Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

Yes I am currently using the Fox Farms trio in DWC. Started using it from seed and I am currently in flower now. My next run I will be switching nutrients and using the GH Flora series to see how they do.
96371556_222882545675621_1673671703537909760_n.jpg

How much actual watt draw is it though?
less than 1000. there's only 2 lights now.
Yes I am currently using the Fox Farms trio in DWC. Started using it from seed and I am currently in flower now. My next run I will be switching nutrients and using the GH Flora series to see how they do.
96371556_222882545675621_1673671703537909760_n.jpg
I just got kangaroots, I'm excited to start adding it to the mix.
Edit: just added 10 ml each of that bacterial goodness into the 5 gallon dwc's
their ppm is running a bit high but I diluted and added some AN nutes earlier today. I think I'm just going to stick with FF in the 5 gallon DWC's and switch to AN in the totes, and use FF and FFOF exclusively for soil here on out.

Now I got all these extra GH nutes, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them. I have GH rapidstart and GH calmag (gonna use that in everything) on its way so maybe I'll just add one bucket with GH nutes, hate to see them gather dust in a corner.

Will I have to re-ph the FF solution for soil? or will the FFOF take care of that?

Also, I talked to @ProfessorFlora and @Rifleman maybe you can help too @Rich Farmer
I switched my totes from GH to AN nutes and the ph perfect will help me stay sane. Rifleman said there would be no problem switching companies like that.

My question is, when I change from AN nutes in soil to FF nutes should I immediately put them in pots of FFOF then feed them FF nutes? will this give them nutrient/ transplant shock?

No worries, nitrogen is nitrogen no matter who sells it to you.
"if it looks like S*** and smells like S***, Chances are it's probably S***" :rofl:

Update: 5-11-2020
Few brewskies, few dabs, few bowls later I'm here to give you my hopefully typo-free update. Judging from the way I typed the first sentence, it's gonna be tough. (thanks Grammarly) :rofl: :blunt::roorrip:

I decided to change the path of a few things. here are the bullet points:
- Totes will now use AN ph perfect. thanks to @Rifleman :thanks: A few more AN nutes are on the way. more hydroton clay pebbles on the way for the second tote. gonna have to get another tote just to use as a dechlorination rez
- My soil grows formerly used (3-gallon pots still do) black gold soil and AN ph perfect nutes. All soil grows will now use FFOF, and to pair best with that I will use FF nutes and FF kangaroots for sturdy mf root balls :blunt:
I'll include the FF soil schedule in the pics section.
I'll be ignoring the "feed twice per week" and just following @Emilya 's instructions to just water when light/dry. And I'll water properly, of course :blunt:
- My two 5 gallon DWC buckets will continue to use FF nutes. I can manage the PH chasing if the plants are willing for more ph swings than mood swings from a pubescent teen :rofl:
- I have a lot of hydroponic shipments coming this week and next so I'll update you guys on all the cool stuff I get.
Picture time
FF soil.PNG
I'll start the older plants on week two and the smaller plants on week 1
Not many pics. Here's how I was keeping my AN nutes mixed. Still might use this in the future. This is a sh**** air stone I regret buying. I have better cylinders coming.

I was concerned about the yellow new growth on my quadline plant, but it's actually stretching out its top leaves and soaking up light. When it's drier and I'm ready, I'll put it in another 3-gallon pot but with FFOF. same with its failed LST sibling. I hope that one peps up its new growth or it's out the door. :rip:

Thanks for all the new folks joining in, and to all the people that helped me in my crazy, cannabis-fueled decision-making process in the past few days :thanks::love:
As always, we: Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Ill hang around if you don’t mind. I do enjoy hydro. I’m growing in rdwc. Looks like there a lot going on. I’tll be interesting to see how it all works out for you! Happy growing!
I'm glad to have you. I've been fascinated about RDWC but I worry about algae or mold. I'll check out your journals for sure. :thanks: :blunt: :passitleft:

Update 5-12-2020
My high a** just remembered I have 1-gallon fabric pots.
from now on my soil grows life cycle is as follows:
- seedling in dome
- 1-gallon fabric pot
- 2-gallon fabric pot
- 3-gallon fabric pot
- chop
- smoke
- repeat
I only have 3 critical purple seeds and I'm sure one is a dud. I place a brand new one right in a Gro block with Randy in the tote DWC. If it can't sprout in a moist, nutrient-rich, oxygen-rich, slightly humid environment then I don't know what to do.
My northern lights sprouted! unlike CP. it's about an inch tall. once more hydroton clay pebbles get here, I'll put it in a new tote with Randy and CP
Both Jackie's sprouted. I will grow them both in FFOF soil. They are about a half an inch tall. I lowered the light a bit because Quadline wanted more light and so did the seedlings.
Picture Time!
This is the FF soil schedule I'll be using in my FFOF soil grows from now on.
Too stoned to take pictures, not much has changed.
Big Cherry Blosson CBD is almost ready for a 3-gallon pot! When it's dry, (soon, it's drinking so much) I'll up-pot it.
Small Cherry Blossom CBD has come to her senses a bit in the 1-gallon FFOF pot. she's stretching a bit and laying down her first true set. She clearly was either drowning or N-tox, or ph imbalance. Or all 3 probably. She'll come to her senses in FFOF I hope.
remember both of these plants are the same age! born on 4-20-20. one just got the short end of the stick I guess.
Quadline is stretching her leaves again! I can see the root system recovering slowly. When it's dry and I'm ready, I'll feed it FF nutes and switch to a FFOF 3-gallon pot.
Failed LST is hardly recovering. Better catch up.
That's all for now folks. Thanks for reading.
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Update 5-12-2020
My high a** just remembered I have 1 gallon fabric pots.
from now on my soil grows life cycle is as follows:
- seedling in dome
- 1 gallon fabric pot
- 2 gallon fabric pot
- 3 gallon fabric pot
- chop
- smoke
- repeat
I only have 3 critical purple seeds and I'm sure one is a dud. I place a brand new one right with Randy in the tote DWC. If it can sprout in a nutrient-rich, oxygen-rich, slightly humid environment then I don't know what to do.
My northern lights sprouted! unlike CP. it's about an inch tall. once more hydroton clay pebbles get here, I'll put it in a new tote with Randy and CP
I have a feeling you may find that life cycle a bit tedious to keep up! That’s a lot of transplanting when not really necessary. Seedling dome to final home if you have space and it’s feasible for you would be best. Less stress, less time being handled, less room for mistakes. Keeping things nice, simple and relaxed is the best bet with these plants. Very hearty plants but also temperamental :). Just my 2c is all! Happy growing!

Photo Update: 5-12-2020
Ok I finally got myself up to take some pics. I'll run through a quick update after each photo. Enjoy.
This is what I will call R Indica. Or Random indica in the 5 Gallon DWC
There's also R hybrid which you will meet below.

This is 3w old Cherry Blossom CBD

This is my recovering quadline plant. I love its renewed happiness. :thanks:
my two "Jackie" seeds sprouted yesterday, I'm giving it more water and more light today. Here they are next to R indica (back) and R hybrid (front)
Here is my Northern lights seed that sprouted. :slide: I coated it in rooting powder and plopped it in a gro block.
a look at the R indica roots
a look at the R hybrid roots
I emergency down-potted to a 2-gallon pot. this time with FFOF instead of black gold. Yes, down-pot. I'm now going to let the plant soak up the moisture in its root ball and in the FFOF then when super dry I will feed it ph'd FF nutes. I also have about 80% FFOF and 20% perlite to help with aeration.
I hope you recover, dear. :love:
ahem I'd like to point out that my environment has been within my target (on the notecard) for the past 24 hours :cough:
My lovely twins.

- I forgot to take a picture of the tote closet but I have Randy (random unknown) with a Critical Purple seed in 1 tote with my 2000w LED
- The AN nutes are putting in work, ph is stable and EC/ PPM is steadily falling with the water. :thumb:
Grow On Blaze on Folks :blunt:

I ain't drunk I only had a frew brews
- Kanye West

Back
Top Bottom