InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That’s looking like a heavy Sativa but these days you never know how a plant will lean.

I have the poster that looks like the Periodic Table but it's got all strain names instead of elements. The legend shows some as Indica Lean or Sativa Lean. I never knew what that meant til recently.

What the hell is a Lean Indica... Does that mean it's a leggy plant. :laughtwo:

I'm just waiting for all of the strains to keep getting crossed and mixed up until we only have one plant to grow called the:

Satifvccalistfigicaligargondica.

Does snybody know wherei can get Supercalifragilistic or Expeealidocious seeds?

Dont tell me those are real strains...?

Oh I get it! "Yep, it would be nice to harvest a sativa. Is IIP Sativa?" Sorry I was confused by the missing period after Yep!

I was under the impression it was a sativa because SweetSue smokes almost exclusively sativas and she is fond of it. Now that I dig into the genetics, this is what I find:

IIP is a cross of Acai Berry Gelato and Purple Punch

Purple Punch:
  • Larry OG x Grand Daddy Purps
Grand Daddy Purps:
  • Purple Urkle x Big Bud
Larry OG:
  • OG Kush x San Fernando Valley OG Kush
So far we're pretty far down an indica road. Let's take a look at the other side of the cross.

Acai Berry Gelato:
  • Pink Panties and Sunset Sherbet
Pink Panties:
  • Blackberry Kush x OG Kush BX
Sunset Sherbet:
  • Girl Scout Cookies x Pink Panties
So, even though the Acai Berry Gelato is listed as sativa dominant, it seems to be pretty solidly indica as well!

Oh well, just don't tell my wife ;).
The indica heritage was part of Sue’s fascination that it seemed to suit her so nicely.
I plan on taking it pretty early as well.
That’s what SS did the first time. And she thought that was the reason it worked for her. She’s since had a later harvested one that was equally as good tho. So you’re golden all round I’d say.
No guarantees it will hit the sweet spot for someone else tho. I’ll be curious :popcorn:

Is there any seed bank with pure strain seeds?
Bc it seems like how the banks description reads and how y’all are talking that they have altered differently from the original strains use to be.
I think it depends on what you’re looking specifically. Some are still around some aren’t. You have to be careful with copycats obviously, a lot of those around.

And now I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of the lighter when my wife hits the Candida at 4am. It's definitely working for her. Calms her down enough to get some sleep.
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

If they're not now they will be at some point ;).
I think it depends on what you’re looking specifically. Some are still around some aren’t. You have to be careful with copycats obviously, a lot of those around.
Thanks Penny!
The indica heritage was part of Sue’s fascination that it seemed to suit her so nicely.
That’s what SS did the first time. And she thought that was the reason it worked for her. She’s since had a later harvested one that was equally as good tho. So you’re golden all round I’d say.
No guarantees it will hit the sweet spot for someone else tho. I’ll be curious. :popcorn:
I didn't realize she had done the ancestry search. I thought she was just handed some on her trip to the coast and went "whoa!" Of course, it's going to be a while before we know where this one hits, so I hope you like popcorn ;).
Your amazing reviews were really the motivating factor for me to grow these, and for that I am grateful. :thanks:
:circle-of-love:

It wouldn't surprise me. It seems there is a strain named anything and everything these days.

I'm so glad you found something that's working for you Mayne! We have quite a ways to go before CBD is legal, as the DEA said "drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration." That was necessitated by the allowance of Epidiolex to be sold by prescription and is limited to drugs submitted for approval to the FDA. Still, it's a small step along a road we all look forward to traveling.

Too long a read for 7am!

Yes sir! Thanks Them :).

It's so tiring to read the same article over and over about people who get too high and end up in the ER. No mention of the fact that nothing bad happened to them in the end and there was no medical treatment needed. Unlike every. other. overdose that puts people in the hospital.

Good advice Mr Sleepytime brownies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday update with loads to talk about, only some of which I'll get to now. Let me start with a family portrait so some of the new folks like @Kitchenhawk can get an idea of what's growing:

Since that picture was taken, I thinned the Candidas (cuttings in water) and the Sour G, topped them all, and transplanted the Candida that was in the solo cup to a 1 gallon:

Tall and rooty! Here are three Candida clones yesterday (the top is on the left):

I'll be topping the upper growth as well on these once they recover from the thinning.

I made another batch of canna-butter yesterday for my dad's cookies so the MB machine was tied up for a while, but I wanted to get started on the Candida CBD oil. So I went with the jar in the oven method.

I ground up 44 grams of buds (post decarb weight), and 1 cup of EVOO didn't come close to covering it, so I had to go with two cups.

Here are the calculations for 44 grams of bud at 15% CBD and 1% THC (my rough estimates) in 2 cups of oil. I had the efficiency set at 80% since I was going with the oven, and it should be at 85% since most of the process is going to be in the MB machine, which is constantly grinding and mixing the buds and the oil:

The way to read the spreadsheet is to look at the box on the far right near the bottom with the "Dose ML" heading. It's estimating 0.74mg THC and 11.16mg CBD/ml oil.

Into the oven it went at 180º F. Since two cups is the minimum for the MB machine, when the butter was done and the machine was washed, I dumped the jar in and set it for 4 hours at 160ºF, for a total of 6 hours yesterday. I let it cool overnight and will give it another 8 hours today. I'm still looking for a lab to test it so see what the real numbers are and how close the spreadsheet gets to reality.

Still working on the skin salve and if I like the consistency of the stuff I put in the fridge this morning, I'll have the tutorial up on that tomorrow. I want to make sure the grams of beeswax/cup of coconut oil is correct before I post it.

We got rain Saturday night into Sunday morning but it cleared up around noon, so everything spent the better part of both days outside. Sunny today as well :cool:.

I hope you had a great weekend, and the week ahead looks bright and shiny :thumb:.

:peace:
I love the family portrait shot!!

It wouldn't surprise me. It seems there is a strain named anything and everything these days.
Seriously! I mean...do si do?
:hmmmm: did I suggest she had done...?
I thought that's what you meant by Sue being intrigued by the indica heritage.
You know I do! :popcorn:
Keep popping...months' worth!
I love the family portrait shot!!
Thanks LI! I have to put them out in one place occasionally to remind myself of what the heck is going on :).

---------------------------------------------

No picture update today. Completely overcast (it rained on everything yesterday afternoon!), so the only thing that happened this morning was the BC got two gallons at 5.5g/gallon, and everything lives under the lights.

I will try to make room in the garage for the tent when my daughter gets home in about 3 weeks so that I have a dark space to flip the BC, BeBo, and AK. They will be smooshed, but that way I can still run the lights in the shed at night over the summer grow. The other way is to see if the summer grow will fit in the tent with the Mars Hydro SP-250, and flip the three in the shed. I'll know about space once I transplant all the 1 gallons into 5's, which might be as soon as this weekend. I need to get more ProMix HP or order a bale of FauxMix® from @farside05 ;).

Strange weather ahead, watch for rain :(.

No big hurry, still have plenty of AK-47 in jars, but with the Bedroom Cookies and the Berry Bomb flowering next it will be nice to harvest a sativa.
I’ve got cuts that are just about ready of my Durban. How soon you looking? I’d kinda like to grab a Candida from you.
Seriously! I mean...do si do?

I thought that's what you meant by Sue being intrigued by the indica heritage.

Keep popping...months' worth!

Thanks LI! I have to put them out in one place occasionally to remind myself of what the heck is going on :).

---------------------------------------------

No picture update today. Completely overcast (it rained on everything yesterday afternoon!), so the only thing that happened this morning was the BC got two gallons at 5.5g/gallon, and everything lives under the lights.

I will try to make room in the garage for the tent when my daughter gets home in about 3 weeks so that I have a dark space to flip the BC, BeBo, and AK. They will be smooshed, but that way I can still run the lights in the shed at night over the summer grow. The other way is to see if the summer grow will fit in the tent with the Mars Hydro SP-250, and flip the three in the shed. I'll know about space once I transplant all the 1 gallons into 5's, which might be as soon as this weekend. I need to get more ProMix HP or order a bale of FauxMix® from @farside05 ;).

Strange weather ahead, watch for rain :(.
The rain is crazy but hey it’s good for the land. :thumb:
Growing cannabis is hard to do when the sun doesn’t come out lol. My Green Doc hasn’t been outside the tent in a week or so lol.

Just remember how nice it is to have a tent during shitty weather.
You’re so right, I’ve got one plant out there and she’s just getting all this weather! :rofl:
It’s been getting pretty cool at night too and this AK47 is showing purpling, plus she’s revegging. It’s a been an interesting spring for me haha.
I am super thankful for the tent in times like these.
Cheers.

You’re so right, I’ve got one plant out there and she’s just getting all this weather! :rofl:
It’s been getting pretty cool at night too and this AK47 is showing purpling, plus she’s revegging. It’s a been an interesting spring for me haha.
I am super thankful for the tent in times like these.
Cheers.

LOL. I really want to grow outside...but our weather can't stay on the same sheet of music for 2 months. 20" in the past month, next month could be the same, or 110 with no rain for next 40 days. At that point the bugs are eating the concrete.

Back
Top Bottom