Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

3 weeks since transplant and they have recovered nicely.

flipped 12/12 on Thursday.

Watered with ENERGY and TEA and foliar with BRIX.

A few tiny root hairs popping through the fabric pots here and there. None are more than and inch and seem to just shrivle up.

I like the handles on the pots. Makes it easy to take them out and inspect. I hope it's as easy when the plants are bigger.

best I could do with the HPS still on.
G11_room_vg_3.jpg
Right on Hash!!! Those look fantastic :) How does your partner feel about them now??

I still have a 37gal tub with the other half of the bale been cooking or dormant for 3 months now. Weather should be getting a bit warmer soon, I hope. Still snowing here.

Should I give it a gallon or two of something to give the crobes a kick start? Or a shot of Molasses?

Also your instructions say Snowstorm is ok.

The Snowstorm bottle says foliar is the most econimical way to use it.

Would it be ok to add a few drops to either the Stress or Brix or both? Or just add it when watering and feeding?

I still have a 37gal tub with the other half of the bale been cooking or dormant for 3 months now. Weather should be getting a bit warmer soon, I hope. Still snowing here.

Should I give it a gallon or two of something to give the crobes a kick start? Or a shot of Molasses?

Also your instructions say Snowstorm is ok.

The Snowstorm bottle says foliar is the most econimical way to use it.

Would it be ok to add a few drops to either the Stress or Brix or both? Or just add it when watering and feeding?

I would definitely foliar it....but do not mix it with the other sprays.

Doc

Now that my plants have recovered nicely, and they don't really look stressed, should I still spray 2x a week with the Stress? or should I alternate a Stress then a Brix?

Doc

Now that my plants have recovered nicely, and they don't really look stressed, should I still spray 2x a week with the Stress? or should I alternate a Stress then a Brix?

Only spray with stress if the plants aren't perfect. If they're really struggling, spray twice a week. If they're doing very well, but have a couple leaves here and there that aren't right, spray once a week. If everything is perfect, don't spray with Stress!

Definitely concentrate on Brix....weekly.

BTW, while I was really "stressing" with you when things didn't look good, in hindsight I'm thankful that your journal has demonstrated the need for letting the soil cook properly! I hope others saw that and learned as well.

I highly recommend that you give those plants a nice pruning, from the bottom up. Don't touch the tops.

Doc

I'm not so sure you should blame the soil not cooking properly.

Maybe I scored the roots improperly or something.

The White Widow, which I didn't have to score the rootball, suffered only slightly from transplant. And besides that the same soil was used for the seedlings and they were just fine until the transplant and all they had was the original feeding with the Transplant solution and the Root Zone powder. Maybe some of the blame should fall on my shoulders?

And am I confused or what, didn't this forum used to have spell check? Did I accidently turn it off or something? Nothing misspelled is red underlined any more.

Doc

I'm not so sure you should blame the soil not cooking properly.

Maybe I scored the roots improperly or something.

The White Widow, which I didn't have to score the rootball, suffered only slightly from transplant. And besides that the same soil was used for the seedlings and they were just fine until the transplant and all they had was the original feeding with the Transplant solution and the Root Zone powder. Maybe some of the blame should fall on my shoulders?

And am I confused or what, didn't this forum used to have spell check? Did I accidently turn it off or something? Nothing misspelled is red underlined any more.

You may very well be right brotha!

My reasoning, which is nothing more than an educated guess, is that the small amount of plant food in the amendment was eaten up by the seedlings, but after transplant the roots weren't able to get into the minerals and the nitrogen fixing bacteria weren't up to snuff and the roots couldn't provide for the foliage, since the fert charge was used up.

But it could be what you said too. Definitely don't score the bottom of the root ball like you might with some other plants. We don't want to prune the roots, just encourage lateral branching.

I bet those roots are branching nice in those fabric pots.

I see a lot of little roots stick out just a bit then die.

The pruning you mentioned earlier, I am assuming you mean the lower suckers and not a light defol?

I bet those roots are branching nice in those fabric pots.

I see a lot of little roots stick out just a bit then die.

The pruning you mentioned earlier, I am assuming you mean the lower suckers and not a light defol?

Exactly. What I do....and there's plenty of other ways to do it....is to take lower branches completely off except the top 3, 4, or 5 nodes. I do this right at the flip, or a week in....no later.

This is a 2+ week into flower update;

Took the plants out and inspected. Did a little LST. Plants are very healthy, but don't have that leaf shine.

Took brix reading, only 8. They hadn't been fed in a week. I will test in a day or two after the feeding.

Top dressed with RE-CHARGE, watered with TEA and ENERGY, foliar with BRIX.

Notice the roots pokeing through the fabric pots. I was surprised to see even more on the bottom.
G11_PE_roots_2_wks.jpg

G11_PE_roots_b_2_wks.jpg

G11_MR_roots_b_2_wks.jpg

The PE
G11_PE_flwr_2_wks.jpg

WW
G11_WW_flwr_2_wks.jpg

MR
G11_MR_flwr_2_wks.jpg

DS

--OOPS--N/A---, to stoned I guess

Room view
G11_room_view_2_wk_flwr.jpg

They really don't seem to be stretching at all.

Three are just starting to show some hairs, but the PE has been budding nice for over a week.

Haven't really pruned much off of the bottom. Even the longest branches only had 7 nodes.

I'll leave them for a week and see how things change after the LST.

Actually most of my past grows had to be pruned so much it was all wasted growth. These might end up with no lower wasted space.

Just a full canopy of bud.

Back
Top Bottom