Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

It works! :slide:

Pretty small amount by many standards but easily the biggest pile of dry sift I’ve ever made. It’s from a very small amount of Auto Amnesia Haze trim (has been in the freezer a few weeks now, some may remember ;) )

2F220746-CC68-4C8A-9693-C59C9A676E95.jpeg

Lots of trich stems, hairs and a bit of plant matter (and a few contaminants), so not even close to pure, but it is lovely.

22AB9DC5-1E27-4160-ABC6-3E9A2E82CC4F.jpeg

I warmed it a bit and it rolled nicely into a little ball.
B01DBAE6-7E98-4258-8518-5D36160CD924.jpeg

it is extremely tasty :drool: in the VB11 Pen :ganjamon:

The Bubba Hash trim is in the little drysifter in the freezer. That’ll be a Sunday shake n bake!

:thanks: dynamo

That reminds me that I have a dry vape pen. I wasn't thinking of dry hash ... :thumb:

I should sift some out and try it.

That reminds me that I have a dry vape pen. I wasn't thinking of dry hash ... :thumb:

I should sift some out and try it.

I don’t know if the result is dry - just the process. Now that I’ve warmed it and rolled it into the ball, it behaves very much like soft hash. But even the dry keif I’ve used before (without pressing) gets gooey and sticky in the dry herb vape and I need to have some herb in there with it.

Wow - this is very delicious. The plant (amn. haze auto) smelled like icecream while growing and there’s definiteley an element of that flavour in the hash toke. Yummy! Can’t wait to sift that Bubba Hash trim!
:bongrip:

Bubba Hash post harvest report and final update...​

:ganjamon: The Stoke is Deep :ganjamon:

At the start of this grow, my hope was for around 4oz from each of the 7gal pots and while Candida CD-1 was a little bit under, Bubba Hash has more than made up for it!

Top nugs:
72D1B533-BA7B-41C2-A64F-B45595D90F3E.jpeg

Lower nugs:
E4145E84-DEA5-499C-9C9D-81EEA8F79C76.jpeg

I weighed it all about 3 times because I keep thinking something must be wrong :D

Adding to that about 5grams that I’ve consumed and given away this last week, I can safely say that Bubba Hash #1 weighed in at 5.5oz. :slide: I left a lot of lowers because I wanted to get an idea of how this light performs and it hasn’t disappointed - these lower nugs are really dense and hard.

Smells are insanely beautiful zesty lemon/lime overtones on a pretty chocolatey earthy base. There’s something floral too, which I’ve just today discovered is lime blossom - our lime tree is flowering and the smell of those blossoms is definitely the floral I can smell in the Bubba Hash aroma!

I love the toke from it a lot and it seems to suit my medical needs really well. It eases a lot of hypertension, diffuses pain and allows me to be more restful. At night, a hit from the upper buds is a good sleep aid. I’m looking forward to what the dosing oil will be like.

I’m still to explore it’s Bubba Kush parentage, so it might be a while before I run it again, but Bubba Hash definitely gets a big tick next to it on my strain hunting list.
:thumb:

I ran some Bubba Hash trim through the keif sifter and made a nice little ‘almost-hash’ ball. I say almost hash because its pretty green, which means lots of plant matter in the mix. The trim was over dry with lots of crunchy and unfrosty leaf still in there - it’s still fun to look closely at tho!

34511985-5F44-4308-B965-A4BD12D780D5.jpeg

DE099BC1-2BFA-4FAA-AB22-125D573A3852.jpeg

1A54DF72-291A-4D8C-B1CA-828B69141444.jpeg

A half-gram ball of pressed keif!

Even tho it’s pretty contaminated it tastes fantastic, very chocolatey and closer to the hash I remember from the early 90s than anything else I’ve had since! I’m looking forward to doing a run with some of the buds and making sure there’s not much leaf in the mix when I do it. That will get me a much cleaner batch.

full

full

full

Wrapping up things for this run today I am super happy with both the journey and the outcome. Easilly the best quality I’ve turned out overall and Bubba Hash is quite possibly the best quality weed I’ve ever seen, smelled, tasted and felt!

From the general garden perspective, during this grow...
I tried and discovered that passive hydro in Coco is not for me, in any medium really, but the Canna nutes I used and the BioDeisel booster were ok and will be useful if extra is needed for future non-DBHBB grows and for unamended soil...​
I expanded/upgraded my light and think that is a roaring success. I’m so super happy with it, thanks again @Graytail for your mentorship :) I’ll say it every time!​
I tried the Uncle Ben’s topping technique (UBT) for the first time and will definitely do it again, probably everytime indoors unless I’m not topping at all. Simple and effective. I also want to make the thread with the original text like I posted on earlier in the journal, so it’s easy to find and easy to explain when folks ask. Hopefully I’ll have the energy for that soon...​
I upgraded my environmental controls and had much more stable conditions. The setup maybe needs some tweaking for late flower when things got hot for a while...​
I reinforced the knowledge that I need to start the indoor run with time for it to finish in mid September at the absolute latest. That means starting in late April - early May. (You read it here!)...​
I also learned a bit about space in the tent and fitting things in and that will set me up well for next time in this space...​
And last but not the least thing was that I had a great time taking pretty pictures of pretty plants, and sometimes that’s all it’s all about!​
The other thing it’s all about, of course, is this...

Tally of indoor garden produce 2019:
DDA d#3 Purple - 9.8g​
DDA d#3 Pink - 20.6g​
DDA d#4 Purple - 23.9g​
(DDA subtotal - 1.9oz)​
Auto Amnesia Haze - 1oz​
Auto Blueberry - 1.5oz​
Candida CD-1 (#2) - 3.5oz​
Bubba Hash (#1) - 5.5oz​

That’s 13.4 ounces of pretty premium bud (and a gram of pressed keif) in 3x3’ over 147 days from first sprout to final chop: 2.5grams per day. :hmmmm: I actually have no idea what that metric means to me because I have nothing to compare it to as far as my own indoor growing goes, but it seems like a good start!
:bongrip:

I’m going to report this journal cooked and let the mods move it to the finished forums when they get to it.

It’s been a hoot (and a toot!) having you all along for the ride, growing the grower with me. I’m super grateful for each and every one of you, for the different vibes and elements you all bring to my Gardning life!
:thanks:

A6F8D548-D281-4663-8FF3-031F3F3D9AEB.jpeg

:love:
:Namaste:

PPP has been usurped by PPG
I looked it up so you didn't have to: PPP is polymer called poly(p-phenylene) and PPG is Penile Plethysmography (bloodflow) . Not sure how one replaces the other though. :hmmmm:
:rofl: I saw PPP and my head went back to UNI and I couldn’t get past Purchasing Power Parity - a measure used in looking into global poverty...
I wonder how long Age will be entertained by leaving us dangling, trying to figure it out... :laughtwo:
Oh I'm sure he's doing something INTER...

ESTING!!!!!!!!!!!
PPP - puff puff pass

PPG - puff puff give

:passitleft:
:rofl: :passitleft:
Well, we really missed that one, eh Shed!? PPG indeed :Namaste:
life changing events on my side. I am doing well though and so is my daughter.
Super glad about that Age - and really glad you’ve had good post-event care too by the sounds of it. :thumb:

:thumb: Thanks Amy it has been a wonderful grow, I love :circle-of-love:your pictures and thorough explanations and attitude. Looking forward to the future:woohoo::love:

Thanks so much for saying so, sir :circle-of-love: I am looking forward as well :high-five:
Outstanding job Amy!! Congratulations on a great indoor grow! :bravo:
Thanks oh Heavenly one! Much enhanced by your company and insights my dear :passitleft:
:hug: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for a great journal to match the great journey. It's been a blast!
while Candida CD-1 was a little bit under, Bubba Hash has more than made up for it!
Certainly has! Well done, and it's always good when the top harvest is of the best plant :thumb:.
Smells are insanely beautiful zesty lemon/lime overtones on a pretty chocolatey earthy base. There’s something floral too, which I’ve just today discovered is lime blossom - our lime tree is flowering and the smell of those blossoms is definitely the floral I can smell in the Bubba Hash aroma!
I am so nose-blind compared to this :(
I need to start the indoor run with time for it to finish in mid September at the absolute latest. That means starting in late April - early May. (You read it here!)
When in April should we remind you?
That’s 13.4 ounces of pretty premium bud (and a gram of pressed keif) in 3x3’ over 147 days from first sprout to final chop: 2.5grams per day.
It may not be helpful this grow, but it might be the start of some interesting record-keeping going forward. Though I think it's more often used on a plant-by-plant basis to figure out which strains are the best use of time and money. If you do it on a total harvest basis, it's more about maximizing the space in the otherwise unused gaps between the plants.
Well, we really missed that one, eh Shed!?
We sure did, but how's a reader to know‽

Back
Top Bottom