InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

For those of you interested in what the media is writing about CBD, this article in the "failing" NY Times is worth reading:
gonna take the day to read, lol, very good writup tho thus far.

CBD is amazing for me, and for Trump getting it descheduled and legal, is far more then what people realize. I wouldn't care if i never smoke High THC again. I have major ptsd, high function autism, and extreme sensitivity with my senses, especially sound, called Misophonia. It has ruined my life since i was 4 yrs old, ( over 40 now) and just a little over a month ago, I found CBD flower in a local gas station, and my life has never been the same since. I still have annoyances, but they are turned down considerably. I dont dwell on them much now. I hate motorcycles and dogs, are my top of the list that drive my brain crazy. hard to explain.

I never taking any drugs or pills as medication for ANY of my problems, because i hate taking pills, even advil for headaches, i just dont like taking them. I think Im above level of thinking, and dont want that part of me blinded or unattainable in my mind. We are all given a gift of personal character or traits, and i just dont want that taken away from me.

lol, ok Shed, sorry for the blabbering, Im still going thru your thread man, awesome stuff.

For those of you interested in what the media is writing about CBD, this article in the "failing" NY Times is worth reading:

Better article than the one I read on NPR the other day. Quoting random ER room doctor's recollections of 1st timers freaking out in the ER because of an edible. No statistics, just an article of random quotes that say "weeds bad". And one where some guy went to a dispensary for pain and he started with some moon rocks with 60% thc and had a bad day.

I guess these kiddos never learnt to not eat the whole sheet.

I think I will buy my daughter a 500hp standard 2 seater RWD to learn to drive with.

CBD is amazing for me
I'm so glad you found something that's working for you Mayne! We have quite a ways to go before CBD is legal, as the DEA said "drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration." That was necessitated by the allowance of Epidiolex to be sold by prescription and is limited to drugs submitted for approval to the FDA. Still, it's a small step along a road we all look forward to traveling.
I got to Anslinger and faded but good article. I will continue to grow and make my own concentrates.
Too long a read for 7am!
Wow over 400 grams of high quality cbd??
Yes sir! Thanks Them :).
Better article than the one I read on NPR the other day. Quoting random ER room doctor's recollections of 1st timers freaking out in the ER because of an edible. No statistics, just an article of random quotes that say "weeds bad". And one where some guy went to a dispensary for pain and he started with some moon rocks with 60% thc and had a bad day.
It's so tiring to read the same article over and over about people who get too high and end up in the ER. No mention of the fact that nothing bad happened to them in the end and there was no medical treatment needed. Unlike every. other. overdose that puts people in the hospital.
And likely many of them did not listen to or read the warnings. I gave a beginner one of my brownies. I told her to take a bite only.
Good advice Mr Sleepytime brownies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday update with loads to talk about, only some of which I'll get to now. Let me start with a family portrait so some of the new folks like @Kitchenhawk can get an idea of what's growing:

Since that picture was taken, I thinned the Candidas (cuttings in water) and the Sour G, topped them all, and transplanted the Candida that was in the solo cup to a 1 gallon:

Tall and rooty! Here are three Candida clones yesterday (the top is on the left):

I'll be topping the upper growth as well on these once they recover from the thinning.

I made another batch of canna-butter yesterday for my dad's cookies so the MB machine was tied up for a while, but I wanted to get started on the Candida CBD oil. So I went with the jar in the oven method.

I ground up 44 grams of buds (post decarb weight), and 1 cup of EVOO didn't come close to covering it, so I had to go with two cups.

Here are the calculations for 44 grams of bud at 15% CBD and 1% THC (my rough estimates) in 2 cups of oil. I had the efficiency set at 80% since I was going with the oven, and it should be at 85% since most of the process is going to be in the MB machine, which is constantly grinding and mixing the buds and the oil:

The way to read the spreadsheet is to look at the box on the far right near the bottom with the "Dose ML" heading. It's estimating 0.74mg THC and 11.16mg CBD/ml oil.

Into the oven it went at 180º F. Since two cups is the minimum for the MB machine, when the butter was done and the machine was washed, I dumped the jar in and set it for 4 hours at 160ºF, for a total of 6 hours yesterday. I let it cool overnight and will give it another 8 hours today. I'm still looking for a lab to test it so see what the real numbers are and how close the spreadsheet gets to reality.

Still working on the skin salve and if I like the consistency of the stuff I put in the fridge this morning, I'll have the tutorial up on that tomorrow. I want to make sure the grams of beeswax/cup of coconut oil is correct before I post it.

We got rain Saturday night into Sunday morning but it cleared up around noon, so everything spent the better part of both days outside. Sunny today as well :cool:.

I hope you had a great weekend, and the week ahead looks bright and shiny :thumb:.

:peace:

Looking really nice shed. Love the look of that oil!!!! Yummy. I just made a month and a half worth of oil for old crazy eyes this weekend.

When you plan on testing?

Nice update Shed! Bedroom Cookies is a big gal! Your AK always looks beautiful!
Thanks Magoo! I don't think I need to even label those any more ;).
Looking really nice shed. Love the look of that oil!!!! Yummy. I just made a month and a half worth of oil for old crazy eyes this weekend.
When you plan on testing?
I'll be getting it tested as soon as I find a testing place closer than Monrovia! What's your devil dog getting oil for and what's in it?

I'm so glad you found something that's working for you Mayne! We have quite a ways to go before CBD is legal, as the DEA said "drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration." That was necessitated by the allowance of Epidiolex to be sold by prescription and is limited to drugs submitted for approval to the FDA. Still, it's a small step along a road we all look forward to traveling.

:peace:

You sure about that man? I seen the DEA has nothing to do with it, as industrial hemp is de-scheduled totally. I traveled thru a red state, and they sell CBD flower in stores and gas stations. If it was not legal, they wouldnt get away with it.

Unless they scheduled it 5 just last night? I know the FDA has a hand in it for Food production purposes, but as far as i have read, there are no guild lines per state yet.

Inquiring mind bro, not being a know it all. But i can tell you this, it wouldnt be available over the counter if it was illegal, thats for sure. heck, i just got my another 20g of Charletts Sauce CBD flowers, and they wouldnt be able to get it thru the mail if it was Illegal, I even get papers for the Law Enforcement if i have problems, which, by the way, I scored seeds from my last bag, WOOT.lol

Have a wonderful day man,

Your spring garden is looking fantastic, the Cookies is a beast for real!
33" tall...it grew an inch overnight on Sunday!
Plants are looking great Shed! Are they getting much Cali sun yet?
Off and on. Three days in a row is a great change from the last two weeks though!
Them going to be some monsters......... GL
Thanks Norcali :). Still gotta carry them around
You sure about that man? I seen the DEA has nothing to do with it, as industrial hemp is de-scheduled totally. I traveled thru a red state, and they sell CBD flower in stores and gas stations. If it was not legal, they wouldnt get away with it.

Unless they scheduled it 5 just last night? I know the FDA has a hand in it for Food production purposes, but as far as i have read, there are no guild lines per state yet.

Inquiring mind bro, not being a know it all. But i can tell you this, it wouldnt be available over the counter if it was illegal, thats for sure. heck, i just got my another 20g of Charletts Sauce CBD flowers, and they wouldnt be able to get it thru the mail if it was Illegal, I even get papers for the Law Enforcement if i have problems, which, by the way, I scored seeds from my last bag, WOOT.lol
Have a wonderful day man,
Great on the seeds! I double checked on the CBD legality, and you are correct :). It is true that CBD processed from industrial hemp is legal according the the 2018 farm bill that congress passed late last year, which made hemp farming legal again. But the bill doesn't prevent states from passing laws restricting its production though.

"One big myth that exists about the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol (CBD)—a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis—is legalized. It is true that section 12619 of the Farm Bill removes hemp-derived products from its Schedule I status under the Controlled Substances Act, but the legislation does not legalize CBD generally. The Farm Bill ensures that any cannabinoid—a set of chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant—that is derived from hemp will be legal, if and only if that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, association state regulations, and by a licensed grower. "
From here:

And who knows where the CBD in the gas station came from or what's in it. Processing CBD from hemp correctly (organically grown and CO2 extracted is best) is not cheap or easy. And full spectrum CBD is illegal still under federal law, and the entourage effect from full spectrum oil has greater benefits.
Plants looking nice Shed. You have quite the spread going. :popcorn:
Thanks KH! The three in the back are getting flipped in a few weeks. The rest are for the summer grow.

Im going to make 10g worth of flower for coconutoil, supposed to be 17%cbd, what temp do we decarb with? the usual 225F for 30mins? Going to look to see if you posted this Shed,..

Then, the flower can be eatn after the process, correct?

Great on the seeds! I double checked on the CBD legality, and you are correct :). It is true that CBD processed from industrial hemp is legal according the the 2018 farm bill that congress passed late last year, which made hemp farming legal again. But the bill doesn't prevent states from passing laws restricting its production though.

"One big myth that exists about the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol (CBD)—a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis—is legalized. It is true that section 12619 of the Farm Bill removes hemp-derived products from its Schedule I status under the Controlled Substances Act, but the legislation does not legalize CBD generally. The Farm Bill ensures that any cannabinoid—a set of chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant—that is derived from hemp will be legal, if and only if that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, association state regulations, and by a licensed grower. "
From here:

And who knows where the CBD in the gas station came from or what's in it. Processing CBD from hemp correctly (organically grown and CO2 extracted is best) is not cheap or easy. And full spectrum CBD is illegal still under federal law, and the entourage effect from full spectrum oil has greater benefits.

Thanks KH! The three in the back are getting flipped in a few weeks. The rest are for the summer grow.

lol, it is full spectrum,

I decarb at 240ºF for an hour in an open pan or 90 minutes wrapped in foil to keep the terpenes in.

Cannabinoids are best cooked into something with fat, which is why we're always infusing them in butter or some type of oil.
THANKS Shed,

Back
Top Bottom