Horse's Crawlspace Grow

until mine were in flower, i kept weaving the tops in the squares, at right angles and whatever worked....sometimes two in a square....mostly they stayed even ... but i had one plant in the middle of a sqrog going all diff. dirctions.....L:thumb:

Hiya bro. Sorry to not been around much lately. Its looking great in the crawlspace! As far as the stray taller buds - don't worry. As long as they are not gonna hit the light, or gonna be more than 18" taller than the others, don't sweat them. I would not tie them down. I have found that when I do this its not at all the same as bending the branch under the screen. The branches that are tied always end up scraggly and limp at best, often flat out dying.

I got the giggles just thinking about how stoked you're gonna be in a month or two.

:thumb::yummy::tokin:

High All,

Didn't mean to be gone for so long, stuff happened, some good some not so good... life ya know.

I left the girls for a week (with a baby sitter), I guess I need to pay more, things did not look so good when I got back. A lot more yellow edged leaves, a lot of crispy tips, and not nearly the stretching I'd thought I see.

DSC08026.jpg

DSC080311.jpg

DSC08032.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

DSC080342.jpg

DSC08035.jpg

DSC08036.jpg

The good news, I guess, is that they have started to bud in earnest. Trichs are beginning to spread around, and they are entering their 4th week of flowering.

DSC08027.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/medium
/DSC08028.jpg

DSC08029.jpg

DSC08030.jpg

Do you think cutting the time back from 24/0 by an hour a day, then the 36 dark period stopped the stretch? I had wanted to keep them low because of the headroom limitation, but I was thinking I'd get at least 6"... or do you think they'll still grow up slowly? Did I flip too soon?

The buds are going to need to do a lot of filling in to look like what I'm used to.

I'll keep you posted.

:peace:

Horse,

Glad you're back in the neighborhood man! It does seem like maybe you trained them too well not to stretch. Give them a spoonful of OC+ and tell them to get off their lazy butts!

I bet they'll shape up for you.
:goodluck:

well i, like papa g, think they look great....cant wait to see how this turns out...and just be thankful that they are still alive..alot of times the sitter doesnt know or care really what happens, so you really did get a good one, now if they'll just keep their mouth shut....you can fix anything else...great job...L

Horse,

Glad you're back in the neighborhood man! It does seem like maybe you trained them too well not to stretch. Give them a spoonful of OC+ and tell them to get off their lazy butts!

I bet they'll shape up for you.
:goodluck:

Another spoonful may be in order, I certainly don't want them to watch their weight :grinjoint:

well i, like papa g, think they look great....cant wait to see how this turns out...and just be thankful that they are still alive..alot of times the sitter doesnt know or care really what happens, so you really did get a good one, now if they'll just keep their mouth shut....you can fix anything else...great job...L

Naaah, I was kidding about the babysitter. It's my son, and he set me up with all the grow stuff... 'sides, he knows I'll show his son all my Cheech and Chong movies if he messes me over :)

And, thanks for the encouragement.

looks good:cool:

Hey scaredeecat, thanks for stoopin' in :cool:

hi Horse, great looking screen you got goin there. I see the edges you were talking about, not so bad. I'm sure you'll sort them out.

CLumping nicely.:cheer:

DSC08027.jpg

hi Horse, great looking screen you got goin there. I see the edges you were talking about, not so bad. I'm sure you'll sort them out.

CLumping nicely.:cheer:

Hey thanks Mick, I'm trying multiple solutions for multiple problems... that way I won't have to clutter my mind with knowing what fixes what:)

Lookin great! As far as the size of the buds, remember, you likely won't see the same type colas you're used to, but you will instead see many more buds that are of medium sized and almost no small ones.

The stems on those plants look very healthy, and as far as the deficiency goes, I'd just bump up your nutes a hair. But I am not good at these kinds of fixes.

I think you're gonna be really surprised how much bud you have there. Also, I think the scrog tends to make it take a little longer in flower, so I definitely wouldn't sweat anything yet.

:bravo::nicethread:

Lookin great! As far as the size of the buds, remember, you likely won't see the same type colas you're used to, but you will instead see many more buds that are of medium sized and almost no small ones.

The stems on those plants look very healthy, and as far as the deficiency goes, I'd just bump up your nutes a hair. But I am not good at these kinds of fixes.

I think you're gonna be really surprised how much bud you have there. Also, I think the scrog tends to make it take a little longer in flower, so I definitely wouldn't sweat anything yet.

:bravo::nicethread:

Thanks for the reassurance Papa Green. The stems are healthy, but the leaves are getting a little sketchier. I've raised the light, added a fan at the canopy, and I'm going to run a bunch of pHed water thru them today, add more OC+, and wait.

Thanks for stoopin' by!

Thanks staffy, I think scrogging takes some dialing in, but it does seem like a good method for a short space :smokin:

Cool SOG horse never tried it, nice job better late the never to stop by.this late in the game why dont ya hit them with some big bud ..Hard to regulate that OG stuff .just a thought .:nicethread: BC Thanks :reading420magazine:

Cool SOG horse never tried it, nice job better late the never to stop by.this late in the game why dont ya hit them with some big bud ..Hard to regulate that OG stuff .just a thought .:nicethread: BC Thanks :reading420magazine:

High BCG, I kinda wanted to finish this out with just OC+... but I'm gonna be flexible. I started out with the fox farm stuff, and had been planning on using ca-ching, but then I got OCd :) Actually, the buds are bulking up, and for the 4th week look pretty respectable.

I am seeing that OC can be challenging to regulate. I've had some temperature, pH, and alkalinity problems that tested it... shit, they're still testing it. Pot's tolerances seem a bit bit more demanding than tomatoes, and it's just a fricking weed!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Back
Top Bottom