Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

PC also wanted to say congrats on turning the corner, even if it was a few years ago now. I work in the federal prison system here and have read countless stories of addiction and the hell it can bring. I have also read countless stories of success, folks who have tamed the beast and gone on to live a normal life. I don’t think anyone that hasn’t gone through it can really comprehend the struggle, But I do know it’s a fight worth fighting. My hats off to you man, be proud every day!

Day 66 of flower:

I really hope that she's going to finish soon as I just don't think she's ready yet. I have a jewelers microscope but the photos I have taken are just terrible. I don't really see many amber trichs so I'm hoping there are some before Sunday as that is the latest she can go. My girlfriend has family visiting from her home country and basically I can't have a plant drying in the cupboard. She really must be chopped and in jars by that point.

She smells absolutely wonderful and although her buds aren't massive, they are plentiful, rock hard, and absolutely covered in frost. The yield won't be incredible but the smoke will. Plus my QWET extracts is the centre of a couple of plans I have, so I'm very excited about it.

So far I've concluded that photo plants aren't optimum in such a small space. The auto route is definitely one that I'll be pursuing next time round, but the exact details of that grow I'll leave for the journal when the time comes. Basically I want to push this tent as far as I can.

She's still being fed and I'm going to put her into complete darkness on Friday and chop her on Sunday. I've read lots of information supporting this practice so I'm going to do it, too.
I will also bud wash! I think that's one thing I can't pass up on trying, as I really want this to be amazing weed.

The lack of amber in her trichs doesn't bother me too much as I was wanting to have a more sativa effect from her. By the time Sunday comes I'm sure I'll see more.

I have purchased a moisture meter with a softwood setting and tested it on a bud that I had from my last ever purchase from a dealer. The readings I got were consistent to my expectations between two different strains of weed that I had in jars. I'm confident that this will be the best way to dry right until the ideal MC so the buds can go straight into jars after being dry-trimmed.

That's all for now, folks.

I hope you all and your families are well

Oh yeah here are some photos
IMG_20200812_202730.jpg
IMG_20200812_202715.jpg
IMG_20200812_202704.jpg
IMG_20200812_202631.jpg
IMG_20200812_202625.jpg
IMG_20200812_202610.jpg
IMG_20200812_202553.jpg
IMG_20200812_202537.jpg

Nice and frosty and filling that tent up Nicely

The thing I am most afraid of is when I do the Coco casing. I don't really know how to keep it sterol to put it on the mycelium after it fills the tub. I am thinking of boiling water on the stove then pour it over the coco I will have in a 5 gallon bucket then place the lid unscrewed at first then let it dry a little before I use it. Do you think that will work and I will try to remember to tag you on any of my mushes post. I really appreciate you helping me through this process

Sorry for replying so late to this, PC!

If you cook up the coco with boiling water and let it cool you should be fine. I've seen people do that with success!

Late to the game as always. The last month of my life has been upside down, but then who’s hasn’t with covid taking over the world:( nice to be able to stare at some frosty bud pics to take my mind off of things for a bit!! Thanks Burdock, Anna is looking spectacular!! Can’t wait to hear how the smoke is. I am sure it is not going to disappoint. I just hit day 7 flower in my tent and hoping my buds turn out even half as frosty as yours have. Keep on keeping on folks, always sunny days ahead!!

Thank you, man!
Do you have a journal?

Sorry for replying so late to this, PC!

If you cook up the coco with boiling water and let it cool you should be fine. I've seen people do that with success!

Thank you, man!
Do you have a journal?
Its 5:20 PM here so you are not late. Thanks for the advice, That's what I was going to do just wanted to double check. I am assuming I should drain or squeez the excess water off before using it for casing

Its 5:20 PM here so you are not late. Thanks for the advice, That's what I was going to do just wanted to double check. I am assuming I should drain or squeez the excess water off before using it for casing

I should have said delayed reply, not late reply haha.

Essentially you want the coco saturated but not swimming. Just enough water and no more. You will be misting the environment multiple times a day and it will be fairly humid in your grow box so you shouldn't worry about the coco drying

Day 67 of Flower

So plans have changed this morning from last night's update after I took a peek at Anna's trichs. I noticed more amber than last night so that will officially be Anna's last day of light. She is now in extended darkness until Saturday night, which is when the little girl will be chopped and washed! Very exciting!

Day 67 of Flower

So plans have changed this morning from last night's update after I took a peek at Anna's trichs. I noticed more amber than last night so that will officially be Anna's last day of light. She is now in extended darkness until Saturday night, which is when the little girl will be chopped and washed! Very exciting!
That’s pure barry laddie!

You're almost at the finish line Shags!

I‘m so pleased for you :)

That’s pure barry laddie!

You're almost at the finish line Shags!

I‘m so pleased for you :)

G'day, mate!

Cheers, TraLa! I'm very pleased too! I'm looking forward to tasting the fruits of my effort.
Honestly, I don't think the yield will be massive but the quality looks and smells top shelf so I'm hopeful!

I need to pop by your journal and catch up on the action down under

G'day, mate!

Cheers, TraLa! I'm very pleased too! I'm looking forward to tasting the fruits of my effort.
Honestly, I don't think the yield will be massive but the quality looks and smells top shelf so I'm hopeful!

I need to pop by your journal and catch up on the action down under
I still haven’t hermed them, but there’s still time I guess ;)

So far I've concluded that photo plants aren't optimum in such a small space. The auto route is definitely one that I'll be pursuing next time round, but the exact details of that grow I'll leave for the journal when the time comes. Basically I want to push this tent as far as I can.
What are the dimensions of your tent, again? :hmmmm:

Personally, I'm not a big fan of autos for a bunch of reasons, though there are many growers who grow some great autos. The key is finding the training & technique to maximize your grow space. You might want to consider a SOG grow, which, IMHO, will maximize yield in most indoor spaces.

It's not a SOG but I'm about to harvest these two plants out of a tent that's only 5' tall:

I should have said delayed reply, not late reply haha.

Essentially you want the coco saturated but not swimming. Just enough water and no more. You will be misting the environment multiple times a day and it will be fairly humid in your grow box so you shouldn't worry about the coco drying
I am going to set up my Mono tubs with a reptile humidifier with two hoses so I will put one hose in each tub but I only have one Inkbird controller to put in one of the tubs. I think it will work out OK because the containers are the same size so the RH should be dam close. I also have a couple 140 mm fans with controllers to set the on and off times so I shouldn't have to take to tops off once I have them going. I am hoping this will keep contamination down and give me a better chance to bring them to harvest

What are the dimensions of your tent, again? :hmmmm:

Personally, I'm not a big fan of autos for a bunch of reasons, though there are many growers who grow some great autos. The key is finding the training & technique to maximize your grow space. You might want to consider a SOG grow, which, IMHO, will maximize yield in most indoor spaces.

It's not a SOG but I'm about to harvest these two plants out of a tent that's only 5' tall:

Howdy hey, Mr K. Thanks for stopping by!

My tent is 40cm2 x 120cm, so just a little tight. I did consider a mini SoG. I was going to call it my Puddle of Green (PoG) due to the size of my tent haha!

I am going to set up my Mono tubs with a reptile humidifier with two hoses so I will put one hose in each tub but I only have one Inkbird controller to put in one of the tubs. I think it will work out OK because the containers are the same size so the RH should be dam close. I also have a couple 140 mm fans with controllers to set the on and off times so I shouldn't have to take to tops off once I have them going. I am hoping this will keep contamination down and give me a better chance to bring them to harvest

Man, if I've been able to harvest with a far less professional approach then I'm sure that this will be a breeze for you.
Just ensure that they get a fresh air intake a couple times a day, as the air in the monotub will stagnate fairly quickly.

So excited for you, PC. Its almost mushroom season here in Scotland so hopefully I'll be tripping alongside you!

Man, if I've been able to harvest with a far less professional approach then I'm sure that this will be a breeze for you.
Just ensure that they get a fresh air intake a couple times a day, as the air in the monotub will stagnate fairly quickly.

So excited for you, PC. Its almost mushroom season here in Scotland so hopefully I'll be tripping alongside you!
I got my Mono tubs ready with the bottom 1/3 painted black and the fresh air intakes cut and I even got fans and an on off timer so I can set it to come on and off for the right amount of time. I have one for each tub. The Humidifier has 2 hoses so I can use it on both tubs. The Inkbird controller can keep the RH at a desirable range , This way I am exposing them very little to contaminates. My grain spawn bags are taking their time colonizing.

Blue Meanies

Those are copelandia cyanescens, which are very similar to the species I'm on the special look out for this year. Psilocybe cyanescens are what I'm hunting for. They're wood fed species and are similar is growing locations to the copelandia but the psilocybe species are far smaller. Very potent hallucinations but a mild and euphoric body high, not the heavy wavy feeling some others bring.

Anyway, if you've already munched them over an hour ago then maybe I should just wish you a pleasant journey and stop chatting your ear off :laugh:

Enjoy, my man

I got my Mono tubs ready with the bottom 1/3 painted black and the fresh air intakes cut and I even got fans and an on off timer so I can set it to come on and off for the right amount of time. I have one for each tub. The Humidifier has 2 hoses so I can use it on both tubs. The Inkbird controller can keep the RH at a desirable range , This way I am exposing them very little to contaminates. My grain spawn bags are taking their time colonizing.

It can be a long process, PC. When you think it's fully colonised, leave it another 5 days to a week to ensure the mycelium spreads throughout the entire substrate

Back
Top Bottom