Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Well I gotta say... I'm very disappointed in my small bucket... it worked great, only I have to toss 2 quarts of drench. Had to mix up 3 quarts to have that small bucket 3/4 full with the plant in it. As I submerged it I slowly poured a bit over the top when it was fully saturated (perlite floating around) I let it sit 5 mins then pulled it out allowing it to drain while I tilted it this way and that... so yea... still having to waste 2/3 of what I needed to actually drench this 1 gallon pot.

420-magazine-mobile2114335906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile127031217.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1853720866.jpg

First try mobile upload.

I come for the eye candy... I stay, well, ... for the eye candy!

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I've got one plant a month old that by what I can find online has too much magnesium.
420-magazine-mobile181625903.jpg

It's got some initial root damage from transplanting early, but all my plants have grown out of it, and this one seems past it as well. I know it's normally the opposite problem we have with not getting enough magnesium which is what snake oil is for. It's a landrace though and I think fairly unworked on top of that. It's from Sinai, Egypt, and from the description that RSC has, it sounds like it's naturally grown in pretty nutrient weak soil with little in the way of fertilizers. It's supposed to be a landrace hybrid, coming by way of Manipur and Nepal.

I guess, beyond limiting drenches and not adding snake oil to brix, is there anything you might recommend trying to make her happy? Maybe skip GE and go with strictly transplant? I'd just pop another, but this the only one out of three so far I've gotten above ground and the new growth is looking good.

Thanks for any advice you have.

Peace

Less will help...but the point of flushing (which I never do...or haven't done in a long time) is to leech salts and minerals from the soil. to do this, you need a ton of runoff. If you use your well water, chase it with good water then the drench in good water. The sulfur is probably helpful, along with some of the minerals.

Try to do it all within an hour.

I'm only suggesting this because I want you to be able to get those things back on track. We've got to get back to first time users growing diamonds. I'm not sure where we went wrong, but we're going to fix it.

Hey Doc. I think I misunderstood your reccomendations, I just flushed last night but now reading it again I am thinking you wanted me to follow the flush directly with the rescue. I was planning on having them dry out before the rescue, assuming I was wing, what do you suggest? Should I go ahead and rescue tonight? If so, I know it's 45 ml of TP and I normally do about 1 1/2 gallons of water with my drenches per plant, stick with that? Or should I wait till they dry out then rescue?

I've got one plant a month old that by what I can find online has too much magnesium.

It's got some initial root damage from transplanting early, but all my plants have grown out of it, and this one seems past it as well. I know it's normally the opposite problem we have with not getting enough magnesium which is what snake oil is for. It's a landrace though and I think fairly unworked on top of that. It's from Sinai, Egypt, and from the description that RSC has, it sounds like it's naturally grown in pretty nutrient weak soil with little in the way of fertilizers. It's supposed to be a landrace hybrid, coming by way of Manipur and Nepal.

I guess, beyond limiting drenches and not adding snake oil to brix, is there anything you might recommend trying to make her happy? Maybe skip GE and go with strictly transplant? I'd just pop another, but this the only one out of three so far I've gotten above ground and the new growth is looking good.

Peace

many of the landrace strains I've grown from ACE state they require less nutes, especially N.....which makes sense since they've had to adapt to their crazy ass environments to survive this long.
:)

I finally broke down and ordered 4-5 books yesterday. I'll post pics of the titles when they come in. Teaming with microbes, marijuana botany, cannabis grow Bible version 3, true living organics. Hopefully these will turn out to be good reads. Most books I've read ended up being just the basics

I find Marijuana Botany to be a challenging read, only because I struggle with the terminology and just don't have enough knowledge on the subject to develop a fuller understanding. But that's why I keep reading it, I suppose.

TLO by The Rev is an awesome read and more suited to beginners like me. I must have read it front to back three times now. I love it. I made a recent post about buying organic seeds but got no responses. I plan on utilising TLO indoors when I return home in Feb. I will have to alter my amendments though as even good quality organic soil without a ton of peat moss and wood scraps is hard to come by down under. Not to mention they always add six months worth of bloody slow release fertiliser to it.

Another great read IMO is Soma's book 'Organic Marijuana Soma Style'. He makes garden beds. A good way to get into no-till growing if it interests you.

I finally broke down and ordered 4-5 books yesterday. I'll post pics of the titles when they come in. Teaming with microbes, marijuana botany, cannabis grow Bible version 3, true living organics. Hopefully these will turn out to be good reads. Most books I've read ended up being just the basics

Nice reads Buck, I have Teaming with Microbes, and those others are on my list

Peace

Hi Morglie,

Why do you think that plant has excessive Mg? I know the kit skirts on a Mg def intentionally by design. My reference books show a Mg excess as super dark green foliage, stunted growth, and appearance of salt toxicity

Hi Morglie,

Why do you think that plant has excessive Mg? I know the kit skirts on a Mg def intentionally by design. My reference books show a Mg excess as super dark green foliage, stunted growth, and appearance of salt toxicity
The dark spots of necrosis starting at the bottom. Same leaves that would normally get chewed up first. The leaves have a bit of green left but it's near the stem. The tips go yellow first, then the spots are starting. That's what seemed to match up from what I could find.

I may be off as I've not really had to diagnose things like this using the kit. It's just odd genetics that I want to play with. They all were started in straight promix until around week 2-3 when I put them into first run soil that was freshly cooked. The roots weren't fully developed when I transplanted, so they all suffered some root damage and the bottom node or two all went yellow. They've all recovered from that, but this one is still acting up. I'm not going to cull her, unless she's a he and then he'll be knocking up some girls before he gets cut.

Hey Doc. I think I misunderstood your reccomendations, I just flushed last night but now reading it again I am thinking you wanted me to follow the flush directly with the rescue. I was planning on having them dry out before the rescue, assuming I was wing, what do you suggest? Should I go ahead and rescue tonight? If so, I know it's 45 ml of TP and I normally do about 1 1/2 gallons of water with my drenches per plant, stick with that? Or should I wait till they dry out then rescue?

Yes, rescue tonite....but the goal was to have them wet for a couple hours, now, you're going to wet them again a day later....cannabis doesn't like wet feet.

Just put a half gallon down the top this time. Follow with another Transplant drench when they dry. You'd be surprised how much you can screw up roots by drowning them. Warm up your room if you can.

The dark spots of necrosis starting at the bottom. Same leaves that would normally get chewed up first. The leaves have a bit of green left but it's near the stem. The tips go yellow first, then the spots are starting. That's what seemed to match up from what I could find.

I may be off as I've not really had to diagnose things like this using the kit. It's just odd genetics that I want to play with. They all were started in straight promix until around week 2-3 when I put them into first run soil that was freshly cooked. The roots weren't fully developed when I transplanted, so they all suffered some root damage and the bottom node or two all went yellow. They've all recovered from that, but this one is still acting up. I'm not going to cull her, unless she's a he and then he'll be knocking up some girls before he gets cut.

That's not mag toxicity....that's good old root damage from transplanting too early. It'll get hooked up soon enough. Looks like it already is.

Transplanting too early is not good. Shoot, transplanting itself isn't really good, but since we must let's only do it once if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom