Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

I’m an EC guy myself. I used to use ppm but the prob with that is the fact that there are multiple conversion factors. Some pens like the ones from blue lab allow you to change between them so depending on the factor you could have a ppm of lets say 300 but with the other factor it will read 420ppm. (Not exactly but ya get my drift). But that’s why EC is great. It’s the baseline.
1767BC7E-44FB-4D35-80DD-11714EC92DF8.png

Here’s another pic for ec reference posted by Dinafem Seeds
99B40527-FC71-4422-BAF4-2CB412AF7BF1.jpeg

Adjust accordingly to your specific strains/pheno needs

My meter reads 700 scale ppm unfortunately
Check out blue lab. I’m about to pick up their ec pen. They have some really nice stuff

So I just recorded it again. it says 1171 for EC and 585 for PPM but that chart up there has decimals.
is my reading closest to the 1.1 EC and 550 PPM line under Hanna?
still trying to wrap my head around this, been rummaging through old threads

So I just recorded it again. it says 1171 for EC and 585 for PPM but that chart up there has decimals.
is my reading closest to the 1.1 EC and 550 PPM line under Hanna?
still trying to wrap my head around this, been rummaging through old threads
Yeah your at 1.171 EC

Update 4-29-20
I changed my older seeds res today, and bumped it up to week 1 nutes. and tomorrow I'll be changing the res on the two seedlings.
I'll start today's update talking about my soil plants because I'm having some trouble.
Problem:
my LST plant is developing a nitrogen deficiency. I gave it some blood meal last night and spread it around good. The plant, unfortunately, won't pick it up until next feeding. I'll need to wait until they're dry.
My topped quadline plant is slowing its growth down, probably on its way to a nitrogen deficiency. In hindsight, I probably used just tap water to water the plants too many times when I should have been feeding it.
Another problem, not that bad
As you guys know I'm waiting on my net pots to plant my impatient DWC corona babies in Rockwool and Gro blocks. My paper towel seedling sprouted successfully so I put it in a gro block and it took root. Today when the lights turned on I thought about what @Pennywise said about the dome a few posts ago so I removed it. I come back about 20 minutes later and she fell over! not sure if she dried out or didn't like the environment so I put the dome right back on! (the domes off in this pic so you can see it better). I also gave her a small amount of res water to pep her back up. From what I can see into the little hole, all of her roots are bunched up when they should be traveling through the fibers. Maybe that's just from when I stuffed it in there.

Good news:
I up-potted my 2nd Cherry Blossom CBD seedling. Neither has been fed. I will feed them the next time I feed the 1m olds. Until then, I just saturated the outer ring with 6.0-6.5 ph water.
DWC Seedlings
The two sisters that have to share a space have been getting along well. Every day I take about 20ml of nute water from its res and top-feed the Rockwool/pebbles with a syringe. Both girls have stretched a few inches.
My oldest DWC girl got her res changed for the first time today and I bumped the nutes up to "week 1" according to my fox farm feeding schedule. (I can post this if you guys are curious) This seedling has not been stretching as much, and I don't think I'll be using gro blocks in the future. Rockwool seems to allow them to stretch much better. Keep in mind that this lady is my oldest DWC girl and she's also the smallest. Ph and EC are on track so I can only blame the gro block. Here she is.

Thank you, everybody, for reading. As always, grow on blaze on. :blunt:

You can lose the dome on the seedling it doesn't need one unless your Rh is really low in the room your growing her in. The reason she fell over is because she is stretching you could just prop her up with a toothpick to help support her. Get her closer to the light if you can and get a fan moving air around her but not directly on her. How often are you watering the lst plant?

You can lose the dome on the seedling it doesn't need one unless your Rh is really low in the room your growing her in. The reason she fell over is because she is stretching you could just prop her up with a toothpick to help support her. Get her closer to the light if you can and get a fan moving air around her but not directly on her. How often are you watering the lst plant?
Dome off, toothpick planted. :thanks:
I was watering once a week and feeding every other watering but I should probably just feed every time they get dry right?

I don’t care for rockwool, it retains water so well it’s hard to judge when they need watering.
have you ever used gro-blocks? many companies use big 12 in gro-blocks that top feed DWC for commercial use. I was excited when they came in my kit but now I'm not too sure.

Dome off, toothpick planted. :thanks:
I was watering once a week and feeding every other watering but I should probably just feed every time they get dry right?
Ya just feed when the pot feels light when you pick it up that's the easiest way to tell when it needs more water. Judging by the pic of the lst plant it kinda looks like to much Nitrogen because the leaves are clawing and it looks pretty dark green. I don't use any thing like blood meal not even sure how to advise you how to use it. Maybe bottled nutes might be the way to go.

I 2nd the N toxicity. I’ve ran into that problem a few times. It can be pretty common. Coming with dark green leaves and clawing. Seedlings and small plants don’t really need very much nutes but on another note phosphorous can help when they’re that small due to the fact it encourages root growth. It’s in GH rapid start. Should help you get them better planted.

Update 5-2-20
Too Hot, Too Humid!
I can feel our short northern spring is turning into a hot and humid summer quicker than I anticipated.
I keep my tiny little humidifier on full blast or "level 2" with the closet completely closed and temps reached towards 90 F and humidity was going past 80%. I also have to manually turn the humidifier down to "level 1" as the plants go to sleep, then back to level 2 when they wake up, thanks to VPD at work. I realized that this is too hot and too humid so I came up with a solution. open my closet and set another humidifier in my room on full blast. Also, I close the room door to prevent humidity from escaping. Now I walk in the room and I'm suddenly in the Bahamas. :blunt:
Here are some rough temp data from my new plan. Thought about screenshotting my Govee app chart that monitors my sensor but there's nothing interesting about those lines. :yummy:
Night environment 6 hrs(door always closed to prevent light pollution): RH: 50-60 Temp: 70-75 F
Lights on 18 hrs: RH: 40-60 Temp: 80-85
Compared with my previous numbers, this is quite the improvement. I've always been happy with my nighttime environment, except for one thing, air.
And I don't mean air circulation, specifically CO2. when the closet is closed it hardly gets any outside ventilation besides the tiny crack between carpet and door. Even with the air filter going on Med I sometimes open the closet during lights on and the air is stale and heavy. I've noticed powdery mildew on my leaves due to the high humidity so something had to change. leaving the closet door open during lights on should solve both of these problems and allow the plants to breathe better.

Double up
Here's something that adds to my problem a bit more, but it will definitely be worth it. I realized that even the 2000w LED wasn't enough for this closet with the number of plants I have in it if I run it just on VEG.
I harvested my basil the other day to make room for my two hydro totes in the other closet. I thought I might as well move my 600w LED into the veg closet. Now I have them both running just VEG. I love this :rofl:

Burning Babies
You guys were right about the N Toxicity instead of Deficiency. She's clawed out and the lower leaves are slowly dying and they're moving up the plant. The plants still have a little weight in them, but they're mostly dry. I think I'll feed them all when they wake up, 2 mixtures, one for the 1w CBD, and one for the 5w randoms. Then I will hopefully have all of my soil plants on the same feeding schedule.
I'm thinking about buying mylar for my closets to additionally help with light. Since I don't have a traditional tent, I just have white walls. Let me know what you guys think of this Vivosun mylar roll on amazon. 25 ft for $21 or 100 ft for $31.
1588448948663.png

Virus struggles
With my 2 jobs as a Retail Merchandiser, I am deemed essential and my work is still needed. I am thankful to still have both of my jobs when so many are out of work. However, retailers like Best Buy have completely cut off third party work and so went a huge chunk of my paycheck. To make a long story short, I'm broke and my clay pebble order on amazon got declined and so the delivery date got pushed back. My DWC babies will have to keep bunking together until 5-8, hopefully, sooner.

I don't have many pictures to post, basically, everything from the last update has just progressed a bit. including N toxicity.:nervous-guy: As always Grow On Blaze On :blunt:

Should I flush it with 6.0-6.5 ph water and then feed it or just flush it?

Back
Top Bottom