InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Quotes below, update first...

Grey Tuesday today and I didn't get to take cuttings for clones this morning. What I did do was water the very thirsty (and droopy) three plants still in 1 gallon pots. I've bumped them up to 4.5g/gallon equivalent of MC (which is around 120ppm of nitrogen), and that is usually where they stay though veg.

Here they are in the tent, where they will spend the day:

From the left: Red Dragon, Tin Can Kush 3, Candida, TCK1.

And as promised, pics of the firewood and the stump (note the 420magazine lighter for scale, and to make it on-topic :cheesygrinsmiley: ):

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to get the clones cut tomorrow if it's sunnier in the morning. :cool:

That’s great! Glad to hear she’s going to a good home.
I'll see if I can get some pics for you when he has it in flower. :)
Beauty, sounds like a fun rainy day project!
That puts it off at least until November. :thumb:
Can someone tell me where i can get fastbud seeds here in the USA , UK want ship to my local .
...and within 5 minutes:
The Fastbuds store won't ship to the USA but other sponsor seed websites carry Fastbuds seeds and will ship to the USA. Try The Vault
Thanks farside!

I’m pages behind and not catching up but when I was here last week,or week before, I screenshot the Candida to hold against a comparison of my Sativa pheno. Very like. And you’ll remember (except you didn’t ;) ) that mine had a droopy thing all through veg that went full dropsy in intense sun. ANyhoo - yours still looks just like mine did at about same stage of life, just like it did as seedling!

16A0E121-D9F4-4546-A261-883EAFDC2306.jpeg
205EEAB8-828F-4DC4-98A3-253513961319.jpeg

... and the Dropsy effect (below) - much later in veg but here you can see their similarity (your current plant and this plant) even more clearly. My search mojo is compromised. I know I have better pics of this that show the similar structures. These (above and below) will do for now.

full

seeing as I’m here, and because I saw a few pages back that heavenly lamented my absence when you were wrangling a problem with your Geo flora plant. I don’t know where you’re up to with that but the bit in the conversation that stuck out for me was where you said that you hadon’t mixed any into the soil that you transplanted into. I don’t really know anything about using Geo flora because I haven’t done so but it would seem to me, instintive
y, that you should have done (?). I honestly don’t know what the instructions say, I think I remember people talking about mixing it in at transplant and top dressing as well. Would seem to me that that would make a big difference, especially in plain ProMix. I hope it’s improving!

flyby... :love: :surf:

:ciao: Amy and thanks for the flyby! It's always nice to see you out and about here. :love:
And you’ll remember (except you didn’t ;) ) that mine had a droopy thing all through veg that went full dropsy in intense sun.
Oh yes, I remember this plant and the droop in the sun! And yes, I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. So remembering is the wrong word. What's the right one?
These (above and below) will do for now.
They will do forever. I definitely have the sativa Candida here, and it will be crossed with the indica if the seedmaking is a success. :)
you were wrangling a problem with your Geo flora plant. I don’t know where you’re up to with that but the bit in the conversation that stuck out for me was where you said that you hadon’t mixed any into the soil that you transplanted into. I don’t really know anything about using Geo flora because I haven’t done so but it would seem to me that do you should have done (?). I honestly don’t know what the instructions say, I think I remember people talking about mixing it in at transplant and top dressing as well. Would seem to me that that would make a big difference, especially in plain ProMix. I hope it’s improving!
The instructions do indeed say mix it in with your media before planting, but I didn't because I hadn't decided which plant to use it on. I figured since all additional feeding are top dressings (including the change to Bloom) that I could just do that when I picked the GF plant.

As BigD and others pointed out, doing it my way would put the GF plant two weeks behind (at least) in its feeding while the GF worked its way down into the substrate. So now I know!

I transplanted the TCK1 (above in the 7 gallon pot) and mixed GF in, along with Dynomycos and earthalive Soil Activator (no idea if it works in peat), and watered it in with some calmag water with nitrogen to give the plant a bit to eat while everything gets moving.

We'll see!

Wednesday update with cuttings!

Much brighter today and therefore warm enough to get some topping done, so here are the before and afters.

Candida topped on day 59:

Tin Can Kush 1 topped on day 61:

I don't often have luck cloning tops, so I also took off the lowest nodes on both and put them in a cup together. I'll have three possible clones of each:

I sprayed them with citric acid because I saw some PM on the TCK, and put the domes on:

They sit under the CFL with a piece of paper on top to cut the light:

For those interested in my cloning technique, I use the beez0404 method. I made some adjustments to mine: I use Dip'n Grow cloning liquid, I just soak the ProMix HP in distilled water for a few minutes before I cut, and I don't start to de-dome for a week. Then I just tip them back a bit more every day. I'll show that when it happens!

I sprayed all the plants down with citric acid when I put them outside. I also saw some aphids coming back so tomorrow they'll get Safer's Soap spray and a rinse an hour later.

My son just got his first Moderna vaccine this morning, so now we've all had our first shots...on our way!

Have a bright and sunny day regardless of the weather. :ciao:

Is this your first time topping these? If so, I noticed you let them get a bit larger than most before topping. Is that your normal m.o.? If you had previously topped them I apologize, I gave up on any attempt to catch up on previous posts in this journal and just decided to live in the present :cheesygrinsmiley:

Howdy do, just passing through.

I thought I should leave a compliment.
I have just been browsing through your thread, and I must say; it is very tidy. Full of facts and answers. Oh! And everyone is very well behaved!
You keep a neat house shed, Mr Shed
Nice work everyone
Squiggz

LOL! Looking Fantastic over here Shed. Thanks for the cloning link. I think I may try that during the summer grow!
Thanks Boo! I tried a lot of cloning methods and this is the one that finally worked for me. Of course, other folks swear by their own methods too. :)
Is this your first time topping these? If so, I noticed you let them get a bit larger than most before topping. Is that your normal m.o.? If you had previously topped them I apologize, I gave up on any attempt to catch up on previous posts in this journal and just decided to live in the present
This is their first (and likely only) topping. I let them get taller because my plants tend to end up bigger than a lot of folks growing indoors, so I don't need to keep them low or small. Also, the longer they grow the more roots they have before I top, which makes the lowers catch up to the top nodes much faster.

I'm glad you jumped in here! No reason to go through the old stuff as I can point you to anything you might be curious about, or answer it in real time. :high-five:
Howdy do, just passing through.

I thought I should leave a compliment.
I have just been browsing through your thread, and I must say; it is very tidy. Full of facts and answers. Oh! And everyone is very well behaved!
You keep a neat house Mr shed
Nice work everyone
Squiggz
Thanks Squiggz! I try to run a tight ship, keep it on topic as much as possible (with banter of course!), actively encourage folks to post off-topic stuff here and link it back, and won't tolerate any rudeness. :)

Seems to be working so far. :thumb:

I try to run a tight ship, keep it on topic as much as possible (with banter of course!)........and won't tolerate any rudeness. :)
How am I still here!?!?:hmmmm:

:idea: Charity case.. of course!

Back
Top Bottom