Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Any gardening center/hardware store should have diatomaceous earth. Get the food grade stuff and not the stuff used for pools. Rour tablespoons of DE per gallon of water. Shake before every spray because it doesn't dissolve.

Also, spray up from the bottom because the underside of the leaves is where the bugs are :).

Yeah I remember where those duckers live

Nah, you should be good. Your RH is under control and with the fans moving everything around I don't think you'll have a problem.

Agree as long as humidity is low you should have to worry about mold specially if you can defoil lightly after stretching .

I read removing fans can help lower humidity as well

f2739c83f15b325e653d5ed3351037ec.jpg

Agree as long as humidity is low you should have to worry about mold specially if you can defoil lightly after stretching .
I read removing fans can help lower humidity as well

The leaves create moisture through transpiration. The trade-off is that fewer fans means less plant to produce the sugars needed for the buds. If you can lower RH some other way you'll be better off. I think Bign has cleared a lot of the underbrush out in his tent where there's no light penetration.

I hate bugs............... Hey Shed look into 'green cleaner by Old Stage'. If I had to spray buds with something,, that's what I wood use. It won't leave alot of residue oil on the buds. Kind of costy but the shit works.. And it will kill off any PM spores that might be lurking waiting to germinate.

GL and Keepem Green

The leaves create moisture through transpiration. The trade-off is that fewer fans means less plant to produce the sugars needed for the buds. If you can lower RH some other way you'll be better off. I think Bign has cleared a lot of the underbrush out in his tent where there's no light penetration.

I know just worry about lack of air movement through it ya know .

Tis all good bro.

I'll still be crossing my fingers but I trust you .
Always trust in the shed! #Gratefulshed
#sheducated #shedsomeknowledge
.... I can keep going?

I hears ya but he said three canopy fans so that's gotta be a lot of shakin'!
Always wann keep the tips moving light + air = bug buds. They look for light and wind to catch pollen.

Never heard that theory! Might be a bit late in this grow but I think I need to re-angle my fan :)
Yeah I mean your outdoor but it's still applicable. The light part is obvious, that's why we LST and defol to be light to the bud sites ( and for apical reasons ). But the airflow is key also. A plant that is unpollinated continues through flower to try and catch said pollen. Light tells the bud that it is in a prime spot to do so. Well so does a breeze. The plant notices these stimuli and send hormones to fatten the buds that it thinks have the best chance to catch pollen. Which are the hightest tips, the ones in the open (receiving direct light), and those with good airflow (air carries the pollen right?)

Idk all kind of obvious but I watched a neat video that explained it all. Makes sense to me. Sometimes the easiest way to boost yield is the most obvious.

Yeah I mean your outdoor but it's still applicable. The light part is obvious, that's why we LST and defol to be light to the bud sites ( and for apical reasons ). But the airflow is key also. A plant that is unpollinated continues through flower to try and catch said pollen. Light tells the bud that it is in a prime spot to do so. Well so does a breeze. The plant notices these stimuli and send hormones to fatten the buds that it thinks have the best chance to catch pollen. Which are the hightest tips, the ones in the open (receiving direct light), and those with good airflow (air carries the pollen right?)

Idk all kind of obvious but I watched a neat video that explained it all. Makes sense to me. Sometimes the easiest way to boost yield is the most obvious.

Well how about a link, I'd like to Mad Dab in your knowledge!

Sugar water? Would molasses foliar help ease that trade off you think guys?

I think it's more just finding a happy medium moon. So like taking some leaves, but not too many as to decrease the herbs potentcy

Spraying sugar on your plant is not a good idea, nor would it be remotely related to the leaves converting light to the sugars for bud development.

I think it's more just finding a happy medium moon. So like taking some leaves, but not too many as to decrease the herbs potentcy

Right, leave on as many fan leaves as you can. "Can" meaning as long as they are not causing some other issue that would hinder plant development (blocked airflow, shade if they can't be tucked).

The nuclear button? That's a chance you may or may not be willing to take.

to bad certain leaders see it as a "I win"-button instead of a "I blow up my enemy and half the world with it" - button, and by certain leaders i mean actually just one "leader"....

that dude gets me so cynical and i truly feel sorry for the people that have to deal with him on a daily basis.

heh sry had to get that of my chest ;)

Among other things! Veritable entomologist's dream under those leaves :). Ahh growing in the great outdoors...
Lol brings me back to the fans XD

I have 2 above canopy, 1 oscillates and then 1 below the canopy pointing up

Mostly to avoid bugs but back to that MadDabber, that theory kinda makes sense n I definitely have tons of frost right under the fans, tho that doesn't seem to be the only place .

Back
Top Bottom