Horse's Crawlspace Grow

Sounds like the strain needs a little special attention. once you get that part figured they should be great(er).:thumb:

As raggedy as it looks, it is budding up :ganjamon:

Speaking of RO, the Max Water units on ebay are pretty fairly priced. I will give them a look, thanks

Thanks for the visit :peace:

I would be very proud if that was my first SCROG.

I've been too chicken to run a screen yet, lol.

Nice job!

tried to rep ya ;)

Thanks for the kind words SS. I hope I haven't sounded like I'm whining about this crop, but going from being what Doc has coined as a "reputation" grower doing 10lbs a summer outdoors, to a noobie indoors and maybe a qp crop, is a bit frustrating to say the least :)

I admire the hell out of you folks who have dialed this in. Growing big on a tiny scale is a big feat in my book!

On a moving forward note. 7/16" holes in the damn buckets, ohhh man, that was genius. Fits 7/16" tubing from my old water level like a glove. Slip a pie pan under the hole, rotate the tubing downward, feed with molasses, catch the runoff, twist the hose up... very little drippage!!! Hey thanks for the molasses push:slide:

:peace:

How often do they get molasses? I finally found blackstrap at the local dollar store. I use it once flowering starts and I've been using just water and mo for the two I'm flushing.
Should I skip the molasses when they're close?

Thanks for the kind words SS. I hope I haven't sounded like I'm whining about this crop, but going from being what Doc has coined as a "reputation" grower doing 10lbs a summer outdoors, to a noobie indoors and maybe a qp crop, is a bit frustrating to say the least :)

I admire the hell out of you folks who have dialed this in. Growing big on a tiny scale is a big feat in my book!

It's easier going from oz to lb, than from lb to oz ;).

On a moving forward note. 7/16" holes in the damn buckets, ohhh man, that was genius. Fits 7/16" tubing from my old water level like a glove. Slip a pie pan under the hole, rotate the tubing downward, feed with molasses, catch the runoff, twist the hose up... very little drippage!!! Hey thanks for the molasses push:slide:

Sure thing. Glad you were able to rig up the drainage so easily.

How often do they get molasses? I finally found blackstrap at the local dollar store. I use it once flowering starts and I've been using just water and mo for the two I'm flushing.

Hey Mick, I'm not sure, I've seen some folks here who give it right up to the end. I'm at least 3 weeks away ( I'm actually thinking 5) so I'm still studying.

Setting Sun suggested molasses, then 3 regular feedings, then molasses. This with OC+. I'm using hygrozyme and pHed water for feedings, so I'm going to try 1 liter ( 1 tbsp molasses 8ml hygrozyme/gal h2o) for 3 days... Hempy waters his flowering hempies everyday. Then maybe I can tell something?

I don't know if I would listen to me though... I'm suffering from bud envy, and might be pushing it :grinjoint:

I guess we all develope our tweaks as we go. Keep what seems to work. I should drop the molasses to half as often maybe. I don't know how long they have left, playing it by ear.

I was using Hygrozyme in my 126w grow but I upped the nutes and increased the Hygrozyme and lost a set of leaves. Only 50% on nutes and the 'zyme. May have been something else but I backed off anyway. I haven't used hygrozyme before so I'm not sure what to expect from it.

heheh you won't be suffering bud envy for long, you'll be suffering finger cramps from trimming all that bud.:cheer:

im a dirt bagger, so dont know nuttin about water...
in dirt, i clear x times 2 as soon as it starts to dry, i do it again....then when it starts to dry out, i alternate, water and water w/molassas at 1T/gal, and use all the way to the end, then dry out bucket overnight and harvest....but i usually have enought time to feed water and mol. for 2-3wks....L
just watch the t's until done...

I've got promix under my nails...mostly. I guess I'm close. Two of my widows have been flushing for 2 1/2 weels. R/O and 1 tbl blackstrap almost every time. They had a 3x slow flush to start, when dry. I can drop the blackstrap for alternate waterings easily enough. Don't want to overdo it.
Trichs are getting milky, maybe 15% clear, no amber.

Thanks Lavendar and sorry for the mini hijack Horse.

I've got promix under my nails...mostly. I guess I'm close. Two of my widows have been flushing for 2 1/2 weels. R/O and 1 tbl blackstrap almost every time. They had a 3x slow flush to start, when dry. I can drop the blackstrap for alternate waterings easily enough. Don't want to overdo it.
Trichs are getting milky, maybe 15% clear, no amber.

Thanks Lavendar and sorry for the mini hijack Horse.

No worries, mon :cool: I love hearing what other folks are doing, gives some personality to the site, which to me, makes 420 a nice place to call home.

Molasses, yaaaargh!. My dad made animal feed, and for a lot of reasons, molasses is a big ingredient... thing is, it stinks :) Ginger snaps make me back away, ha. But, if pot likes it, I'm going to learn to like it... still not eating any shoo fly pie though!

So I hit the girls up Wed & Thur with molasses and watered today. I think it's sugaring them up.

Not much action vertically

DSC08080.jpg

DSC08069.jpg

DSC08071.jpg

I think there's a trich or two more... but they don't really show up in the uploads. If I load 1000kb does it screw things up for the site? I have and ancient sony cd camera that has a hard time with macro and hps! But the full sized pics do show what I'm talking about.

DSC08076.jpg

DSC08077.jpg

DSC08078.jpg

The morning after I started the molasses, I saw a couple of little gnat like bugs flying around. Do root gnats fly? That afternoon I saw a blue tailed skink (cute lizard we have here) in the pool. I made a ladder for it to get up to the plants. Haven't seen the flying things, or the skink since???

Have a great weekend :smokin:

And thanks to Lavendar and Setting Sun for stooping back in.

Hi Horse. Scrog is coming along nicely, all those tops are shaping up. Flying adult gnats will go for yellow sticky stiks (Walmart) and unsalted garlic powder will move them out of the soil if you sprinkle powdered garlic around the surface. A teaspoon to a 2 or 3 gallon pot worked great for me.
Your leaves look like they're covered with trichs. Flash pics with lights out should show them off better.
:goodjob::thumb:

Hi Horse. Scrog is coming along nicely, all those tops are shaping up. Flying adult gnats will go for yellow sticky stiks (Walmart) and unsalted garlic powder will move them out of the soil if you sprinkle powdered garlic around the surface. A teaspoon to a 2 or 3 gallon pot worked great for me.
Your leaves look like they're covered with trichs. Flash pics with lights out should show them off better.
:goodjob::thumb:

High Mick, thanks for the gnatty tips:

Maybe I could just pour molasses in the pool???
DSC07697.jpg

Ha :)

I'll try a trich shot when they're tucked in!

Thanks for dropping by.

High Mick, thanks for the gnatty tips:

Maybe I could just pour molasses in the pool???
DSC07697.jpg

Ha :)

I'll try a trich shot when they're tucked in!

Thanks for dropping by.

No problem Horse. Worked great for my gnat problem.

When you try your trich shots at lights out, if they don't stand out enough try to hold or position a piece of white paper or cardboard (8x10" or so) at an angle beside or above (just out of frame) the bud your photographing. The light from your flash will be reflected and can make the trichs pop nicely so they stand out better and also adds a little light to the shadow areas.

Back
Top Bottom