InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Highya ITS,

Love the presentation. It's always fun to see how someone else does things. Love the look of the Candida! CBD ladies most always look gorgeous when laden with flowers. Had to laugh at your sarcasm. Julie is like that, and it's funny most of the time!. Happy Smokin'

:ciao: Hi Shed! The Red Dragon and Candida both look very happy after the up potting!

Let's start with the seed side. @BooWho2 and I both decided it was time to drop seeds for our summer grows. It's not a comparison or the same varieties or anything like that. But since we'll both be growing outside we figured why not start together.
My first real summer grow!:high-five:
So last night I scarified three seeds and dropped them in bowls of distilled water (didn't do the H2O2 soak because I've run out). By this morning, two had split open, and by this afternoon, so had the third. So let's get down to it!
I just opened two little containers and dropped mine in water...:straightface:
First summer grow variety is Chiquita Banana fem from @Weed Seeds Express! It's a 40% Indica / 60% Sativa cross of OG Kush x Banana unknown, and WSE describes it thusly: Chiquita Banana has the reputation of being one of the most powerful marijuana strains in the world. She certainly has spunk, which of course with a THC content of up to 29% should come as no surprise.
I need to add a description of my eight. Ooof!
It split within 12 hours of the water drop:
None of mine split within 24 hours...:confused:
Herer it is:
Ridiculous.
And the last of the Summer Grow is my final Sour G seed. It's a reg, so I'm hoping for another female like my first one from January 2018
January 2018 sounds like a very good month and year. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Love the presentation. It's always fun to see how someone else does things. Love the look of the Candida! CBD ladies most always look gorgeous when laden with flowers.
Thanks Bode! This Candida better be laden with seeds when the time comes. :)
Had to laugh at your sarcasm. Julie is like that, and it's funny most of the time!.
And the rest of the time oof!
Hi Shed! The Red Dragon and Candida both look very happy after the up potting!
Thank you Boo!
My first real summer grow!
:high-five:
I just opened two little containers and dropped mine in water.
That works too! I've sent them to others who don't scrape them up and they've done well with them.
I need to add a description of my eight. Ooof!
It's just two descriptions though... ;)
None of mine split within 24 hours...
Either way, Amy says they get planted after 24 hours no matter what. Well done!
Ridiculous.
LOL!
January 2018 sounds like a very good month and year.
Why is that?

What's up with the new growth on the Tin Can Kush? Wondering for the Monday update:

First I thought it was just waterlogged and would grow out of it as the roots dried out the pot, but then I noticed it was starting on the Red Dragon as well:

I'm thinking it's a pest of some sort (though I couldn't see any through the loupe), so I sprayed them down with Safer's this morning and rinsed it off when it dried. Tomorrow I'll hit them with neem.

Anyone seen this before?

@MrSauga noticed that there was no boron in my mix, though there is boron in my tap water. Here is what the Boron diagram is in the Jorge Cervantes chart:
nutrient chart - boron.jpg

Possibility?

Still looking for any other thoughts tho!
Wish I had some, Shed.

But I do have a question. If an ion is an ion, is a boron a boron?

There's some out there for human consumption. Think it will work on plants?

1618860304403.png

Wish I had some, Shed.
But I do have a question. If an ion is an ion, is a boron a boron?
There's some out there for human consumption. Think it will work on plants?
It probably would, as the instructions in Cervantes' book recommends either boric acid (used to kill roaches and ants and clean your eyes) or borax soap (no mention of how many mules needed per team).
You’re not concerned with lock outs using the MC on top of the geoflora? Got any thrive alive, super thrive, or other micros supplement?
I don't have any other source for micronutrients, but the GeoFlora hasn't even had a chance to start working yet, which is why I'm using synthetics in the meantime. Lockout would be an easier thing to fix down the road by just using plain water at that point.

Hello... nice catchups. :) :love:
remembered
:high-five:

Have to ask... is this tin can Kush (with the iffy new growth) the one where you sprinkled some GF powdered nutes to the transplant hole (along with the myco)? If it is, then... maybe it’s not so good directly on the new roots like that. I might be wrong - but when I saw you do that I wndered why. Can’t see that it’s necessary, or that it would help anything and it might upset them even
:hmmmm:

And while I’m here questioning your decisions ;), I’ll also say that adding mycorrhizae isn’t just about getting faster root growth, it’s inoculating and protecting the roots against pathogens, disease etc. so it’s for improved health in general. I was sad for the Candida that it didn’t get any.

I like that one best :love:

And, Shedman, I of course don’t want to leave it at questioning your decisions so I’ll also say that the plants are looking fully wonderful in general - funky growth aside - and I’m stoked to see the summer plants pucked and raring to go!
:ciao:
:circle-of-love:

Question away Amy! You bring value here with every brainwave. :love:
Have to ask... is this tin can Kush (with the iffy new growth) the one where you sprinkled some GF powdered nutes to the transplant hole
It was just the mykos that went in the whole and on the roots, per your instructions many full/new moons ago. Sprayed with water to make it stick, just like you taught me! The GF was mixed in with the soil.

Also, the Red Dragon starting to show similar signs has no GF anywhere in it.
And while I’m here questioning your decisions, I’ll also say that adding mycorrhizae isn’t just about getting faster root growth, it’s inoculating and protecting the roots against pathogens, disease etc. so it’s for improved health in general. I was sad for the Candida that it didn’t get any.
That's as may be, but I'll take my chances if it will slow down root growth! Please don't be sad. :( A lot of my plants never got mykos on transplant and they did alright.
And, Shedman, I of course don’t want to leave it at questioning your decisions so I’ll also say that the plants are looking fully wonderful in general - funky growth aside - and I’m stoked to see the summer plants pucked and raring to go!
Thanks! Always leave them with a compliment...I like your style. :high-five:

I know I don’t know a whole bunch yet, but Could it be thrips? It just reminded me of how my peach and plum tree leaves get funky looking in the spring due to thrips. By the time you see the damage the thrip is long gone.

Back
Top Bottom