Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

I got my massive shipment of supplies. I'm going to start using Voodoo juice and b-52 in the totes, both AN nutrients. I will use kangaroots until res change then start using voodoo juice. I already added some b-52 for stalk and stem growth. They wanted me to add over 90 mls per tote. I only have 500 mls :eek:
I also got boomerang "bounce-back/ recovery" formula from FF. I'll use it when watering my 3 gallon nitrogen toxicity plants

I'm interested to see how B 52 works out for you in your res, I have some but have never used it with my Dwc plants.
I also put 10 mls of b-52 in my FF buckets. I'll also be using some for my older quadline plant to help it stretch to the edges of the pot. I'm not sure how much of an effect I will get. they want almost 10 mls a gallon. :rofl: I'm only putting in 5, max.
The suggested for the totes was 96, but I only put in 40 for Randy and 20 for CP and NL.

I hope voodoo juice is as good as kangaroots, because the roots in my FF buckets are exploding

Some of these supplemental nutes are indeed, arguably not necessary to achieve harvest, and they tend to cost more than the base nutes. or sometimes you need to use a lot more than the base nute. ( like 96 ml of b-52 in 48ml of base :rofl: )
But honestly, if I see results I'm looking for from a nute, It's worth the extra cost to me. Of course, that's up to every grower and his/ her wallet.
So I bought a lot of supplemental/ extra nutes that will (hopefully) enhance performance/ yield in their designated area. I'll break it down by brand. note, I'm not using GH flora series in any grows right now, but it doesn't hurt to have tools in the bag.

Advanced nutrient supplements

Bud candy - provides plants with carbohydrates for sugar production in flower
B-52 - provides a vitamin boost for stalk and stem growth It also makes your plant more durable. In other words, they can withstand more stresses, like heat/cold and humid/dry.
Voodoo Juice - root enhancer (the same as kangaroots, just AN's version. I figured it would combine better with ph perfect)
Fox Farm supplements
Bushdoctor boomerang - recovery enhancer for abused, stressed, or sick plants. (also requires a ridiculous amount of tsp/gal.)
Bushdoctor kangaroots (with a questionably racist bottle label
:rofl:
)
- I'm already using this as some of you may know. it's a root system enhancer with (rather smelly) bacteria to promote root growth
General Hydroponics supplements
Rapidstart rooting formula - root enhancer again, same as kangaroots and voodoo juice, but this is much more concentrated. it costs a surprising amount for a small bottle.
Liquid koolbloom - enhances nutrient transport. enhances the production of oils and flavors :yummy:

That's all. Now I need more base nutes, I'm running low on AN ph perfect: grow.
Some of these nutes are Veg only, or Bloom only. Only a few like bud candy are recommended during the whole grow. I don't think I'll use it during veg. I also don't see a need to use b-52 in mid or late flower, I suppose it all depends on the plant. All of the root enhancers are veg only. please correct me if you guys do different.
I just wanted to break these nutes down so you guys know why and when I'm using them. I'll reference these nutes in the future
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

The bucket plants are still exploding in growth! their stalks and stems have hearty nodes packed with nutrient stores. hopefully, they develop into pistils and not balls
R indica has a very hearty stem already. and R hybrid is stretching its stalks. Maybe b-52 is making a difference.

The bucket plants are still exploding in growth! their stalks and stems have hearty nodes packed with nutrient stores. hopefully, they develop into pistils and not balls
R indica has a very hearty stem already. and R hybrid is stretching its stalks. Maybe b-52 is making a difference.
Hey Red, I want to ask you about something I've been hearing, not sure if it's true at all. I'm hearing that a lot of autoflowers go hermie. Do you know if there is any truth to that?

Hey Red, I want to ask you about something I've been hearing, not sure if it's true at all. I'm hearing that a lot of autoflowers go hermie. Do you know if there is any truth to that?
hmm. i haven't had any autoflowers in flower yet, but I would imagine that would only happen if you exposed them to light during their dark cycle. maybe I'm wrong. I have a slightly mutated (photo, not auto) cherry blossom CBD that might have just been born hermie, or just a harmless mutation. However, some autoflowers can be grown under 24/0 of light, like the sour 60 I'll be growing soon. I can't see it being a major issue.

edit: I have read about some autoflowers being born hermies. but it's probably possible to weed them out like the males in order to not deal with them

hmm. i haven't had any autoflowers in flower yet, but I would imagine that would only happen if you exposed them to light during their dark cycle. However, some autoflowers can be grown under 24/0 of light, like the sour 60 I'll be growing soon. I can't see it being a major issue.
Yeah, sounds like someone just wanted to seem like they knew what they were talking about. It wasn't here, it was on another site where I was looking up info.

Yeah, sounds like someone just wanted to seem like they knew what they were talking about. It wasn't here, it was on another site where I was looking up info.
I bookmark a regularly updated Reddit post that lists all fake/ counterfeit brands of cartridges out there so I can educate myself and my friends. People are VERY toxic there. I couldn't be a member. :eek:

It's not because they contain ruderalis genetics. If a strain is prone to hermies that's on the the breeder for selecting subquality plants.

On 24/0 vs 20/4 etc... Plants do enjoy a period of reduced lighting. That doesn't mean it has to be pitch black but they do like a chance to rest up for the next day.

DLI is daily light integral, it's how much light the plant has absorbed through the course of exposure. A very rough approximation would be 10hours at 1000w is the same as 20 hours at 500w.

At some point with big enough lights and long enough exposure you'll reach the spot where they start to rest on their own accord during daylight hours. At that point your wasting photons because the plant has reduced it's canopy and isn't trying to use all the energy it's collecting.

Your not really going to hurt too much by running more light than they need expect your wallet.

It's not because they contain ruderalis genetics. If a strain is prone to hermies that's on the the breeder for selecting subquality plants.

On 24/0 vs 20/4 etc... Plants do enjoy a period of reduced lighting. That doesn't mean it has to be pitch black but they do like a chance to rest up for the next day.

DLI is daily light integral, it's how much light the plant has absorbed through the course of exposure. A very rough approximation would be 10hours at 1000w is the same as 20 hours at 500w.

At some point with big enough lights and long enough exposure you'll reach the spot where they start to rest on their own accord during daylight hours. At that point your wasting photons because the plant has reduced it's canopy and isn't trying to use all the energy it's collecting.

Your not really going to hurt too much by running more light than they need expect your wallet.
Thanks, Turbo! Very informative indeed.

Interesting. So If I run this sour 60 auto and I don't have a dimmer, I'm better off just setting it to 20/4? might use my 600w light for that and swap it out if need be. I'm probably going to put it in a DWC bucket in a 2x4 tent. the only plant in there. new420guy said that sour 60 performs best under 24/0, but I'll take turbo's word.

I thought I'd share this with you guys: my @New420Guy Seeds order.

Jedi glue - I'm planning a 5-gallon DWC bucket grow with this. Just one bucket. I don't have enough space.
Sour 60 - can't wait to give this baby 20/4 in its own space, also a DWC 5 gallon bucket.
Sour plum - free strain! This is the lucky strain I will put in the last available spot in my DWC totes.

Thanks paul!

I thought I'd share this with you guys: my @New420Guy Seeds order.

Jedi glue - I'm planning a 5-gallon DWC bucket grow with this. Just one bucket. I don't have enough space.
Sour 60 - can't wait to give this baby 20/4 in its own space, also a DWC 5 gallon bucket.
Sugar plum - free strain! This is the lucky strain I will put in the last available spot in my DWC totes.

Thanks paul!
That ought to keep you busy for a while. :high-five:

hmmm
Sour plum - free strain! This is the lucky strain I will put in the last available spot in my DWC totes.
I just realized I'm going to have to time this really closely. I have 2 seedlings in one tote (CP and NL) they're running light week 1 nutes with kangaroots and z7. but randy is on week 3 nutes in the other tote by himself. AN nute schedules level out after week 4. That means I'll have to move CP or NL in with Randy when I think they can handle the nutes, then I need to replace it with a sour plum that's strong enough to handle the CP and NL week 2 or 3 nutes. It sounds like a headache. Maybe I should throw this seed in a gro block ASAP? or wait a bit?

Randy: back left
Northern Lights: right
Critical Purple: front left

(note: I moved NL and CP together, now randy is alone)

Any ideas?

Update 5-17-2020
Rainy day all day here. not much to do but smoke and watch over the plants. Heres some update on what has happened.
- I topped big cherry blossom CBD maybe too early. I was worried I accidentally fimmed the small little node growth but I was relieved when they grew a bit after.
- the two Jackie's are growing steady. They are gonna be dry by tomorrow, so I'll put them in 1 gallon pots.
- Randy got a res change. I used the last of my AN grow. I used some FF hydroponic grow. nutes used:
70ml of AN micro
about 60ml of AN grow (dumped the rest of the bottle in)
70 ml of AN bloom
premixed ph down and z7
30 ml of b-52
30 ml of voodoo juice
10 ml of FF hydro grow
PPM came out to about 1000. should be 1000-1200. Randy was a little sick from the res change taking too long. thanks to me. once he grows a bit more and the ppm lowers, I might add more FF hydro grow. I might also top up b-52 and voodoo juice. the schedule still calls for at least 60mls more of each!
- CP has surfaced and is stretching to the light but NL is taking its time.
- I'm dechlorinating 8 gallons right now for tomorrow's res change of the 5-gallon buckets.
- I'm going to have to be careful with what I plant now, I'm running out of space.
Picture Time
Super proud of these pics. I wish I could enter them in a contest​

They look so happy and even R indica might need some cal-mag. some lower leaves are twisting. it could have been a light hotspot from the mylar, but its always waiving a bit in the fan air. so I turned the bucket lids 180 degrees to even out light uptake.

Kangaroots is no joke, folks. Check that out! :yahoo:
R hybrid clone. basically dead.
All the soil plants are slowly moving in the right direction: up and out!

That's all for now, thanks for reading.
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom