Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

Hash Hound,
You've been very kind to me as a new member and I appreciate the way you've welcomed me on this board.

Your plants look great! I love their look and I'm going to be following your thread. I probably won't post for a while because I'm learning about high brix and don't have much info to offer at this time. Thanks for inviting me to view your thread.

Glad to have you aboard Cornchi.

I know it is hard to follow so many journals in here and I am humbled when people find mine interesting enough to stop by.

I have been having trouble lately keeping up with all the kool ones I try following.

I am a very poor reader. And my permanent record card at my high school said that. I actually got to see it a few years ago.

Doc,

I checked on the plants today and they were a bit droopy.

They were transplanted 3 days ago.

The bags were fairly light, so I gave them a soaking and foliared with Stress.

If they don't perk up tomorrow, should they get another foliar of Stress?

There's something fishy about that stuff :laughtwo:

Doc,

I checked on the plants today and they were a bit droopy.

They were transplanted 3 days ago.

The bags were fairly light, so I gave them a soaking and foliared with Stress.

If they don't perk up tomorrow, should they get another foliar of Stress?

There's something fishy about that stuff :laughtwo:

They'll be OK. Did you score the roots? If not, if takes a few days for lateral branching to occur. But everything will catch up. Sometimes this happens when the plant was rootbound pretty bad. The roots are so happy to grow again the plant just sort of goes dormant while all kinds of root growth is going on.

Give it a couple days. In the meantime, spraying is helpful and so is keeping RH between 55 and 65.

Doc,

Yes I did score the side of the roots four times and the bottom also.

Sorry I forgot to mention that in transplant post.

Ah....scoring the bottom isn't such a good idea. It's not terrible....but those aren't the roots we want to hurt. Your plants will come back strong in a couple days. Let 'em dry out before the next watering, and from now on, just give 'em sips except for feeding.

It's all in the "In the Lab" thread.

I may have exaggerated a bit saying I soaked them.

And I may not have soaked them enough at the first water.

I normally water with a 5 gallon bucket of aerated water. So each plant got about 1 1/4 gallon in a 7 gallon bag.

Should I consider that much water a soaking? Nothing ever ran out of the bag.

That's how much they got the first watering plus the pint of transplant. Then yesterday same thing sans the pint.

And I really didn't cut the bottom roots, I just loosened them up a bit.

Sorry, as much time as it takes me to get my point across in print, you think I would be a little more accurate.

And I'm sure my last batch of brixationized buds have nothing to do with me being a little confuzzled lately. :loopy:

I may have exaggerated a bit saying I soaked them.

And I may not have soaked them enough at the first water.

I normally water with a 5 gallon bucket of aerated water. So each plant got about 1 1/4 gallon in a 7 gallon bag.

Should I consider that much water a soaking? Nothing ever ran out of the bag.

That's how much they got the first watering plus the pint of transplant. Then yesterday same thing sans the pint.

And I really didn't cut the bottom roots, I just loosened them up a bit.

Sorry, as much time as it takes me to get my point across in print, you think I would be a little more accurate.

And I'm sure my last batch of brixationized buds have nothing to do with me being a little confuzzled lately. :loopy:

If they're really wet, it's just going to take a bit of time. You'll see, they'll sort out very nicely.

It is 1 week since transplant. They got their first spray of BRIX.

The next watering is the 3rd. So I will feed them the ENERGY and TEA.

Question Doc, your instructions say;

Every third watering, use the following:

1. One half ounce (.5oz) of "Energy" in one gallon of water.
2. 2ml of "Tea." Add this to a small amount of water, like an 8oz cup and let it sit for a few minutes before pouring it into the gallon of "Energy."

The above mix is ample for the size of garden recommended. More is NOT BETTER!

The idea here is to take that gallon of feed water and evenly distribute it to each plant. If you use five gallon buckets, you'll need two of them, ½ gallon in each bucket, just make sure the gallon of feed water is evenly fed to all plants.

first, another division question;
since my grow is for a half batch. 4 plants
Should I reduce that .5 oz ENERGY to .25 oz? And the TEA from 2 ml to 1 ml?
I don't want to give them more than I am supposed to.

second,
If I am going to use a 5 gal bucket for the whole watering, is there a reason to mix the ENERGY/TEA in
a separate gallon and water with it separately from the regular 5 gals of water? Or can I just mix it in to
the 5 gal and distribute evenly?

The pics are a little off in color with the HPS, but you can get an idea of the overall look.

The healthiest is the WW which was the least root bound and I really didn't have to cut into any root ball. Maybe less of a shock to her
G11_WW_vg_1.jpg

PE still a bit droopy.
G11_PE_vg_1.jpg

Ds
G11_Ds_vg_1.jpg

MR
G11_MR_vg_1.jpg

second,
If I am going to use a 5 gal bucket for the whole watering, is there a reason to mix the ENERGY/TEA in
a separate gallon and water with it separately from the regular 5 gals of water? Or can I just mix it in to
the 5 gal and distribute evenly?

Can I have a little input on this one Doc?

the plants have recovered from the transplant and droopiness, but they aren't looking as healthy as I'd like them to be.

Here they are about an hour after getting a foliar of STRESS.

They will get their first feeding of ENERGY and TEA in a day or two.

room view
G11_room_vg_1_5d.jpg

WW
G11_WW_vg_1_5d.jpg

PE
G11_PE_vg_1_5d.jpg

Ds
G11_Ds_vg_1_5d.jpg

MR
G11_MR_vg_1_5d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom