HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

The one auto I'm growing, Dark Devil, is 26 days old and is showing pistils. I've been watering it by just watering the top of the ProMix. Should I start watering to run-off for this one? What about the photoperiod ones? When do I start watering to run-off for them?

Also, I'm currently watering all the plants with 1 gram of MC to 1 gallon of water (1g in 3.7854 liters as per Shed). Is that the correct amount for the Dark Devil considering that it's later in its cycle than the photoperiod plants?

I was thinking about doing some training on the Dark Devil to see if I could get a bigger yield than the 8 and 10 grams I got last time but I was doing some reading on it and it said that you could perform LST on an auto but that it would need to be done before it starts to flower so I guess I missed my opportunity this round. :(

I am planning an auto grow later this year as Felonious doesn't want to grow autos anymore so we need to plant them.

I'll probably plant all the non-Dark Devil seeds this year as I have 50 Dark Devil seeds so I'll have to do a Dark Devil grow or 2 to use all of them the following year.

But, we have enough medicinal flower to last for a few years so that means I should be able to run a few recreational-only grows this year and next.
Your auto is a little tall but I still think you could anchor her down and bend her over toward the edge of the pot. I've done a lot of LST on autos but you might know more than i do.

:thumb: training will help a lot.

The old adage “bigger roots, bigger shoots” is the most relevant for that question tho. That’s why we all rave about the roots so much. Longer veg times to grow bigger root systems is one of the main ways to increase yield. (Along with training and excellent lighting).

Yes, that's what I told Felonious. He had asked when I was planning on putting them into flower but I said they're not even a month old yet and that I expected they would be in veg for at least 2 more months. Does that sound fairly accurate?

Your auto is a little tall but I still think you could anchor her down and bend her over toward the edge of the pot. I've done a lot of LST on autos but you might know more than i do.

Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about LST, having never done it before. I grew 2 DDAs hydroponically in my first grow last year but only yielded 14 grams between the 2 of them so that's why I was pondering LSTIng my DDA.

@InTheShed has a good post LSTing (I heard.). One of the many online things I have to read. I wish online reading didn't make me so sleepy.
I'd move everything up by 1g/gallon except the 18 day ALP8; the DDA to 3g and the rest to 2g.

Thank you, Shed. And, the 18 day one stays at 1g/gallon, I assume?

As usual, I really appreciate your guidance with MegaCrop doses. :hug:

not even a month old yet and that I expected they would be in veg for at least 2 more months. Does that sound fairly accurate?
Depends how big you can let them get (ie what space you have for flowering).

10weeks is the max time I have veg’d something for, and that yielded about 5oz. But this is specific to variety - that was a bubba hash which is not a huge yielded and can be a slow veg’er.

I’d think 3 months in veg is more than plenty - bad maybe more that you need, but I dunno what your trying to achieve with them or what their growth habit is. I’m still mucking around with veg times - it’s a process of discovery with each variety to some extent.

LST thread here for anyone interested (or suffering from insomnia?):

Thank you for the link, Shed. Do you happen to know of any good videos, too as I sometimes have difficulties following pictures?

Depends how big you can let them get (ie what space you have for flowering).
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

- one 3x3x6 Mars Hydro Tent (Carnival, Dark Devil and Raspberry Cough)
- one 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D (4 Alpine Star CBD)
- one 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D (4 Alpine Star CBD)

10weeks is the max time I have veg’d something for, and that yielded about 5oz. But this is specific to variety - that was a bubba hash which is not a huge yielded and can be a slow veg’er.

I’d think 3 months in veg is more than plenty - bad maybe more that you need, but I dunno what your trying to achieve with them or what their growth habit is. I’m still mucking around with veg times - it’s a process of discovery with each variety to some extent.

I looked back at my last grow journal and I only vegged a month and the most I got from any one plant was 4 ounces, which is good but if I get more, I'd be happier. I got 80 grams from each of my Girl Scout Cookies and that was good but I am seriously low on recreational meds that actually work for me currently so I would have loved to get more.

:happy-birthday: @FeloniousPunk!!!!:bravo:
I didn't have a lot of time but I managed to assemble a band:theband:
Brought in the cheerleaders:cheer::cheer:
A flash mob
:party:
Some snacks and other party favors!
:popcorn::passitleft:

Have a wonderful day!!!

Highya HG:love::hug::love:

...sure hope I got the right day.

:happy-birthday: @FeloniousPunk!!!!:bravo:
I didn't have a lot of time but I managed to assemble a band:theband:
Brought in the cheerleaders:cheer::cheer:
A flash mob
:party:
Some snacks and other party favors!
:popcorn::passitleft:

Have a wonderful day!!!

Highya HG:love::hug::love:

...sure hope I got the right day.

Thank you, VG. :hug: You absolutely got the day right. I will pass on your best wishes to Felonious when he returns from the dentist appointment I booked for him for his special day. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you, VG. :hug: You absolutely got the day right. I will pass on your best wishes to Felonious when he returns from the dentist appointment I booked for him for his special day. :battingeyelashes:
Lmao. Poor fella.
He'll thank you when he gets to keep his chompers well into his golden years.
Made me giggle just a bit though.

Lmao. Poor fella.
He'll thank you when he gets to keep his chompers well into his golden years.
Made me giggle just a bit though.

That's pretty much why I posted it. ;) I love making people laugh.

And, I did ask him if he cared one way or another and he said, no so it's totally on him. :laughtwo:

VG is an early riser so let me be the second one here to say
:happy-birthday: on the big 6 0 Felonious!

I'm sure he'll have a dazzling smile :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry, no videos on LST that I've checked out. Read the text on the opening post in my thread and see how it lines up with what you can find on youtube.

Thank you, Shed. I will forward your message onto Felonious as well.

I'm treating him to dinner from Swiss Chalet, a chicken restaurant we both love. He has to pick it up but I'm paying. I also got him a piece of cherry cheesecake from the grocery store yesterday. Unfortunately, it lost its topping between the store and home when the bag went topsy turvey from my car seat to the floor. Oops! Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

On a growing note, what is your feeling on topping autos, Shed? And, I know, I know, Dark Devil is a tricky one to grow but since I had 50 seeds, I figured I need to plant some of them.

Can you LST after they start flowering?

And, on another note, on average how long do you veg your plants? I'm trying to get a better idea of how long ours should veg. I know that most of their growth happens during veg so a longer veg time is good but Amy thought 3 months was too long.

My plants in the last grow were only vegged for a month.

You can LST after they start flowering but it doesn't have the same effect as when it's done from early veg. It will at least spread the flowering hormones around and make the plant try to make top colas from more than one flower!

The main point is to make sure you SLOWLY-WITHOUT-BREAKING bend the top so it's lower than at least the next node below it. It can take a few days to get to that level.

I grow outside and don't have the space constraints that you might, and I veg between 70 and 120 days with seeds. As I mentioned last time we talked about veg time, it's not about days, it's about size. A fast growing plant may get flipped at 45 days and a slow growing one at 60 because that's how long it takes them to get to the correct size for the space they will need.

I grow outside and don't have the space constraints that you might, and I veg between 70 and 120 days with seeds. As I mentioned last time we talked about veg time, it's not about days, it's about size. A fast growing plant may get flipped at 45 days and a slow growing one at 60 because that's how long it takes them to get to the correct size for the space they will need.

Speaking of growing outside, Felonious asked me what I wanted to grow outside in our summer grow but I told him I had no interest in growing outside as I can't control the elements outside.

Is this a mistake? Other than letting them grow tall naturally, are are there any other benefits to growing outside?

On a growing note, what is your feeling on topping autos, Shed? And, I know, I know, Dark Devil is a tricky one to grow but since I had 50 seeds, I figured I need to plant some of them.
Shed has way more experience than me but as long as they're growing healthy i top them between the fourth and fifth node. It's made a difference of ounces.

Back
Top Bottom