HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

The one auto I'm growing, Dark Devil, is 26 days old and is showing pistils. I've been watering it by just watering the top of the ProMix. Should I start watering to run-off for this one? What about the photoperiod ones? When do I start watering to run-off for them?

Also, I'm currently watering all the plants with 1 gram of MC to 1 gallon of water (1g in 3.7854 liters as per Shed). Is that the correct amount for the Dark Devil considering that it's later in its cycle than the photoperiod plants?

I was thinking about doing some training on the Dark Devil to see if I could get a bigger yield than the 8 and 10 grams I got last time but I was doing some reading on it and it said that you could perform LST on an auto but that it would need to be done before it starts to flower so I guess I missed my opportunity this round. :(

I am planning an auto grow later this year as Felonious doesn't want to grow autos anymore so we need to plant them.

I'll probably plant all the non-Dark Devil seeds this year as I have 50 Dark Devil seeds so I'll have to do a Dark Devil grow or 2 to use all of them the following year.

But, we have enough medicinal flower to last for a few years so that means I should be able to run a few recreational-only grows this year and next.

Hey, @HashGirl.

At 26 days you may be a little low with the MC. You should up that by at least 1/2 gram on your next feed.

I start all of my seedlings whether auto or photo at 1.5g of MC. I usually start feeding them when they develop their second set of fan leaves.

Do you have the mega crop feeding guide? It's on the GLN website. You may not want to follow it exactly (I don't), but it gives you a good feel for how much you should be feeding at various stages of growth.

DDA seeds are 420% more hit and miss than any other autoflower variety, so keep that in mind when making auto choices. And when I run DDA's I run three in a 7 gallon pot and probably have root-room for 2 more!
The one auto I'm growing, Dark Devil, is 26 days old and is showing pistils. I've been watering it by just watering the top of the ProMix. Should I start watering to run-off for this one? What about the photoperiod ones? When do I start watering to run-off for them?
I think in this case we should consider the difference between watering to runoff and soaking the pot. When I water my small plants/big pot plants, I water to runoff (if you were to hold them in mid-air), but only about an inch (2.54cm) wider than the size of original root ball.

For example, if I sprout an auto in a peat puck and then plant it into a 7 gallon pot, I will water a little bit down the middle, but most of the water will go 2.54cm outside the diameter of the peat, and the bottom of the pot (in the middle) will feel wet when I'm done (to runoff). Same with going from a 1 gallon to a 7 gallon pot. As the plant grows, I water the center and further and further out, as the roots will keep searching for water toward the outside of the pot.

I don't water the entire pot to runoff until I believe the plant has enough of a rootball to be within a few inches of the outside. Otherwise there will be a lot of water sitting in unused soil that won't dry out.

Hi, HG! Everything looks great after getting past some pesty moments. I remember you and FP when I was active on here a few years ago. Glad to see you're both still @ 420 :) I'm also from the Hammer, but been bouncing from province to province lol. Btw love the scarf in reference to the Ticats!! Subb'd Peace!!

Hi, HG! Everything looks great after getting past some pesty moments. I remember you and FP when I was active on here a few years ago. Glad to see you're both still @ 420 :) I'm also from the Hammer, but been bouncing from province to province lol. Btw love the scarf in reference to the Ticats!! Subb'd Peace!!

Welcome to my journal, Shaggn.

Always happy to have another follower to my journal especially a Ticat fan. Oskee Wee Wee!

For example, if I sprout an auto in a peat puck and then plant it into a 7 gallon pot, I will water a little bit down the middle, but most of the water will go 2.54cm outside the diameter of the peat, and the bottom of the pot (in the middle) will feel wet when I'm done (to runoff). Same with going from a 1 gallon to a 7 gallon pot. As the plant grows, I water the center and further and further out, as the roots will keep searching for water toward the outside of the pot.

Thank you, Shed. The above is what I'm currently doing with the DDA and I will continue to do so. I will be watering and fertigating today and will post photos later.

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***
Good afternoon.

I fertigated all the plants today. Here is the info I noted:

Grow Journal Notes - 08-Feb-21.jpg

And, here are the photos (they'll be posted in more than post):

Dark Devil Auto - 28 Days Old:

Photo 1 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA.jpeg

Carnival - 26 Days Old:

Photo 4 - Carnival.jpeg

Photo 5 - Carnival.jpeg

Photo 6 - Carnival.jpeg

Raspberry Cough - 28 Days Old:

Photo 7 - RC.jpeg

The Raspberry Cough is just starting her 5th node so in the next week or so, I'll probably top it. I'd also like to try some LST on this one and the Carnival at least. Felonious suggested that we top half of the Alpine Stars and run half of them without topping.

Photo 8 - RC.jpeg

Photo 9 - RC.jpeg

I'll post the Alpine Star photos in a new post.

*** Weekly Update *** cont'd...
ALP1 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 10 - ALP1.jpeg

Photo 11 - ALP1.jpeg

Photo 12 - ALP1.jpeg

ALP2 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 13 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 14 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 15 - ALP2.jpeg

ALP3 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 16 - ALP3.jpeg

Photo 17 - ALP3.jpeg

Photo 18 - ALP3.jpeg

*** Weekly Update *** cont'd...
ALP4 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 19 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 20 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 21 - ALP4.jpeg

ALP5 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 22 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 24 - ALP5.jpeg

ALP6 - 26 Days Old:

Photo 26- ALP6.jpeg

Photo 27- ALP6.jpeg

ALP8 - 18 Days Old:

Photo 30 - ALP8.jpeg

Photo 31 - ALP8.jpeg

As you can see, most of them are almost ready for topping and then about a week after that, I'll up pot them to 5 gallon cloth pots.

Everything looks great HG!
that we top half of the Alpine Stars and run half of them without topping.
Sounds like lots of fun! It’s a visual delight having lots of differently structured plants in the garden. I’d love to be able to do that with multiples of one variety. And with two of you to do the work, much less pressure. And you’ll get to see how they respond to different treatment.

You topping the carnival as well, or just LST on that?

Late but following along!

:welcome: to my grow journal, scrumpdilly. I don't recognize your name. Are you new?

Everything looks great HG!

Sounds like lots of fun! It’s a visual delight having lots of differently structured plants in the garden. I’d love to be able to do that with multiples of one variety. And with two of you to do the work, much less pressure. And you’ll get to see how they respond to different treatment.

You topping the carnival as well, or just LST on that?

Thanks, Amy. I'm planning on topping the Carnival, the Raspberry Cough and 4 of the Alpine Stars. I hope to LST both the Carnival and the Raspberry as I really want to figure out the best way to increase the yield of my plants.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgooooooooooooooooos!

Succcccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

In our household, if someone says "Argos", the word "sucks" comes right afterwards. :laughtwo:

Looking great over here HG.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :surf:

Thanks, VG. Are you feeling better?

:welcome: to my grow journal, scrumpdilly. I don't recognize your name. Are you new?

Thanks, Amy. I'm planning on topping the Carnival, the Raspberry Cough and 4 of the Alpine Stars. I hope to LST both the Carnival and the Raspberry as I really want to figure out the best way to increase the yield of my plants.

Succcccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

In our household, if someone says "Argos", the word "sucks" comes right afterwards. :laughtwo:

Thanks, VG. Are you feeling better?
Thank you! No I've been around since 2017 but I recently became active on the forums again.

way to increase the yield of my plants.
:thumb: training will help a lot.

The old adage “bigger roots, bigger shoots” is the most relevant for that question tho. That’s why we all rave about the roots so much. Longer veg times to grow bigger root systems is one of the main ways to increase yield. (Along with training and excellent lighting).

Back
Top Bottom