Hash Fart's Trying His First Auto

Well here they are so far. ......... The helmet head plant looks different
IMG_20200222_073538.jpg
IMG_20200222_073535.jpg
IMG_20200222_073530.jpg
Quite the stretch on her. Make sure you’ve got a fan in the area to help strengthen that stem. If not, she will get top heavy and fall over. You can also combat that if it tips over by taking a twist tie, sticking one side in the dirt and wrap the other side around the stem half way up. If it’s a strong lil plant, then no need for doing so. You can also cover some of the stem up with soil when you transplant into the next pot.

looks nice and healthy though! :thumb:

Quite the stretch on her. Make sure you’ve got a fan in the area to help strengthen that stem. If not, she will get top heavy and fall over. You can also combat that if it tips over by taking a twist tie, sticking one side in the dirt and wrap the other side around the stem half way up. If it’s a strong lil plant, then no need for doing so. You can also cover some of the stem up with soil when you transplant into the next pot.

looks nice and healthy though! :thumb:
Yes one seems like the stem isn't strong enough for the weight of the leaves i call her gertrude and helmet head seems to be going strong the other seems to be fine , if I lower my mini desk fan will she be able to handle the wind

You don’t want major winds, but enough to give her a gentle breeze. Oscillating fans are ideal because then it’s not blowing on it constantly, giving it more of a gentle summer breeze kind of a flow. If it’s straight at it it could also produce wind burn. The fan I have in my tent/box aren’t oscillating fans either. So don’t go out of your way to buy one I’m just saying brother. If you lower it, just look at the plant. Make sure she’s not in danger, just point the fan beside the plant and that should be enough. You just wanna be able to see that plant dancing around a bit.

don’t stress about the spots. If they progress then we may have to worry about it. But it’s still too early to fret about it :thumb:

Sorry for all the questions but is this product safe to use I wanted to buy the brand calmag but they had this ............ And also I got this weird looking crack powder that is for rooting called White widow in my Humboldt mini kit
IMG_20200222_091109.jpg
IMG_20200222_091031.jpg
If you look at my video I posted last night in an update. You will see a bunch of liquid nutes under my grow box. They are those brand of nutes. I have everything except the calnesium. Because I bought sensi cal mag extra online. That’s an awesome line of nutrients to use. I would still be using them except I switched to mega crop to try it out.

the lil baggie of coke you got, should be perfect for a rooting hormone when/if you try to clone some plants! :thumb:

You don’t want major winds, but enough to give her a gentle breeze. Oscillating fans are ideal because then it’s not blowing on it constantly, giving it more of a gentle summer breeze kind of a flow. If it’s straight at it it could also produce wind burn. The fan I have in my tent/box aren’t oscillating fans either. So don’t go out of your way to buy one I’m just saying brother. If you lower it, just look at the plant. Make sure she’s not in danger, just point the fan beside the plant and that should be enough. You just wanna be able to see that plant dancing around a bit.

don’t stress about the spots. If they progress then we may have to worry about it. But it’s still too early to fret about it :thumb:
And is it safe to pour water I've been just spraying to water out of fear of the root rot and my mini fan I just tilted down slightly my tent is to small for a fancy fan and recieves some wind from my honey well intake
IMG_20200222_091902.jpg

If you look at my video I posted last night in an update. You will see a bunch of liquid nutes under my grow box. They are those brand of nutes. I have everything except the calnesium. Because I bought sensi cal mag extra online. That’s an awesome line of nutrients to use. I would still be using them except I switched to mega crop to try it out.

the lil baggie of coke you got, should be perfect for a rooting hormone when/if you try to clone some plants! :thumb:
Where can I find this video

Hi hash, there looken good my friend, u could control the stretch by raising the
plant or lowering the light a little. The weird leaves on helmet head is
because of the helmet and should grow out normal, no worries.... :nomo: your
grow could get out of hand quickly so is topping & lst is going to b part of the plan?
I’ve grown sum big autos in small quarters doing this. I’ll send y a pic. As a example.

Attachments

• 012FBAC9-8683-4269-9588-7A31E05AF6A9.jpeg
    012FBAC9-8683-4269-9588-7A31E05AF6A9.jpeg
    619.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi hash, there looken good my friend, u could control the stretch by raising the
plant or lowering the light a little. The weird leaves on helmet head is
because of the helmet and should grow out normal, no worries.... :nomo: your
grow could get out of hand quickly so is topping & lst is going to b part of the plan?
I’ve grown sum big autos in small quarters doing this. I’ll send y a pic. As a example.
That is fire bud! Hell yeah brother! And I haven't decided if I should top or LST , what do you think is the best course of action considering im so new? And I'll take your advice and lower the light a couple inches

With autos it’s all about how fast and well that there growing as to how fast u can
do any manipulation without stunting them. If u can top them at the fifth or sixth
node within a 14-18 day window from when they popped, I’ve streach it out a bit longer....but not much,,they need time to recover. And most start to flower in about a month to six weeks from germination so speed is dependent on conditions
ie. Lights, temps. Rh, air exchange and how long lights are on for.
the best yield comes from 24/7 lighting with autos no surprise it’s also the
most expensive. ( see electric bill ) over time I’ve found a sort of a sweet spot
at 18/6 I’m growing photos all well in the same place and so far so good. Lol

With autos it’s all about how fast and well that there growing as to how fast u can
do any manipulation without stunting them. If u can top them at the fifth or sixth
node within a 14-18 day window from when they popped, I’ve streach it out a bit longer....but not much,,they need time to recover. And most start to flower in about a month to six weeks from germination so speed is dependent on conditions
ie. Lights, temps. Rh, air exchange and how long lights are on for.
the best yield comes from 24/7 lighting with autos no surprise it’s also the
most expensive. ( see electric bill ) over time I’ve found a sort of a sweet spot
at 18/6 I’m growing photos all well in the same place and so far so good. Lol
I might leave them , then and go to an 18 6 and start a photo I recieved a seed called Nukem kush but in not sure if I have enough space for another pot in my tent

Rotation is key, autos take 3 months to grow out. Approximately so I wouldn’t start
a photo till At least 6 weeks later than the autos. Once autos are harvested she’s
be the queen Of the tent.
unless more seeds are planted. This could become a habit u know. Ha, ha, ha
I've grown out 2 sets of autos for each Of my latest photo grows. nuke um kush.
sounds like fun.

And is it safe to pour water I've been just spraying to water out of fear of the root rot and my mini fan I just tilted down slightly my tent is to small for a fancy fan and recieves some wind from my honey well intake
IMG_20200222_091902.jpg
Yes you can get away with pouring water in the pot. It’s best to have a bit of a shower head on the end to displace the water more evenly though. My small watering can doesn’t and I usually use that until they get into their 5 gal pots.

the video is in my Backlip is back journal located second down from the top in my signature.

I also store my seeds in the veggie crisper.

Do you think I could get away with another pot dickofdonkey
I think you could, fartofhash :laugh:
I note Bud’s caution with rotation though. You’ll be vegging whatever photoperiods you plant until your autos are done. I say the sooner the better, get’em in there. The bigger they get before flipping to 12/12, the bigger the yield.
My seeds are in the dairy hood in the door of my fridge.

Yes, u can veg your photos at 18/6 but if u can’t fit in the tent, Than staggering the grow is one way around it. that plant that I just topped northern lights auto the other day and her sister are under 12/12 lighting because I’m flowering out my
photos, I will change back to 18/6 after photo harvest. :passitleft: Soon.
timing is a bit trickier when growing both. I luv a challenge, and it has worked for
me as long...... as I don’t f up, grower luv

Back
Top Bottom