Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

So Today makes day 10 of flowering and the girls are looking still amazing!

I noticed that they all have now started their flowering and all of them have nice white pistil formation growing larger and larger by the day. I actually even noticed some slight trichome development already on one of the plants! Wow at day 10! Amazing...

I have for the last few days been giving my plants some light nutrients with my watering, mostly cal/mag, some k and p and they seem to have been enjoying it and now for the next week it will be back to just strait water and cal/mag diet.

Here are today's photos!!

IMG_0007148.JPG
IMG_0008145.JPG
IMG_0009144.JPG
IMG_0011124.JPG
IMG_0012112.JPG
IMG_0013112.JPG
IMG_0014107.JPG
IMG_0016100.JPG
IMG_0017103.JPG

Congrats on the win MOTM :bravo:

and thanks for the answer, you did understand my question. :thumb::thumb:

Can you layout your water and feeding schedule out for me? I'm currious on what you mean by dialed in this round. I water once per week usually. And about a gallon in my 5 gallon sacks. Maybe I'm also over watering? I don't see any ill effects or anything. Just would like to maximise the potential as be i can. I do know that they are dry when i water, and i am using a meter to check, not just using the weight method. Another question on letting soil dry out: ive read that getting the soil too dry will stun and kill the mykos, microbes whatever you want to call them. And isn't that a bad thing for increasing brix? The same also holds true for over watering. Where is the balance?

Congratulations on being voted MotM!

Really Dude...who else could we have voted for but you?

:goodjob:

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let all of you know, that the Intelligent Gro LED discount of 15% will only be offered for 2 more weeks (until August 22, 2014) At this time the discount is going to be reduced to only 5%.

So, if you plan on getting Intelligent Gro panels at the best discount, you might want to consider getting them in the next 2 weeks.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to get the information you need. But just a heads up that the 15% discount will only be good for 2 more weeks.

To receive the discount you must log into the Intelligent Gro website shopping cart and enter your code "ICE15%LED". The discount code will not work if you are not logged in.

Dear everyone. I would like to take a few moments and express my condolences to Big Irish Dood's family as we all have lost a great friend, brother and member here at 420 magazine. Big Irish doode I considered one of my good buddies on here and really enjoyed knowing him through 420 Magazine for the past few years. His kindness, his knowledge, his happy go lucky attitude and his positive comments got me thought some tough times and I really appreciated the friendship that I had with him. I am deeply saddened by the news of his passing, and I want to offer my prayers and condolences to his friends and family. BID, my friend, you will be missed much and I am saddened that I will not be able to every chit chat with you again, or read any of your funny comments that would have me rolling over laughing. I will miss you my friend, and I hope that they have a nice garden area for you u in heaven to grow some of that heavely dankness :) Save some for me when I arrive buddy! Rest in Peace Big Irish Doode!

Today is day 12 of flowering...

I am very shocked of the news that tonight brings and so I said a few nice words to the universe, rolled up a fatty blunt and put some in the air for our fallen brother. I wanted to be sad about it all, but thinking of BID and what he would say.... he would say some off the wall stuff to cheer me up because that's the type of person he was and he always wanted people to be happy and laugh... so I had to get into my garden and spend time with my girls and just enjoy the peacefulness of it as I reflected on the shock of it all as I shared the blunt with thoughts of BID. You have helped me a lot through these years man, and I appreciate your friendship! You will always be remembered and may your passed knowledge live on and help many more patients as you always shared your goodness with the world.

While I was in my garden, the girls looked thirsty and so I gave them some water. Its been a little hotter than normal this week so I think it contributed to them really sucking up a lot more water than normal. I am giving them now 2 1/2 cups a day and each day the soil is ready for another feeding :) For the remainder of this week, unless they show some kind of deficiency, I will continue to just give them the water and cal/mag with epsom salt.

Well here are the photos for today...

IMG_0002185.JPG
IMG_0003190.JPG
IMG_0004181.JPG
IMG_0005176.JPG
IMG_0006164.JPG
IMG_0007149.JPG
IMG_0008146.JPG
IMG_0009145.JPG
IMG_0010140.JPG
IMG_0011126.JPG
IMG_0012114.JPG
IMG_0013114.JPG
IMG_001998.JPG
IMG_002094.JPG

Great Update Ice :high-five:

State of the art frame and housing constructed with aluminum alloy and high strength plastic ensure a lightweight and durable lighting solution with superior heat dissipation. (most competitors LED lights use a steel casing which adds un-needed weight and poor heat dissipation, plus may rust quickly)

The lights are made with a very nice looking brushed aluminum which is great for helping to pull the heat away from the internal components.

Is steel not good for heat dissipation too? i'm not sure but that seems incorrect.

Anyway, how do these intelligent gro 2 panels compare pricewise with the mars2 panels? I am looking for led's to start my first grow in a spare room of 3m2 by 4m2 and low electricity consumption is important for me as is a panel that gives you options to adjust to different situations, and i also prefer lights that can be used for all the stages of seed to bud.

State of the art frame and housing constructed with aluminum alloy and high strength plastic ensure a lightweight and durable lighting solution with superior heat dissipation. (most competitors LED lights use a steel casing which adds un-needed weight and poor heat dissipation, plus may rust quickly)

The lights are made with a very nice looking brushed aluminum which is great for helping to pull the heat away from the internal components.

Is steel not good for heat dissipation too? i'm not sure but that seems incorrect.

Anyway, how do these intelligent gro 2 panels compare pricewise with the mars2 panels? I am looking for led's to start my first grow in a spare room of 3m2 by 4m2 and low electricity consumption is important for me as is a panel that gives you options to adjust to different situations, and i also prefer lights that can be used for all the stages of seed to bud.

Hey,

So Aluminum at 25C has a thermal conductivity of 205 where as steel is only around 45 and Copper at 401. This is why many computer cooling systems are made with copper and aluminium as well as radiators on cars. Aluminum is much better for heat dissipation.

So as far as the lights, you would have to check the prices on both of their websites because I don't know off hand what they are, but Mars II are cheaper. Now with that being said, there is much more to lights than just the price, both lights are used in quite a few journals here so you can see the results. I have used both and so far with the intelligent Gro's I have gotten my best Gram/watt yield. So they use electricity more efficiently per gram of yield.

Both lights grew good buds, I can't say yet how these Generation 2 lights are going to do since I still am in early flowering, but they are brighter than the generation 1 which gave me the high g/watt ratio so I have high hopes..

Since the Generation 2 light are brighter, what wattage are they drawing and how does that result compare with the Generation 1 light?

I wonder if we should base our expectations of a lights' cannabis production efficiency on the lights actual wattage drawn rather than it's advertised wattage. The advertised wattage typically appears to promote the use of LEDs because they are more energy efficient (with the additional benefit of reduced heat output per watt of electrical input). I suggest that more valuable data would be gleaned from comparing various types of lights while maintaining all lights within a narrow range of watts consumed.

I like your use of cannabis per watt because it focuses on the central aspect of the grow, which is cannabis production.

It seems that even the advertised wattage is greater than the actual draw. And it seems like it went up ~20 watts per modual as advertised. I'm curious as well of actual draw differences between gen1 and gen2

Since the Generation 2 light are brighter, what wattage are they drawing and how does that result compare with the Generation 1 light?

I wonder if we should base our expectations of a lights' cannabis production efficiency on the lights actual wattage drawn rather than it's advertised wattage. The advertised wattage typically appears to promote the use of LEDs because they are more energy efficient (with the additional benefit of reduced heat output per watt of electrical input). I suggest that more valuable data would be gleaned from comparing various types of lights while maintaining all lights within a narrow range of watts consumed.

I like your use of cannabis per watt because it focuses on the central aspect of the grow, which is cannabis production.

As far as the wattage actual draw, if I can remember right I think the draw was exactly the same... around 172-180W per panel (270w model)

Most LED manufacturers label their products oddly at the amount of watts the unit could be if driven at 100% (intelligent gro) and many others name their lights after the HID equivalant (mars II). I wish LED manufacturers would just label them by the actual power draw and do away with all the confusion and terms that aren't equal. If a light draws 180w, then call it a 180w light...lol.

I always base my Gram/watt off the actual draw and not the "advertised draw" because its more accurate.

Yeah I agree with you that if we stay comparing LED lights in the same actual draw wattages it will lead us to more accurate comparisons...

It seems that even the advertised wattage is greater than the actual draw. And it seems like it went up ~20 watts per modual as advertised. I'm curious as well of actual draw differences between gen1 and gen2

Ok so I went back through my journals, just to make sure of the actual draws...Here is what I got...

Gen 1 171W
Gen 1 166W
Gen 2 171 w
Gen 2 174w
Gen 2 172W

So it seems that the difference between the actual draw of gen 1 to gen 2 is roughly the same....

I think the reason of the 20W difference is the Potential of wattage, as the gen 2 I believe has more chips in the Cob than the gen 1. But the draws are the same.

The brightness/umol probably has to do with the different wavelength chips used between the 2 models and how they are driven.

So last night I was up chatting with Curso and he mentioned Brix and reminded me I was going to take brix readings, so I got to it and pulled a leaf off each plant.

The leaf I took for the sample was a mature leaf about 4-5 nodes down from the top of the plant (as I typically do) .

So the Brix levels I currently am at

Mystery kush- around 20-21
Harlequin- 14-15 brix
Black Cherry Cola 15-16 brix.

Sweet!! definitely in that high brix realm!!!

I also gave the girls a feeding of bloomit, carboload and organic b with added yucca after doing the brix tests.

DSC096711.JPG
DSC09672.JPG
DSC09674.JPG

Excellent readings, Ice! :thumb:

Is the Kush near finish? 20-21 is a little out of range. You should snip off a piece of bud and read that. I just chopped a Carnival that read 24/21/20 from the leaf matter, but 15/16 from a healthy bud. I also recently discovered that high heat will skew readings high - as much as 20%. I was getting 20+ brix from healthy leaves, but room temps had been 85+.

Excellent readings, Ice! :thumb:

Is the Kush near finish? 20-21 is a little out of range. You should snip off a piece of bud and read that. I just chopped a Carnival that read 24/21/20 from the leaf matter, but 15/16 from a healthy bud. I also recently discovered that high heat will skew readings high - as much as 20%. I was getting 20+ brix from healthy leaves, but room temps had been 85+.

Hey Graytail..yeah the buds aren't big enough to snip one off and try it yet...but I would think it is safe to say the readings are probably pretty close to accurate. I've hit 20's in the past on a few grows, so I definitely know its possible to do. So your readings you report are always the buds,, or the leaves? I always read that the leaves is where you want to test the brix, but now that you mention buds it makes me think, since with fruits and veggies we test the actual fruit... so it would make sense to actually test our buds... hmm.. I will have to try this in a week or 2 when the buds get bigger...

My temps lately have been around 83 F above the canopy, and around 86F under the canopy, but no signs of any heat stresses, probably due to the added CO2.

I will check them again in a week or 2 to see if they change, that will l give me an idea how on point they were or not... I do have to say as far as the visual signals, the leaff posture, neon stems, shiny leaves, they definitely are in the upper brix realm :)

Hey everyone.... as you all may have heard, we here at 420 Magazine have lost one of our own tragically and unexpectedly yesterday and I am still at a loss for words and in shock. BigIrishDoode was loved by so many here, a friend to many and spread joy, laughter, good vibes, amazing growing knowledge and contributed so much to the 420 community. I ask that you all take a moment to pray for his family, loved ones and friends and send strength, positivity and support. BID....you were an amazing person, a friend and I will miss ya my friend! I hope that you are enjoying hanging with the Metal Gods and getting your heavenly garden ready to spread joy whereever you may be :)

Back
Top Bottom