimate in vivo transdermal flux [43]. After application of a dermal patch, mean steady-state plasma concentration of Δ8-THC was 4.4 ng/ml within 1.4 h, and was maintained for at least 48 h. Permeabilities of CBD and CBN were found to be 10-fold higher than for Δ8-THC. In vivo studies of transdermal drug delivery in guinea pigs noted the presence of significant amounts of plasma metabolites after topical application of THC [46]. Additional research is planned with combinations of cannabinoids in EtOH to increase drug absorption.

I thought I had read that THC from topicals doesn't show up in urine tests unless you're using it on the inside of the wrists where the veins are right at the skin. Either way anyone with arthritis should try this oil. Even if it doesn't work on that it works on so many other things it's worth having around. It gets used constantly in my house.

Here's an idea of what the larf looked like. It was pale yellow and most of it was pretty fluffy.

20180113_103528cr.jpg

I'm not unhappy with any of this grow though, as I have a lot of bud in jars still and I do need harvest for oil. Just not sure of the ripeness or THC content of the trim.

Thanks Pt! I haven't got time to go through the whole article now but I'll read it at work tomorrow. I can't believe that this was 2007 and nothing new has been done for the last 10 years. It's a crying shame!

Keep in mind that they were using transdermal patches, what are known to transmit THC into the bloodstream. Different from the topical oils we're making here.

SweetSue says that CBD oil isn't effective in topicals because it is not fast acting like THC. CBD is for internal use.

That said, I have found the oil helpful for toe arthritis (which is very close to the surface of the skin), migraines, hives, bites, tendonitis, and lower back pain. The stronger you make it the better it is so don't skimp on the bud/oil ratio! You'll have plenty of harvest so make a small batch (say 4 ounces) and give it a try. I think it was Oldbear who posted a spreadsheet to calculate oil strength on the Holy Grail Decarb page (search spreadsheet). That will give you an idea how strong yours will be. Mine is around 10mg/ml I think but only because I needed to add more oil than I had planned (in order to cover the buds). I was aiming for 15mg/ml. If you grind the bud you can use less oil to cover it.
Did you just say I will have 4 ounces to make it with? Wow. Thanks I sure hope I have that kind of trim and larf to play with!

It does get hard to read through journals with a bunch of quoted pictures, especially when using the app on a phone ..
My me version luckily DOSENT show all of the quote but now has a "show more" option.... it's the best thing they've done as far as the upgrade for sure!

I'll bet my entire bank account rooster comes and quotes the original post just because you said not too....

I'm not sure he follows this grow ;)
Oh just the clones? Hey shed... GREAT GROW! The nugs are super plump. Should make for some nice family meds .

Hey Shed,
I too grew (what I thought was) a Auto Blueberry. Been lurking and picked up a lot of great data from you and your detailed log. I especially appreciate your thoughts about the grow at the end - a summary of lessons learned. Thanks for doing this log. I look forward to following your next grow.
Felipe

Hey Felipe! Glad I had some good info for you. Not sure if you read through some of my first grow (my first two auto blueberries) but there was a lot of info there too.

My current grow is three photo plants (two clones and one from seed) so if you're interested in watching my first time with photos you can join us in progress here:
InTheShed Grows Photos Inside & Out! 420 Clones & A Rooster Farms Seed

Only thing left here is drying and jarring :) If you have a journal, post a link in this thread!

:welcome:

I found and enjoyed reading your first grow when I started my first grow in 25 years. I thought I was growing a blueberry, but it never really turned bluish, smelled more like skunk/thai, and has a def sativa high. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining! I’m enjoying it very much, but it isn’t a blueberry. Maybe a Jack Herer? BTW, the seed was not from 420.

Anyway, haven’t started a journal yet. Probably my second grow, which just started. Gotta get off my ass...

Felipe

I found and enjoyed reading your first grow when I started my first grow in 25 years. I thought I was growing a blueberry, but it never really turned bluish, smelled more like skunk/thai, and has a def sativa high. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining! I’m enjoying it very much, but it isn’t a blueberry. Maybe a Jack Herer? BTW, the seed was not from 420.
Anyway, haven’t started a journal yet. Probably my second grow, which just started. Gotta get off my ass...
Felipe

Even from 420 the blueberries all seem different. My first and my second smelled completely different (the first like diesel and the second like blueberries), Moonshine17 grew two at the same time and they looked completely different from each other, and HappyHouse is growing two that look nothing like mine or Moonshine's. No consistency in that strain even from the same breeder!

When you post a journal let me know. In the meantime, follow my photo grow and chime in whenever the mood strikes! Welcome back to growing :).

Thanks for the info on the variability of the blueberry strain. Mine was so far off, nobody would have imagined it was blueberry . It was supposed to be Dutch Passion.
Well, I started a journal. Could you share how I can put a link to it in your thread?
Felipe

Back
Top Bottom