H00ks Hillbilly Grow - Girlz 2016

hey there h00k can't wait to watch these babies grow and mature im sure the end results will be great, how long have you been growing btw?

...Thanks and welcome to my journal...5 years...one au natural in the green house...and 4 under lights...and still low tech as you can see...lolool...cheerz...h00k...

There is always a risk of contaminating a grow room with pests if a plant is brought from outdoors indoors.

I hope it was only something as simple as slugs dining on your plants :)

What does the pest damage look like?

GreenFingers

...Funny you should say that GF...been having some slugs getting under the sill of my basement garden door...but no sign of them in the girlz room in the shed...gonna go see my friends at one the pools and score a bag of DE

...plants usually are only outside for an hour or so while I werk in the shed...however not to rule anything out...it's possible...I still can't find a sign of anything, but every one got a pyrethrin misting a while ago...switched out my 14 watt LED bulbs with 23 watt flouro's to get the temps up a bit...weather is still less than desirable...Date:
4:08 PM EDT Wednesday 1 June 2016

Condition:
Mostly Cloudy
Pressure:
100.8 kPa
Tendency:
falling
Visibility:
16 km

Temperature:
13.9°C
Dewpoint:
12.0°C
Humidity:
88%
Wind:
ENE 21 km/h ...

Found my light meter when I was rummaging thru one of my tool boxes...getting lux readings of 11 to 13 thousand at the top lower/taller girlz...

P10508472.JPG

P10508462.JPG

also a few close ups of leaf damage...

P10508431.JPG

P10508452.JPG

P10508443.JPG

...so thats about it for now...Cheerz!...h00k...

Update time...weather is still crappy...humidity is better...been able to get it into the 40's during the day...cold is still an issue...switching the LED to flouro's helped...bout 78F during the day...last night had to fire up a lil heater because of another cold snap...forecast for 36F tonight!...Damn!...come on summer!!...

...last watering was last thursday...but only 4 of the girlz were thirsty today...only gave them a short drink as I want them to sync with the others...next watering will include some nutes...they've only had one feeding a couple weeks ago...

...gave all the girlz a second pyrethrin misting today...seems whatever pest prob I had is under control...existing problem seems stopped and new growth is normal...gonna be watchful...

...have 3 distinct growth styles...Krippling and Heavyweight are typical indicas...medium height(I'm really liking their structure at this point...lots of nice bud sites with with minimal shading...the White shark is quite squat...seems to be concentrating all energy at new growth at center of plant...Tangerine dream is a tall girl...prolly gonna give me some stress after the flip(damn teenagers)...lolool...

...without further wait...a few pics...

...temp/humidity shot...temp was higher, but door was open for awhile...

P10508522.JPG

...Girlz outside...krippling... heavyweight on the right...Shark in the middle...Dream on the right...
P10508492.JPG

...girlz inside...

P10508542.JPG

...a lil heat damage lower right from heater last night...my fault...DOH!...

P10508533.JPG

...So I won 50 bucks on a scratch ticket a couple weeks back and was perusing Amazon...came across a LED grow bulb from China...28 watts...5 bucks a pop...bought 10...almost free money spent...threw 4 into the mix today...can see the light difference on some big fan leaves...we'll see...hard to tell if they may make any difference...prolly fire a couple up in a dark room by themselves to get a better idea of output...

P10508511.JPG

...Thats it for now...Cheerz...h00k...

So I was playing with the little LED bulbs yesterday...in the basement where I start my seedlings...first shot is a single bulb hanging straight at 12 inches above surface...
P10508572.JPG

...LUX reading...
P10508612.JPG

second shot is two bulbs in a reflector...didn't have an extension and these bulbs are so short they were shining on the reflector...
P10508583.JPG

...Lux reading...
P10508603.JPG

...don't think they will have any impact out in the shed given the nature of my set up...I think they might work as a cheap LED alternative in a small closet style application though...like I said...5 bucks CAD and less than 2 weeks from Hong Kong...Cheerz...h00k...

...Examples
Illuminance Surfaces illuminated by:
0.0001 lux Moonless, overcast night sky (starlight)[3]
0.002 lux Moonless clear night sky with airglow[3]
0.27–1.0 lux Full moon on a clear night[3][4]
3.4 lux Dark limit of civil twilight under a clear sky[5]
50 lux Family living room lights (Australia, 1998)[6]
80 lux Office building hallway/toilet lighting[7][8]
100 lux Very dark overcast day[3]
320–500 lux Office lighting[6][9][10][11]
400 lux Sunrise or sunset on a clear day.
1000 lux Overcast day;[3] typical TV studio lighting
10000–25000 lux Full daylight (not direct sun)[3]
32000–100000 lux Direct sunlight

The struggle is real...5 p.m. ,,,middle of June...Fooook...lolool...h00k...

Condition:
Light Rain
Pressure:
101.1 kPa
Tendency:
falling
Visibility:
16 km

Temperature:
10.0°C
Dewpoint:
9.6°C
Humidity:
97%
Wind:
ENE 22 gust 33 km/h ...

...heating up tomorrow(28C!!)...did I mention I hate roller coasters!!...lolool...

So...actually put together two pretty nice days in a row...another 27C today...had half the girlz out to clean and maintenance...ended up giving all of them a haircut...partly to open up...and mainly cause' my last pyrethrin spray did some some damage to leaves...not sure if it was my strength of mixture...but they looked worse after treatment than before...I suspected spider mites...so admittedly...I went a lil heavy...they'll be fine...and they could have really used a thinning anyway...I would have liked to put up some pics, but camera battery needed charging and grandson was coming out, so everyone had to get put away...will have some pics of progress after the weekend...been a juggling act with booster seats trying to even out canopy height...funny how same strain plants can vary under same conditions...7 1/2 weeks since sprouts hit dirt...will prolly flip in 2 weeks...be nice to get the stretch going and getting the lights up...all this crawling is playing hell with one of my knee's...lolool...Cheerz!...catch Ya'll early next week...h00k...

Greetings from the GWN...update time...did a cal/mag and big bloom feeding on the weekend and raised the lights some...not all the girlz were thirsty today so a straight water feeding will wait till Wed/Thurs...Took all the girlz outside today to vacuum shed and rearrange some electrical...getting ready for the flip in prolly 2 weeks...raised the lights again...nice to not have to crawl anymore to get to the back...did some manicuring on the girlz as well...some thinning for better light and removing damaged leaves...put in stakes for when the time comes when they need some direction or support...So...all in all things are going pretty well...weather could be better...but it is what it is...so now a few pics...

...A couple shots of all the girlz outside...

P10508632.JPG

P10508652.JPG

...a couple shots of the leaves I damaged(prolley a combo of solution strength and being wet under the lights)

P10508672.JPG

P10508642.JPG

...The girlz back inside...

P10508681.JPG

P10508691.JPG

P10508701.JPG

...finally...a temp/humidity shot...don't know WTF that 102F came from...never seen it above 84F!??...door's been open all day to get the humidity down, so the temps a little low...usually bout' 74 on a day like today...
Condition:
Mostly Cloudy
Pressure:
29.8 inches
Tendency:
falling
Visibility:
20 miles

Temperature:
67.6°F
Dewpoint:
44.1°F
Humidity:
42%
Wind:
WNW 16 gust 26 mph

P10508711.JPG

...Thats about it for now...Thanks for stopping by!...Cheerz...h00k...

Put this in the FAQ...but...gonna put it here as well...Finally got some neem oil...I can't remember reading about dosage...Mine is cold pressed virgin organic, but no instructions included...could someone give a ratio amount for a one quart spray bottle...and is adding dish soap required/advised?...want to use it some plants in the veggie garden...Gracias!...h00k...

didn't take pic's today...butt...had half the girlz outside as usual...lil trim for all...fed some FF Grow Big and FF Big Bloom...Jury's still out over the difference between designer nutes and MG off the shelf...swapped out the high Kelvin lights with 2700K bulbs...prolly flip July 1 st...might send out out a Tangerine Dream for adoption...will see how the stretch goes...that will also determine when I raise the main light source and fire up my 70 watt X 6 HPS wall packs...Thanks Ya'll...CHEERZ!...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom