Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

Update 5-17-2020
Rainy day all day here. not much to do but smoke and watch over the plants. Heres some update on what has happened.
- I topped big cherry blossom CBD maybe too early. I was worried I accidentally fimmed the small little node growth but I was relieved when they grew a bit after.
- the two Jackie's are growing steady. They are gonna be dry by tomorrow, so I'll put them in 1 gallon pots.
- Randy got a res change. I used the last of my AN grow. I used some FF hydroponic grow. nutes used:
70ml of AN micro
about 60ml of AN grow (dumped the rest of the bottle in)
70 ml of AN grow
premixed ph down and z7
30 ml of b-52
30 ml of voodoo juice
10 ml of FF hydro grow
PPM came out to about 1000. should be 1000-1200. Randy was a little sick from the res change taking too long. thanks to me. once he grows a bit more and the ppm lowers, I might add more FF hydro grow.
- CP has surfaced and is stretching to the light but NL is taking its time.
- I'm dechlorinating 8 gallons right now for tomorrow's res change of the 5-gallon buckets.
- I'm going to have to be careful with what I plant now, I'm running out of space.
Picture Time
Super proud of these pics. I wish I could enter them in a contest​

They look so happy and even R indica might need some cal-mag. some lower leaves are twisting. it could have been a light hotspot from the mylar, but its always waiving a bit in the fan air. so I turned the bucket lids 180 degrees to even out light uptake.

Kangaroots is no joke, folks. Check that out! :yahoo:
R hybrid clone. basically dead.
All the soil plants are slowly moving in the right direction: up and out!

That's all for now, thanks for reading.
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:
She's already screamin' potency! Keep doing what you're doing, lookin' fantastic!

Update 5-18-2020
I felt like there was so much to do today, but now I'm finally done. Time to relax with a sandwich and a dab and type this out.
- I res changed both 5 gallon DWC's. FF week 3 schedule calls for no big bloom. so I used:
75 ml of grow big hydro
20 ml of b-52
15 ml of kangaroots (none suggested) :eek:
3 ml of each part z7​
- I watered/ fed everything in the closet except for old quadline
- Jackie's got their 1-gallon pots today. I fed them week 3 FF soil nutes. oh well. they better take it.
- CP is still stretching. Might need more light in that closet. only my partially functioning 2000w
Picture time
the closet looks much better after today. felt like a lot of work

this was taken before the res change but oh well.

Perfectly watered jackie's. Check out those rings, folks! @Emilya
I had to move Cara Delevigne out of the way so the mylar can reflect on Jackie.
I tediously watered my plants with a syringe today to get those rings. It took a while but it will be well worth it.
Thanks all I can think of. Hopefully, I don't edit this into oblivion after posting. I always seem to do that :rofl:

ok @N420 I'm convinced of B-52's power. It has been thickening my plant stems, even those in soil. It's also stretching out the space between nodes to give an even canopy

I haven't trained this plant at all except for quadlining. The canopy is perfectly spread out and it is soaking up light

Tote update: I topped off CP and NL, no need to add more nutes. Then I gave 30 mls of Grow big hydro to randy. to substitute until I get more ph perfect grow. I was shooting for 1260 ppm or less. it was still at 1150. Then I added 10 ml each of B-52 and Voodoo juice. I kind of stunted randy's growth by making him wait so long before getting put in the tote. he has catching up to do.

ok @N420 I'm convinced of B-52's power. It has been thickening my plant stems, even those in soil. It's also stretching out the space between nodes to give an even canopy

I haven't trained this plant at all except for quadlining. The canopy is perfectly spread out and it is soaking up light

Tote update: I topped off CP and NL, no need to add more nutes. Then I gave 30 mls of Grow big hydro to randy. to substitute until I get more ph perfect grow. I was shooting for 1260 ppm or less. it was still at 1150. Then I added 10 ml each of B-52 and Voodoo juice. I kind of stunted randy's growth by making him wait so long before getting put in the tote. he has catching up to do.
Your Dwc girls are looking good! Thanks for letting me know how the B 52 has been working for you. I've used it in soil before but wasn't sure about using it in a Dwc bucket because I probably don't have to tell you it's pretty stinky stuff and thought it would make the res all nasty if I used it but sounds like it's working well for you.

So I waited to post about this because I wasn't sure about it... But now I'm pretty sure. I topped my Big cherry blossom CBD plant several days ago, and the top is growing back!
Now, I mentioned that I may have accidentally Fimmed the plant instead of topping it. Also, I may have topped it too soon. I'll let you guys judge from the picture.

I love the way the leaves look, BTW :circle-of-love:
it definitely has new growth out of the top in the middle there
Who knows what happened?

Update 5-20-20
So a few changes took place. here's the update
- My living arrangements have gone to S***, long story short I'm moving into the biggest room in the house. Sounds like a good thing, and it will be for my plants. I'll have space for a flowering section and veg section in just my room! Let's just say the circumstances are not ideal, so I'm under a bit of stress for the next few weeks. :eek:If you're concerned, don't worry. Me and my plants are safe. :thumb:
- I put my last lamp in the tote closet. This lamp fan does not work so I removed it and now just the heatsink is keeping my house from burning down. :rofl: That company is sending me a new fan :yahoo: I ran out of lamp pulleys, so I just used hemp wick! what a testament to hemp's strength, you'll see in the photos. The seedlings needed more light than a partially functioning 2000w lamp. that company says they're waiting on amazon to ship it to me.
- I planted Sour plums. It has cracked in the gro-block and it will pop out any moment now. I also did a small experiment that I posted on my profile. I tried adding 1 ml of kangaroots to the small cup of gro block soak of 6.0 water. I'll have a better idea if it helped once I place it in the totes. Or maybe there will be a bunch of root ends at the bottom of the block.
That's all I can think of. Picture Time

My failed LST has come back to life after the last feed! I lollipopped her so light can get to those lower nodes. She also has new branches since I topped her!

Haha I love this photo. like I said, what a testament to hemp wick's strength. Just to be safe, I double looped it. :rofl:

All the plants in the closet shot new growth overnight since I added that light. They really needed it. :thumb:
Still no NL or CP roots yet, but I know they're making their way down.

Randy also treated his new set of leaves to a light bath today. He looks a lot healthier now.
Oh by the way the reason there is bamboo sticks with randy is because I cut the hole too big. :rofl: Now the stakes keep randy from falling in. It's happened before. Not a proud moment. :rofl:

That's all there is folks. Thanks for reading

Aww man did Grim Creeper leave the site?

Hey Red :passitleft: just found your journal, hope you don’t mind if I follow along and watch what you got going on.
Of course :passitleft: this is my first DWC grow and everything has been going great (fingers crossed) But I might look to you for answers in the future
Edit: you should check out the air stone thread in my sig. I'd be interested to see what you think. also @BubbleBucketz and other DWC growers.

Critical Purple and Northern lights popped their first roots this morning! I knew it wasn't long. I got more ph perfect grow and micro. muhaha I'll never run out now (thanks credit cards)

I watered Failed LST and Old quadline with week 3 FF nutes but I added 6 ml of boomerang recovery and reph'd. PPM came out to 1830, within the suggested range.

R indica and R hybrid turn 4 weeks old today. and they are huge! one more week until I flip to flower in my new room.
I will change at least one of their rez's today and put in a hefty week 4 regiment, but check out these beef babies. They can definitely handle it.
flashback to 10 days ago

sour plum sprouted today, officially born 5-21-2020
I've decided I'm going to limit myself to 12 plants at a time. (I'm at my limit) as plants die, harvest, or get culled as males, I will allow myself to plant up to 3 seeds a month. for a 4 month perpetual grow. that's up to 3 harvests a month!
That's right. I'm going perpetual. And so is this journal.
12 plants, 4 lamps, 2 closets, and one man to rule it all!

edit:
I think grim creeper either got kicked off or deleted his account. I'll miss him. I wish him well. :love: :rip:
That's all for now. I smell a full update coming soon.

Smell report!
I noticed while changing the res for both 5 gallon plants that they both have their own smells! :yummy: :yahoo:
r hybrid smells super skunky. in fact, it's stinking up the room a bit, even with my air filter. :rofl:
r indica is starting to produce pinene-heavy oil in its stems and it smells so sweet!

Update 5-23-2020
Things are getting a bit crowded in the main closet. It only needs to go on for one more week then I can rearrange things in my new room. The DWC 5 gallons aren't getting even light distribution so I had to move things around to the closet and position the lights to favor the taller plants. 18" from the top. Hopefully I can get some of these plants to stretch taller. I have the height but not the width.
I was wearing my glasses for most of this work but I should have been wearing them the whole time because now I have a small ache behind my eyes.

I changed randy's res today. He was actually getting a bit sick. I put week 2 nutes in it including the following:
96 ml each of AN ph perfect bloom, grow, and micro. about 60 ml and the rest of my B-52 bottle. and 96 ml of voodoo juice.
I will plant sour plum in the totes tomorrow. I will move Northern Lights in with randy. the PPM is about the same, and randy has a newer rez. then I'll change the res that critical purple and sour plum are in to week 1 nutes. this time, I'm making sure to add the full recipe, including B-52 and voodoo juice.
That's all. just waiting for this move to happen.
Picture time

left- randy with sour plum. right- critical purple (front) with northern lights (back)

Hopefully this new lighting strategy works better for all the quadlined children. I think I got this tilted light idea from @BubbleBucketz grow

Day 1 of construction. Don't mind the mess. I was knocking walls down today lol. I will be extending this room an additional 3 ft wide. Once I build the frame and add new dry wall the Mylar sheets are coming down. I will be using the reflective foam sheets for the inside. Total size when finished will be 5.5 ft wide x 8 ft long x 7 ft tall. I also will be adding 2 doorways as well. One in the direct front and a smaller one on the left side. The little 2 ft wall on the right was knocked down as well. Just a picture I had got. Lights are off now....updates incoming.
98344185_589416591956089_8950533895778992128_n.jpg

it's definitely getting a little too crowded in here. Hopefully, the seedlings will be encouraged to stretch to the light. I can deal with more height right now, it's not an issue in a closet.

it doesn't get cooler than that! flashback time to when this plant was almost dead! o_O :eek:

maybe the plants are growing slowly or I'm just moving fast. :hmmmm:
That's all I got for you folks in this update.

aww man I just hit a deer coming back from visiting my parents in my hometown. I'm ok and my car still runs. The deer is not ok. :rip:
:yummy: gets me through this stress. gonna be visiting a body shop soon I guess. :eek:

Today is watering day according to my lunar calendar
but none of my soil plants need water, so I'll just top-feed my DWC. maybe my soil plants will be dry enough to water tomorrow. here's my lunar calendar for my time zone
1590417281530.png

Moon is in cancer! that's me! :Rasta: I am a hard shelled crab with a soft warm center :love:
Randy fell into the res again yesterday and now his lower stem is exploding in roots. Randy is approaching root rot and there's not much I can do.
that's all for now. my DWC 5 gallons are just exploding and they drank so much water when I was away yesterday! I'm going to top them off and add some FF grow big hydro if the ppm is low. still waiting for pistils to pop
possible ball bags on failed LST. still a bit too early to tell. it would be a shame to have that plant make a brilliant comeback just to be a male.

Of course :passitleft: this is my first DWC grow and everything has been going great (fingers crossed) But I might look to you for answers in the future
Edit: you should check out the air stone thread in my sig. I'd be interested to see what you think. also @BubbleBucketz and other DWC growers.
Sorry it stopped giving me notifications for your journal for some reason, so I’ve just seen this. Absolutely, if you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to me I’m glad to help if I can. :thumb: Without seeing this I did comment on the air stone thread, and I like those big stones as well. I use the same ones.

Update 5-26-2020

Nothing much to do today. critical purple and northern lights are spewing out new roots.
I just topped off the 5 gallon DWC's. they drink so much!
I just bought 2 oz of paradise OG CBD flower from Nevada. 24% super relaxing, the taste is fruity and floral! so tasdee! :yummy: for only 60$! (search CBD hemp direct to find it yourself)
Paradise OG is one of my favorite CBD strains, I wish I could grow it.
I'm counting the days until the room move, then I'll flip my 5 gallon DWC's to flower for space purposes, ready or not.
Picture time

Those are pictures of my car, Silver after I hit a deer on Sunday.
see if you can spot the joint smoke in the first pic! :rofl:
Grow on Blaze on!:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom