Growing In High Temps, Bad Soil & Small Containers

BamSam

420 Member
Hello everyone hope you all enjoy this experiment.

I have a small 2 x 1.4 feet closet that I wasn't using so thought it will be perfect for an experiment.
I am going to be growing from seed to harvest at around 35 to 37 C/ 95 to 98 F using heavy clay soil that I found in the street, it is very bad with draining water also will not let any runoff when I water with nutrients or plan water. I also will be using small containers to see if or when they start showing signs of root bound. growing 2 plants in 2 gallon pots, 3 plants in 1.5 gallon pots, 2 plants in 3 liter pots and 7 plants in 1.5 liter pots. will be using 600w hps dimmed down to 400w from start to finish.

I know cannabis plants are tough but want to see how far I can push them without harming them in a very bad way and still get a decent yield (hopefully) Than compare the results with my next grow with the same number of plant in same size containers but grown in good soil and ideal temperature.

this experiment is in response to all the threads that made me way to nervous and scared when I first stated growing and bought way to many unnecessary things and wasted a lot of money. don't get me wrong I know growing them this way will effect the overall health and yield of the plants but I want to see the difference in growth and yield for myself.

I will be using seeds that I made by selfing Hulkberry and used its pollen to pollinate others.
the strains I will be using is-
Hulkberry x Hulkberry - Hulkberry from Royal Queen Seeds
Banana sherbet x Hulkberry - Banana Sherbet from Growers Choice
sativa Landrace x Hulkberry - Landrace from South Asia somewhere seeds given to me by a friend.
week 1.jpg
week 2.jpg
week 3.jpg
week 4.jpg
week 5.jpg

I'm in mate this looks awesome! Great experiment. I always hope my plants do well, but I enjoy not caring that much if they do or don't also!

this experiment is in response to all the threads that made me way to nervous and scared when I first stated growing and bought way to many unnecessary things and wasted a lot of money.

I read so much of this, good on ya for pointing it out! Lucky for me I'm extra super cheap, I took what I read and applied it to a really inexpensive setup right off the bat, worked fine. Never paid for weed since. CHeers @BamSam good luck!:yahoo:

I read so much of this, good on ya for pointing it out! Lucky for me I'm extra super cheap, I took what I read and applied it to a really inexpensive setup right off the bat, worked fine. Never paid for weed since. CHeers @BamSam good luck!:yahoo:

thanks a lot I wish I did the same.

Just keep an eye out for hermies with the stress obviously...look good for the extreme enviroment. How old are they?

I m also worried about Hermies but I think they will be fine. 2 years bak I went to Egypt to visit a friend he took me to a outdoor grow, they were growing mostly sativa dominant strains and few Indica hybrids. those guys have been growing without a problem with their temps averaging around 40 C in summer and they were also using heavy red clay soil with great results. not the best looking plants but better than most indoor grows I have seen.

they are 5 weeks old. its just been 6 days since the 12/12 flip.

You brilliant human. I'm in.

Awesome experiment!
I think the high temp will be ok in veg, but in flower it'll make buds of very low quality. The buds will foxtail like crazy and most likely be very low in THC. I see this happens in my grows as soon as temps reach 29-30 C.

They'll grow in jus about anything....the problem will be the final product. Still in all....will end up with smokeable flower.
Well to be honest I am not expecting AAA grade buds from this, just want to see for myself is the final product really that bad when grown in extreme environment if so than how bad compared to the ones grown in ideal conditions. hope everything goes according to plan.

Well to be honest I am not expecting AAA grade buds from this, just want to see for myself is the final product really that bad when grown in extreme environment if so than how bad compared to the ones grown in ideal conditions. hope everything goes according to plan.
Yea I hear ya. Experiments are always fun to run. Here to follow along though.

Back
Top Bottom