How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hiker, to increase your filtering you should look into winterizing. Basically filter once and then stick in the freezer for 48 hours and filter again. Waxes and chlorophyll will precipitate and wont pass through the filter but the alcohol will not freeze.

You can read more about it here:

Polishing extracts | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

I agree. Winterizing is a good addition to the filtering Hiker. It'll help get all that cloudy, waxy crap out.

Lol, my 1st run, I filtered through coffee filters as you should. But, I didn't know what the kief looking stuff was left in the filter so I poured the waxes back in the wash!
Oops.

Hiker, to increase your filtering you should look into winterizing. Basically filter once and then stick in the freezer for 48 hours and filter again. Waxes and chlorophyll will precipitate and wont pass through the filter but the alcohol will not freeze.

You can read more about it here:

Polishing extracts | Skunk Pharm Research LLC

48 hours? So I want to do the wash, then let the alcohol sit so the waxes can precipitate out? I got a lot of clear waxy looking junk. Keep in mind I was working @10F. Not sure my freezer even gets that cold. :blalol:

I will try that. My next test was going to be with longer washes.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far, but I'm sure it will continue to improve. I keep good notes, so I'll figure out what works best for my situation eventually. :)

Don't people use IPA? I know it's not the ideal, but if you can get some high purity 95%+ IPA, wouldn't that work?

Yes IPA is widely available.. (i hope you are talking about rubbing alcohol)
But i read some where that using Isopropyl alcohol is dangerous for making this oil..
I don't any one who created with it and healed...

I might be misunderstanding the jargons though so kindly co-operate

I agree. Winterizing is a good addition to the filtering Hiker. It'll help get all that cloudy, waxy crap out.

Lol, my 1st run, I filtered through coffee filters as you should. But, I didn't know what the kief looking stuff was left in the filter so I poured the waxes back in the wash!
Oops.

LOL.. I know just what you are talking about with that coffee filter. My first 2 batches left over filters went to hubby. He was totally convinced that something really good was in those filters. I laughed at him but let him have them to experiment with. He has not asked for them since. LOL

Peace

I've been in a horrible environment. Wife had PTSD when we met. I had PTSD in 1992.: We both dealt with it. It was gone, under control, etc. We had a great 20+ years. PTSD free. Traveled, college, kids...a good life.

This struggle with the constant fear of losing me during 5 surgeries, my chemo for 6 straight months last time, my loss of income which I was the sole provider, loss of insurance (life & medical), we've sold most everything. We don't even own a computer anymore...

All have brought back her PTSD because she cannot get a job & I'm now the enemy. Family, counselors, friends... nothing has helped. Not even the news today.

I'm in 1992 again, but have risen above it all. It's identical to living in a lunatic asylum. We love each other, but she's no longer IN love I now know. I would give up my health to keep my soulmate, but she shut out even family. Our kids, her siblings, her father, my brother & nephews etc. & is not interested in help. Thinks she doesn't need it. It's ALL someone else... always. Now grandkids are affected because she refuses to go see them. I go alone & make exuces for it all.
When you've PTSD, the ppl closest to you pay the price. They become the enemy in the person's mind.

I was given a choice: the family or her. I pick family. So, I was informed that since the cancer's at bay for now, than I can continue by myself.

I'm sorry for sharing this, but my point is that we have to keep pushing & moving ahead. No matter what. And I damn sure am. I know my situation is not near what a lot of awesome ppl are going through. That's the point. You can't stop. No matter what. Keep moving forward.

A friend loves frogs because they don't jump backwards, always forward.

Leaning forward in the foxhole. Leaning into the storm.

Darn sorry to hear this news about your wife Cajun. The fact that you have been married so long and called her your soulmate makes it very hard on you. It sounds like you would help her in any way possible if she would just let you try. For now you have other family and maybe at some point she will come around and get some kind of help. And if it is not to be then I love the reference to frogs. My best friend and I both love frogs. I cannot wait to tell her your quote on them about never jumping back, always moving forward. Congrats on the great news from your doc and here is to a long healthier life.
Peace

Great Work!. Something innovative also i would like to add is, it will help everyone to learn the procedure easily. I am looking forward to your next tips. Hope you will continue posting these stuff.

Welcome Ajay, I don't know if you have read through this whole thread but you are so right about all the great tips. Motoco did a great job with the detailed instructions of making the oil several of us are benefiting a great deal from it. Join right in and ask any questions you may have.

Thank you Motoco, that helps. I was up there this afternoon and she told me she has been taking some cheap Sam's club version of Glucosomine {{Groan...}} for her gout. I have to get her off that crap, who the heck knows what's in that???

They are also putting her on blood thinners again, she lost a lot of blood during surgery and they are watching that pretty close. Will the oil interrupt coumadin (warfarin) that you know of?
Sorry about all the questions, but these two drugs are new to me in regards to her taking them and I want to be sure I'm not messing around where I ought not to be.

Side note, my Pops said he will help keep her on the regimen this time if she decides to do it.
:)

Hi Canna, Hope mom is doing OK in the rehab center. Sounds like she messed herself up pretty bad. But here is my 2 cents on the glucosamine and coumadin. glucosamine is a safe supplement that is good for joints. It helps strengthen cartilage. It is news to me that it can be used for gout as gout is caused by an increase of uric acid in the blood. This uric acid leads to a crystallization inside the joints and is very painful. If the glucosamine helps her gout while she is in nursing home, that would be better than the typical prescription drug they usually prescribe and can be toxic to the liver. Oh and there are certain foods that raise the uric acid so the best thing is to just avoid those foods. Now for the coumadin. Since she has a broken hip and will not be walking for awhile she is in danger of deep vein blood clots in her legs. That is probable why they are giving that. They are probable also using special pressure stockings that will help to keep the blood in her legs from pooling there to long and forming clots. Walking and using the muscles in the legs is what returns that blood back to the heart. Veins do not have the ability to keep the blood moving without the muscles working them. My husband has been on coumadin for a year now because his lung cancer caused blood clots in his lungs. Motoco told me that oil works on the vascular system as well to prevent those clots but we are not in a position to take him off just yet. His doc would know right away if he stopped it because they check his level every 2 wks. So he has been taking the blood thinner along with the oil without a problem. I would think once your mom is back on her feet, the doc will be willing to discontinue coumadin.

How is your dad doing with this added stress?? Tell them both hello for me and hope mom heals fast and gets back home asap.
Peace

Speaking of how it might interfere with the 2 drugs your mom is now taking.... ummmm..:scratchinghead:.. I take... wait I have to count.....13 pills a day plus insulin...:blushsmile: Ya think this is going to be a problem..:straightface:.... 4 for blood pressure and my heart, 1 for hormones, 3 for neuropathic pain, 4 for pain, 1 for panic attacks.. and more if I'm having a panicy kind of day....:trance: Now that doesn't include the prn meds and the meds I absolutely have refused to take from the beginning.... the psychotropics... They still prescribe them.... I just don't take them..:thedoubletake:... Anyway how do I do this and know how to come off my drugs and not have a heart attack in the process...:confused:.. Just thought I should ask...:skeptical:.....:circle-of-love:

I think you and I have some meds in common. I take 4 different blood pressure meds, 1 for neuropathy, 2 for depression, 2 for migraines very frequently, 1 for inflammation and of course a couple of pain meds. Also a ton of stuff for psoriasis like ointments, medicated tape and shampoo. I also have refused some meds and have several prn meds. I have been doing very small tacks on myself. I don't want to use too much on me just yet until I have a nice stockpile for my husband. But even with the small tacks I am noticing my psoriasis getting better. I have a patch of it on my ankle that has been there forever. It just never completely goes away. It all of a sudden starting getting better without me putting my medicated tape on it. Last night I put oil directly on it with a water proof bandage. I can't wait to see what happens. :) And as for the rest of the meds I take, I will eventually have enough oil to properly dose myself and look forward to seeing how many I can get rid of. I think my bp meds will be hardest. Also, Most of my pain is due to my back and I am looking into more permanent help with that. They have been telling me surgery for years now and I am at the point of saying yes. I would love to get my hands on a CBD strain and try that first.

Hi Canna, Hope mom is doing OK in the rehab center. Sounds like she messed herself up pretty bad. But here is my 2 cents on the glucosamine and coumadin. glucosamine is a safe supplement that is good for joints. It helps strengthen cartilage. It is news to me that it can be used for gout as gout is caused by an increase of uric acid in the blood. This uric acid leads to a crystallization inside the joints and is very painful. If the glucosamine helps her gout while she is in nursing home, that would be better than the typical prescription drug they usually prescribe and can be toxic to the liver. Oh and there are certain foods that raise the uric acid so the best thing is to just avoid those foods. Now for the coumadin. Since she has a broken hip and will not be walking for awhile she is in danger of deep vein blood clots in her legs. That is probable why they are giving that. They are probable also using special pressure stockings that will help to keep the blood in her legs from pooling there to long and forming clots. Walking and using the muscles in the legs is what returns that blood back to the heart. Veins do not have the ability to keep the blood moving without the muscles working them. My husband has been on coumadin for a year now because his lung cancer caused blood clots in his lungs. Motoco told me that oil works on the vascular system as well to prevent those clots but we are not in a position to take him off just yet. His doc would know right away if he stopped it because they check his level every 2 wks. So he has been taking the blood thinner along with the oil without a problem. I would think once your mom is back on her feet, the doc will be willing to discontinue coumadin.

How is your dad doing with this added stress?? Tell them both hello for me and hope mom heals fast and gets back home asap.
Peace

Hi,
I truly appreciate that information on the Coumadin. That really helps. Yes, they have the pressure stocking on her now in the place she's in. At the hospital they had little straps on her legs attached to a unit that forced the blood to move. Amazing.

Dad is doing just okay, he's overwhelmed but I'm helping as much as I can. Bad time for a nasty winter storm system that won't let up. I can't even get to the facility to see her right now. Grrr...
I'm not sure what makes her think the glucosamine in working on the gout, but if her head tells yeah...then so be it for now.
Just can't wait to get her home and on the oil regimen again.
Thanks for your thoughts and information, and I will tell them hello for you. :)

:circle-of-love:

fghtsmallcell,

Is the oil helping with the migraines?

Thanks

So far no help with migraines. But I do not have all the strains I really need yet. I have just the one unknown strain I think is sativa dominate. I have one called just Purple. Purple what?? we don't know, but is in 2nd week of bloom right now. Also I just got 3 more clones tonight and 1 of them is blue dream. Yay!! I am still working on the CBD strain. Also I am only tacking a couple times a day and only with 1/4 size of rice. I will be increasing my dose soon.

Your welcome for the info. I'm sure this is hard for your dad. Be safe in that winter storm. We have thunderstorms in the forcast for this weekend. It snowed only 3 inches early this week.
Peace

This morning my electric and internet went down while I was catching up on this thread. I want to go to bed now but before I do I want to Thank Motoco again for sharing his knowledge with us. I truly believe this oil has saved his life. I called the doc today and we got the awesome news that his scan is unchanged. It still just shows what they think is scar tissue from the radiation in that left lung where the cancer was. It has been 1 year now with an unchanged scan. Almost 2 years since diagnosis and they told him he only had months to live. He told me today that he does believe in the oil. YAY!! And I 100% believe that he will not die from cancer now. Life is going to just keep getting better from here. We both feel it. :)
Peace

This morning my electric and internet went down while I was catching up on this thread. I want to go to bed now but before I do I want to Thank Motoco again for sharing his knowledge with us. I truly believe this oil has saved his life. I called the doc today and we got the awesome news that his scan is unchanged. It still just shows what they think is scar tissue from the radiation in that left lung where the cancer was. It has been 1 year now with an unchanged scan. Almost 2 years since diagnosis and they told him he only had months to live. He told me today that he does believe in the oil. YAY!! And I 100% believe that he will not die from cancer now. Life is going to just keep getting better from here. We both feel it. :)
Peace

:circle-of-love::cheer::cheer:

I sure love to read this kind of message over my first coffee. So happy for you and your Hubby! Keep up the great work and tell him hello for us. :)

So far no help with migraines. But I do not have all the strains I really need yet. I have just the one unknown strain I think is sativa dominate. I have one called just Purple. Purple what?? we don't know, but is in 2nd week of bloom right now. Also I just got 3 more clones tonight and 1 of them is blue dream. Yay!! I am still working on the CBD strain. Also I am only tacking a couple times a day and only with 1/4 size of rice. I will be increasing my dose soon.

Your welcome for the info. I'm sure this is hard for your dad. Be safe in that winter storm. We have thunderstorms in the forcast for this weekend. It snowed only 3 inches early this week.
Peace

I'll be anticipating how your strains work out for you with the migraines. I've got a bunch of purple strains ready to pop seeds for in January for the grow to honor member BigIrishDoode, and will be researching each one to see the benefits.

I get migraines during the winter months because my eyes are sensitive to light (another permanent side effect of years of prescription meds). The bright white snow brings them on if I don't have sunglasses. Wednesday morning one came on and I tried to up my oil dosage, but apparently not in time. I get about a 20 minute first effect with my eyes before the migraine goes full blown, so I'm usually lucky at catching it in time with OTC Tylenol. I don't take that stuff anymore.
The oil did help with the nausea through the day.

If I find a strain that stops the rest of the symptoms, I will be sure to let ya know. :)

That's great news fightsmallcell, awesome job you are doing for your husband.

Hi fsc,

It has been a week of GREAT news for the 'oilers' :). I'm thinking exactly like you are...the oil got your Husband off the couch using 'baby steps' and seems just like yesterday how weak he was. Your Hubby will not get cancer fsc and the good news is he can cut down to a simple grain of rice a day, and 1/2 grain at night. He doesn't need more than this. I know why you where giving him more but not needed no more and your 100% correct, no dieing from cancer.

Now on to you fsc,

What you have done for your husband under the circumstances you faced was overwhelming for anyone. Your tenacity and love for your husband is amazing. From growing to making his oil, nursing a stubborn mule :) and keeping everything else up to say the least is amazing. There is no doubt who his guardian angle was. I only hope all the readers from around the world can learn from your experience you went through. Now you guys can trust the oil 420%. Do so as it covers everything from A-Z.

Migraines will gone with the thc/cbd 2-1 blend. Mo has severe migraines (the week ones) and no longer. With all the anxiety you guys have had waiting for the results didn't help. Now its your turn fsc. Time for you to get your health back. Ween off those meds or Hubby will be taking care of you :). You better not be a stranger around here! Your a SPECIAL person fsc and can see why you where a professional nurse. Here is to a long healthy life for you two :high-five:
ps how did these testimonials end up in the making the oil section? How to use the oil I would think?

:circle-of-love:

Mo & Motoco

Peace

Back
Top Bottom