Hello! Glad to finally be registered

Welcome Kisshell!

Fairly new here myself and starting my fifth season of growing. I really enjoy growing this herb and often wonder why our government would want to make it an illegal substance and put people in jail for having large quantities of it.

Here is a picture of my new sprouts which just put in 5-inch peat pots yesterday. Out of 19 seeds only one failed to germinate but giving it a few more days.

IMG_20220327_065130249.jpg

Hi guys,
I am a first time grower from Ausie land.
I have learnt tons from this forum and finally decided to grow. I will have lots if questions so please advice guys.
Cheers
Good morning @kisshell Hope your having a good day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Lots of your neighbors are here already, they'll be happy to meet you too.

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @kisshell

How is the weather down your way? Is it getting colder yet?

When you are ready to start a grow journal here's the link to get started.
How to Make a Grow Journal

You can place your grow journal here.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome Kisshell!

Fairly new here myself and starting my fifth season of growing. I really enjoy growing this herb and often wonder why our government would want to make it an illegal substance and put people in jail for having large quantities of it.

Here is a picture of my new sprouts which just put in 5-inch peat pots yesterday. Out of 19 seeds only one failed to germinate but giving it a few more days.

IMG_20220327_065130249.jpg
Way to go @Rolling Green . I have 10 seeds coming in on Tuesday. What process did you use to germinate? Is still fairly chilly here in Canada so I need to use a seeding matt so my paper towels doesn't doesn't get cold and slimey. Nice to meet you and GL with your grow.

Welcome, Kisshell! Only been here for a short while and have had lots of sound advice and links were sent to some amazing articles and chats on things like bonzai mothers, droughting, proper waterring methods and quadlining to name a few. @Azimuth is worth his weight in gold as are many other experienced growers on this site.

Way to go @Rolling Green . I have 10 seeds coming in on Tuesday. What process did you use to germinate? Is still fairly chilly here in Canada so I need to use a seeding matt so my paper towels doesn't doesn't get cold and slimey. Nice to meet you and GL with your grow.
I just put them on a wet paper towel on a plate and covered with a piece of plastic wrap, they started popping in 24 hours, have had better luck this way than sowing directly into potting soil, especially when these seeds are so costly.

IMG_20220324_103517238.jpg

I just put them on a wet paper towel on a plate and covered with a piece of plastic wrap, they started popping in 24 hours, have had better luck this way than sowing directly into potting soil, especially when these seeds are so costly.

Holy crap! This looks like a big grow! Must be an outdoor venue?

Welcome to 420 @kisshell! Enjoy your time on the best grow forum in the world. :Rasta:

I take a brown paper towel, fold it in half, and then in half again. This gives me 4 sheets thickness... two sheets for the seeds to sit on, and two sheets covering the seeds... "hinged" by the fold on one side. I use a flat tupperware container with a lid, place the paper towel cut to size to easily fit the container, and add distilled water with a plastic squirt bottle... just enough to dampen the towel. Seeds come out of their soak jar into a tea strainer, then onto the paper towel. With tweezers I move the seeds so that they're about 1 inch apart, then cover with the top paper towel layers. I will put a couple more drops of water over each seed. I put the container in a dark cupboard. Lively seeds will crack and develop a root very quickly... 1-2 days.

Back
Top Bottom