Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

Weekend Update 5-9-2020
Just got my 24 qts of fox farm ocean soil. I'm excited about the 6.0-6.5 ph adjusted soil putting in nutrient sucking work! I might just have to repot my 3 gallon plants to help in their recovery.

I'm working all weekend so there probably won't be an update until later. not much to do to the plants but watch em grow and dry out. fed the 2w almost 3w old CBD plant because she was dry and has been drinking so much. that's about it.
Grow on blaze on :blunt:
Kudos on holding down 2 jobs. Growing can feel like a never-ending shift. I'm almost caught up on your journal, learning a lot about hydro growing, and fantasizing about the day I might be able to give it a shot financially. You're doing a great job, Red, and the guidance you're receiving is top notch.

So here's a stupidity update. my second one of this journal. probably more
I learned from @Rifleman the importance of calibrating your tools. so I picked up my ph pen not knowing how to calibrate it. then I calibrated it FAR from 7.00 ph then I had to give it some water I guess was around 7.00 :rofl:
I have 7.00 calibration fluid on its way. :rofl:
oh well, won't happen again.

I killed the random lady that didn't respond to LST. I was expecting her to bounce back after I topped her but she's droopy as ever. RIP. No space for her with the DWC buckets. I put one of two CBD seedlings in its place but didn't water it yet because they're about to go to sleep. more updates when they wake up. Here's some pics

notice the difference between my soil (black gold) and the espoma seed starter. :blunt: Grow on Blaze on.
Knowing what I know now I could have saved this plant. Oh well, that's what learning is for. :blunt:

Knowing what I know now I could have saved this plant. Oh well, that's what learning is for. :blunt:

Don't sweat the mistakes. We all make them, and others can learn from them. I'd be surprised to run a grow and not learn something new. :hmmmm: It's a never ending journey. :passitleft:

Don't sweat the mistakes. We all make them, and others can learn from them. I'd be surprised to run a grow and not learn something new. :hmmmm: It's a never ending journey. :passitleft:
That's for true! It never ends. I see running into problems as the most beneficial part of the grow. Not for the plant but for the grower. Most people focus on what their supposed to do but forget knowing what not to do is just as important. But I like to learn the hard way lol

Yes I am currently using the Fox Farms trio in DWC. Started using it from seed and I am currently in flower now. My next run I will be switching nutrients and using the GH Flora series to see how they do.
96371556_222882545675621_1673671703537909760_n.jpg
Try mega crop mate. Brilliant stuff and a whole lot more cost effective too. I swear by it now after years of pissing around with my pockets being emptied for miracle products !!!. The trio are good tbh and if I wasnt a convert to MC , I would use that too.

Try mega crop mate. Brilliant stuff and a whole lot more cost effective too. I swear by it now after years of pissing around with my pockets being emptied for miracle products !!!. The trio are good tbh and if I wasnt a convert to MC , I would use that too.
I'll definitely have to check MC out because I hear a lot of people talking about it.

I'll definitely have to check MC out because I hear a lot of people talking about it.
I cant sing its praises enough mate. Easy to use and so damn good to. One mix and no other stuff needed for a great grow for peanuts in money spent. I havent even had to ph so far and I am on 2nd to last flower week . Not saying you dont have to but it is less of a worry as the way the plant uses MC is slightly different than having to separate it from the notes needed. This means less of a waste sodium into the water/soil/coco. I am so glad I changed

I cant sing its praises enough mate. Easy to use and so damn good to. One mix and no other stuff needed for a great grow for peanuts in money spent. I havent even had to ph so far and I am on 2nd to last flower week . Not saying you dont have to but it is less of a worry as the way the plant uses MC is slightly different than having to separate it from the notes needed. This means less of a waste sodium into the water/soil/coco. I am so glad I changed
interesting. what does your tap water ph come out to? mine comes out between 7.3-7.6

I just quadlined my two 5 gallon DWC's. I couldn't have done it without help from the #quadsquad.
I'll wait until tomorrow to show you guys some cool bounce-back photos

Thanks. I will probably give it a go after next run. I am dialed in for soil but DWC is a whole different ball game. Is there a certain kind of MC?

I got more clay pebbles 2 days early! I washed them and added them to some net pots. Randy in the tote has roots popping out! he's praying pretty hard!
Still waiting see if Critical Purple will crack open. I made sure it was pointy-side down in the gro block
Now that I have enough clay pebbles, tomorrow I'll set up my second tote and put Northern lights in it. :blunt:
I'll choose one lucky strain from my new420guy shipment to go in the last spot in the tote closet... :hmmmm:
Edit: What do you guys think of this net pot from HTG supply? apparently you put your rockwool/ grow block on top of that cylinder and its supposed to create a stronger root system? Any substance to this @BubbleBucketz @TurboBucket ?
Description of lid on site:
Not just another bucket lid! The RHIZOCORE’s revolutionary design creates big, strong root zones that are impressive. The secret to the RHIZOCORE’s success is the inverted core that allows a channel of air bubbles directly come in to contact with the base of the plant. This channel of highly oxygenated water also helps to train the roots out the sides of the basket instead of down the center of the basket. The increases air flow creates bigger, stronger, more robust root zones. The RHIZOCORE Basket has just changed the way people DWC! – Holds approximately 1.5 liters of grow medium.
1589408105051.png

Here's a quick update. I got my buckets and set them up. my lack of patience made me plant 2 random females into gro-blocks included, then I just placed them in one of the domes without the 6 cell insert. I'll post pics when they sprout.
Here's my first space struggle, but I have a half-empty flower closet and a tent on standby. still waiting for the seeds. probably at least another week.

On the other hand, the cherry blossom CBD almost outgrew the dome within 24 hrs of sprouting.
I pretty much ate my words from the first post

I had to water them last night because the shorter one was falling over from dehydration. I guess they drank it all! she popped back up in no time. I'm probably giving them more water next time they wake.
I learned about pot elevators the other day on a thread. I think I'm going to get some cookie cooling racks but until then I just flipped over the bottom of my dome to keep the bottom of my fabric pots vented. you can see this in the above pic.
Thanks for reading, I'd like to see what these people think: @Pennywise @Cannagrowerled @InTheShed @BubbleBucketz @Virgin Ground
I've learned a lot from you folks and I'm curious about your opinion.
I love the plant elevators. They help me get an even canopy no matter what size or age the plants are.

I love the plant elevators. They help me get an even canopy no matter what size or age the plants are.
saw someone on here use old refrigerator shelves on 2x4's :rofl:
I might try that.
Or just make it easy on myself and buy some pot elevators.

Update 5-14-2020
It might be the next day for you folks but there still needs to be an update on the 14th. I got my Mylar in today and set it up in both closets.
I watered/ fed with week 3 FF soil nutes the following
Big & Small Cherry Blossom CBD
Failed LST plant

I was planning a rez change today for my 5-gallon DWC's but I changed it too recently, and they're growing great, ph is stable and EC/PPM is decreasing steadily.
Rez changes will happen tomorrow.

Critical purple has cracked its seed alongside Randy in the tote. They're in need of a rez change soon, it's starting to smell gross. However, the AN ph perfect is pretty darn perfect. I can see why you guys rarely check your ph. its always in a good range.

Tomorrow I'll set up my second tote. Northern lights will go in there.

That's all I can think of. But I'm always editing stuff in. :rofl:
Picture Time
rainy morning for watering. but I loved it. :blunt:

I promised you guys bounceback pictures of my quadline #QuadSquad

Both look so great. :love:
The kangaroots is really putting in work in the buckets.

hopefully, they adapt well to the FF nutes

Not sure if I posted this or not... too stoned. it's a clone from the quadlined hybrid. I should check on that clone...
Thanks for reading, folks.

Edit: I don't have a picture yet of the mylar in my closet but all future pictures will have that beautiful mirror cloth in the background. It looks super cool. :yummy:
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

So many roots in the 5-gallon DWC's this morning! SO many roots! I have to attribute this to Kangaroots & a growth burst from quadlining. :hmmmm:
It's time to change the res but PPM and Ph are on point and the plants are thriving so I think I can put it off for a few days. Right? I feel like I need to love tag @MochaBud @Rich Farmer :love:

Update 5-15-2020
Shout out to @candycane and @Grim Creeper for catching up on the journal, I hope you guys take my advice but don't copy my actions until we know I didn't eff something up. :rofl:
Updates
- topped off Randy and critical purple with 2 qt of pre-ph'd and pre-z7'd rez water
- I decided I'm going to ballpark ph and treat my res water with z7. I have to keep some buckets outside during dechlorination and some leaves and dander are getting in. I used an empty net pot as a pool net scooper to get the larger leaves out. :rofl::surf: It worked pretty well. The z7 should help control the bacteria in the res and now I know all of my plants are getting healthy water, even if it's a bit dirty.
- Critical purple officially popped its head out today (pic)
- I finally put northern lights in the second tote and gave it the following nutes: (pic)
Reminder: it's a 14-gallon tote with roughly 12 gallons of water. I measured most nutes for these small plants in the scale of x10 gallons instead of x12. If that makes sense, sorry I'm stoned.
5 ml of both parts z7 -- 40ml of micro grow bloom ph perfect from AN -- 30 ml of kangaroots from FF
- Found a possible mutation on my small cherry blossom CBD (pic)
- I rolled my first backwood! ... And my second. :rofl:
- I topped Failed LST after letting it get used to its new FFOF soil and FF nutes. the leaves seem a bit happier, but we'll have to see if the nodes start growing.
- As I said in an earlier post, this kangaroots is making my 5-gallon DWC's explode! So many long hairy roots! The quadline probably helps.
- Kangaroots is making my totes smell funny, but it's also probably the z7 breaking down those leaves and keeping the bacteria in check.
- I'm putting off the 5G bucket res change for a few more days. They're just growing too well, and ph and PPM are on point! It's been about 7 days since my last rez change but I might wait up until the recommended 10-day limit.
That's all I can think of. I have more stuff to talk about in Picture Time
So this is critical purple. It looked like it was struggling to break free of its shell so I tried to help it with sterile tweezers. It held on a bit and I ended up taking a small piece of white plant with it. I hope it's ok. It hasn't officially popped its head over the gro block but I think it will.
Northern lights is 5 or 6 days old now and has its own tote, but not for long. definitely going to need better airstones for this closet.
Tote closet looks great. I can already see the SCROG net and the lush canopy.
So maybe this is why the small cherry blossom CBD is growing so much slower than its much larger twin...:hmmmm:
Is this a mutation? just a derpy seed? those yellow ribs around the top look like flowering sites, but they're actually tiny yellow leaves. I'm going to wait to see if it can stretch itself out of this mess but it seems pretty messed up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys think of the above photo. Thanks, everybody for reading. I'm going to enjoy my honey bourbon backwood with a chill glass of honey whiskey on this sunny day:blunt::love:

Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom