H00ks Hillbilly Grow - Girlz 2016

Nice little grow you got started up there. Kind of looks like plants got sprayed in the sun for the damage? My Old Lady sprays off the patio and some always frys acouple leaves. They grow out of it. And the 'bug' damage? Was that the first set of leaves after a topping? I know I bugger up acouple sets every now and then. GL with the T-Dream. I live in a area you gotta be able to get them in 1st of Oct. I tried it twice here and the mildew eat it up. Besides she wood've never made in in here. GL and Keepem Green

Welcome Norcal...was prolly a combination of pyrethrin strength and sun/lights that did the damage...I know what Yer sayin' bout the leaves and topping, but I had other telltale signs on other leaves...I'm convinced I had mites...seeems to be all good now...even sprayed the veggie garden with a neem mix...I have 3 dreams, and one is head and shoulders above everyone else...With booster seats have been able to the canopy fairly equal...not sure I wanna deal with one super stretcher...could use the little bit of extra space as well!...lolool...I always tend to overdo the plant to space ratio...old habits die hard!...lolool...may put up a couple pics later today...will be flipping to 12/12 today...cheerz!...h00k...

So...today is officially the flip to 12/12...got six of seven HPS fired up this morning...didn't have time to get to the last one...grandson was coming out...lites will be out at 8 p.m. instead of 2 a.m....

...at 6 a.m. humidity/temp in town was 99% and 9C...at 10:00 a.m....here it was...
P10508742.JPG
...by noonish it was 75F in the shade on the back deck...
P10508802.JPG
....time to go fishin' fer a couple hours...2 hours of trolling fer salmon only produced a 7# lake trout...cleaned it down by the shore...brought in about 40 gulls within 5 minutes...how do they know!??...lolool...
P10508772.JPG
(sorry Mod's...couldn't resist)...

...temp/humidity improved a lot while we were out...wish I could maintain these values without mechanical means..

P10508781.JPG

...couple shots inside with the HPS on...noticeable color change...

P10508791.JPG

P10508721.JPG

...girlz got straight water today as well...usually I rest it a day or two...butt...right out of the hose today...

...This lil' girl is the runt...Great White Shark...picture doesn't to her justice...but she is quite bushy...tho' quite short...if I treat her nice...hopefully she will stretch nicely...

P10508731.JPG

...Thats about it for today...prolly update again midweek or so...before we go on a walleye weekend...Cheerz!!...h00k...

...depri...hadn't heard that before bout' the long legs...Lord knows I have them...and just about every species of arachnid known to Man!!...lolool...Years ago when I was cruising on my bigger boat...ran into an entomologist who was studying spiders in my area ...apparently...we have a distinction of carrying a vast variety of spiders...not sure which ones are good...bad... or just ugly...would prolly go with ladybugs if it came down to a bug rumble!?...lolool...cheerz...h00k...

Where does a hillbillie find salmon?? JK Wish I was up to going fishing again. My feet are thrashed from nerve damage from a motorcycle wreck bout 30 years back. I sure miss it. Have a good 4th Keepem Green

...hahaha...I find the salmon in the front yard and the deer in the backyard...and had a great "1st"...So fed the girlz today...one part grow big...two parts big bloom...and a few tablespoons each of epsom salt and hydrogen peroxide...everyones looking happy...trimmed them up some and that was about it...will give them a a watering late Friday or early Saturday before we go Walleye hunting for a couple daze...not much new in the pic's but here's a couple anyway...

...two in front are Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk and Strain Hunters Heavy Weight...behind is two Tangerine Dreams...they're definely the tallest of my harem...

P10508812.JPG

P10508822.JPG

...a couple shots inside...

P10508841.JPG

P10508832.JPG

...That will be it probably till next week, unless something unforseen happens...Cheerz...h00k...

Good afternoon...thought I might be inviting Ya'll fer some walleye fillets...butt...barely have enuff' to feed Missus h00k and myself...lolool...fishing was not so good!...pretty much 16 hours in the boat over 2 daze and only managed to come home with 1 limit of keepers(slot size...13 to 18 inches)...Oh Well...that's fishin'...

Anyways, the warm HUMID wet weather continues...humidity in the girlz house ranges from 60 to low 80's...I have 3 fans going and dialed up the scrubber a bit today...so at least I have good air movement...don't really want to add a dehummer...don't have enuff' space as it is!...I swear, next year...9(maybe 10...lolool) plants max!!

Everyone got fed today...1 part grow big...1 part Cal/Mag...2 parts big bloom...bout a gallon plus per pot...also did quite a bit of defoliation...both for air flow and light penetration...its been 13 days since the flip and not any real crazy stretch yet...just what I would call normal height growth...opened up the great white shark a fair bit and she has shown some height gain...

P10508981.JPG

...5 girl group shot outside...

P10508922.JPG

...Tangarine dream close up...

P10508942.JPG

...Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk...

P10508952.JPG

...Strain Hunters Heavyweight Dream...

P10508972.JPG

...another Dr. Krip...

P10508992.JPG

...Royal Queen Critical Kush...

P10509002.JPG

...another heavyweight dream...way taller and gangly than the other 2...not sure what's up with that...

P10509011.JPG

...That will about do it...nother' update next week...or sooner, if anything kewl or cruel happens Cheerz!...h00k...

Afternoon folks...3 weeks since the flip and things are sailing smoothly...humidity has still been high...might go by my old work and see if they still have a little residential unit we used to use in small areas...Flippin' HOT now...32C...40C with humidex...environment in the girlz room right now is 34C and 58%RH...good for now...but would like to see less swing in conditions...anyways, its all good so far...girlz starting to stretch some now...still on booster seats, but will be able to start lowering them soon...except GWS...although she is showing some height, she will be on a pedestal till she's a full grown woman...just a few indoor shots...too hot to play much outside...wanted to finish putting log siding on one of the out buildings...but more or less took the day off(funny saying that when Yer retired!...lolool) ...so...the pics...nothing special...

...Tangerine dream up close...
P10509052.JPG

...Great White Shark...
P10508981.JPG

...room shots...

P10509041.JPG

P10509072.JPG

P10509082.JPG

Cheerz...h00k...

Thanks dirt!...as much as my hillbilly style fulfills our needs...I may upgrade to better lighting next season...we'll see(I'm a cheap SOB...lolool)...really liking what the Brix guy's are doing as well...but not sure if that's viable for a once a year grow...cheerz...h00k...

Good afternoon!...another beautiful hot muggy day...was gonna start siding the girlz shed...Too Hot...Pocono race and a cold one sounded much better...lolool..
Was feeding day...2 parts grow big...3 parts big bloom...and a few teaspoons of epsom salts...had 5 girlz outside as per normal, when a police boat went cruising by...Yikes...more interested in long weekend boating safety than some ole fart tending his "tomatoes"...lolool...
Girlz are doing well...although I didn't get the stretch I thought I would...the bulks and heavyweights, despite only being slightly over 30 inches are producing some nice cola's...as is what I now call mystery girl...she came with the tangerine dreams but is totally different in both plant and leaf structure...the rest of the girlz are average size and a lil behind in bud deveopment...the GWS is still only 16 inches tall but is developing some potential...so, a few pics...

...first off...mystery girl and a bulk...
P10509141.JPG

...heavyweight...
P10509211.JPG

...close up heavyweight...
P10509151.JPG

...close up bulk...
P10509252.JPG

...great white shark...
P10509222.JPG

...tangerine in foreground...MG a bit back...
P10509161.JPG

...rest of the girlz inside...
P10509232.JPG

P10509241.JPG

Hope everyone is enjoying summer...have a great week!!...Cheerz!...h00k...

So...no pics for this update...pretty much the same as last update...lil' more sugar and a lil' fatter...had the girlz outside fer a bit...shave their legs and a feeding...heat and humidity has backed off a bit...did find an ole skool dehummer...werks like a damn...sucks a lot of water out of the shed...butt...throws out a lot of heat...too much for daytime use...overnight werks good...can pull RH down to 43%...gonna put it on a timer for the next few days...nother' fishing trip...either hook up a hose or get wife( I'm leaving her home this time...male bonding trip...lol) to drain reservoir...I've never really been concerned about humidity...but using a hygrometer for the first time, was quite surprised to see the levels...I still believe good air flow can trump RH...but to err on the side of caution...added the dehummer...I do have four 9 inch fans blowing up from floor and 1 oscillating tower fan blowing mid plant to canopy...plus the scrubber and bathroom exhaust fan
things seem to be on schedule I had in my mind...looking at the end of this month, which would be 9 weeks in flower...a few could be longer...which is fine...can always use a break during harvest!...lolool......dirt, spitz...and anyone lurking...have an excellent week!!...Cheerz...h00k...

Sweet view, oh and the water too. Not sure where you are, but it looks fantastic. Makes me wanna grab the fishing rods. Keepem Green

Ever think about sneaking a few autos in at the start? I like sneaking autos in when one plans on vegging for 60ish days. Just curious... Looks good hook!

my current autos are on day 81 and still have like 2 to 3 weeks more to go because of all lst and I topped them. the only one I did not top is the only that actually looks ready the most shortest and least yielding of the 3. I sugguest top all autos but early. u will not regret and never look back.

Back
Top Bottom