InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

For those interested in my cloning technique,
I thought that the topping & cloning pics and the explanation were great. I got a lot of info from that.

I also saw some aphids coming back
:( Boooooo!!! I’ve been lucky and haven’t gotten any......yet. I probably just jinxed myself for saying it.

My son just got his first Moderna vaccine this morning, so now we've all had our first shots...on our way!
:) Yippie!

I gave up on any attempt to catch up on previous posts in this journal and just decided to live in the present :cheesygrinsmiley:
I think that’s a very wise decision.

I try to run a tight ship
And that’s the way we like it.

Wednesday Thursday update, the one where I show y'all how to use StankClips®!

I sprayed the Spring grow plants with Safer's insect killing soap this morning, let them sit in the shade for an hour, and then rinsed them off with the mist setting on the hose. I also misted the top of the ProMix of Tin Can Kush 1 to keep the GeoFlora working. Then it was time to start to tie down the top node on the TCK1.

Since they're too short to tie down to the rim of the pot, I use a technique that @VanStank demonstrated a few years back. Aptly named StankClips®, they are short pieces of pipe cleaner that are used to tie the top branches to the fan leaves just below them. Here is what I mean...

This is what the top node looked like this morning:

The plant sees those branches as the new apical tops, and it's happy to send most of the growth hormones to them. But that's not what we want! We want more growth from the lower nodes to turn them into tops as well, so the top branches need to get pulled down.

Until they're long enough...StankClips®:

This will begin to flatten them out as they get longer and make it easier to tie them to the pot when they're grabable.

In other news, I took the domes off the cuttings for about a minute to get some fresh air on them, and then sealed them back up.

Enjoy your Wednesday Thursday and stay safe! :slide:

Those StankClips perform very much like my GDB training trainers. :Rasta:

Here's what I did to my Grand Daddy Black a few days ago:
IMG_2630.JPG

At least this time I did not foolishly announce that I had created something new! :laughtwo:

Nice clip usage there Shed. :thumb:

I have a quick question about drying low and slow, thought someone here might know. ;)

I’ve got most of the process down, I think. I’ll trim off the fan leaves, but my question is: should be leaving the sugars fully intact, or trimming them down? I feel the need to give this l&s method a try, cause I am really struggling when it comes to drying.

Those StankClips perform very much like my GDB training trainers.
Here's what I did to my Grand Daddy Black a few days ago:
At least this time I did not foolishly announce that I had created something new!
Great minds think alike, though some come to great things a bit later than others!
That’s my new favorite word
LOL! It's not to be used to describe humans, so forewarned is forearmed. :)

Congrats on the MOTM nomination BigD!
Nice clip usage there Shed.
I have a quick question about drying low and slow, thought someone here might know.
I’ve got most of the process down, I think. I’ll trim off the fan leaves, but my question is: should be leaving the sugars fully intact, or trimming them down? I feel the need to give this l&s method a try, cause I am really struggling when it comes to drying.
Thanks double H! I believe that you should trim the way you want them to look when they're finished. Leaving the sugars on will slow the drying process even more, which is not necessarily a good thing.

My go-to summary post on low and slow comes from MrS. I only tried it once with a single bag, because fridge space in my kitchen is always at a premium.

I'm sure others here who've done it will help with more info...

should be leaving the sugars fully intact

I’m not in any way or form an expert as I just tried the low and slow method for the first time but...I trimmed them as I felt it would be way easier when wet. I’m very happy with the way they came out.

I believe that you should trim the way you want them to look when they're finished. Leaving the sugars on will slow the drying process even more, which is not necessarily a good thing.

My go-to summary post on low and slow comes from MrS.
Cool, thank you Shed. I too, saved that little gem! :high-five:
I’m not in any way or form an expert as I just tried the low and slow method for the first time but...I trimmed them as I felt it would be way easier when wet. I’m very happy with the way they came out.
Excellent, thank you Tommyboy! :thanks:

Nice clip usage there Shed. :thumb:

I have a quick question about drying low and slow, thought someone here might know. ;)

Hey, HH. :ciao:

I use this method a lot. I've trimmed them to look nice and neat and I've left them a little scraggly. What @InTheShed said about one way increasing the drying period may be right, but I can't attest to that. Whenever I put weed in the fridge to dry I expect it to take a while. The "slow" part of the name can be taken literally! :Rasta:

I think it took 2 weeks (or a day or two more) to dry in the fridge. I remember SweetSue doing this. She seemed to like it. Happy Smokin'

Are you planning on the doing the L&S in paper bags or jars? Also, do you have a dedicated 420 fridge for doing the L&S?

I do it in wide mouth jars, in a dedicated fridge connected to a temperature controller. The ones that turned out the best took about 30 days to get to 62% rH. I basically follow the directions on post #337 in the link below.

Are you planning on the doing the L&S in paper bags or jars? Also, do you have a dedicated 420 fridge for doing the L&S?

I do it in wide mouth jars, in a dedicated fridge connected to a temperature controller. The ones that turned out the best took about 30 days to get to 62% rH. I basically follow the directions on post #337 in the link below.

I’ll be using paper bags, jars are too hard for me to find these days. Thanks bigD, I did read that one too. I do have a dedicated fridge to use now, which is the reason I finally get to try this method out! :yahoo: Excited and nervous at the same time.

Thanks for the help everyone! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

:thanks: for pitching in and helping double H with the low and slow y'all!

I wanted to post an update on the Tin Can Kush 1 leaves with GeoFlora vs the Tin Can Kush 3 on synthetic nutes.

Both of these are at about the same place on their respective plants...

TCK1 with GF:

TCK3 with synthetics:

I really don't like the look of the GF leaves, and I think I know why they look like that. I transplanted into the ProMix HP with GF amended it, but the roots are still mostly in the original 1 gallon area that is unamended. So the plant isn't getting what the GF is supposed to provide.

What I will be doing is top-dressing the original rootball with GF and watering with synthetics for the next couple of weeks while I wait for the new roots to grow into the amended soil. I'll know when they have by whether the pot is drying out as expected.

We'll see... :nomo:

Happy Friday all!

:thanks: for pitching in and helping double H with the low and slow y'all!
:thanks: for playing host for me Shed!

Sorry about the gf, sounds similar to what happened with my candidas. Hopefully it gets working for you quick!

Back
Top Bottom