InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Speaking of questions, I do have one or two... lol. Have any of the more seasoned growers here ever had an auto go 50 days without showing signs of pre flower? :hmmmm: I have an "auto" WW x BB that is on day 49, and no sign of flower action yet. I'm seriously thinking it's not, and regretting buying from a place I didn't thoroughly research first. After reading a few journals and looking around here, this not so supreme seed bank has a reputation for messed up orders, iffy genetics, and not great customer service. :rolleyes:

Are you sure the WW x BB is an auto? I got a WW x BB freebie seed but it doesn't say auto on it anywhere.

So, I did little more digging, and bought some other seeds from a different provider that I remembered being a sponsor here at one point. Not sure if they still are and not sure how to find out so no names, but they are NOT the seed man Goody has a stash from. My next question is in regards to what seed I should drop for my next grow? My choices (all autos) are as follows:

1. BCN Critical XXL
2. Gorilla Glue
3. Blackberry Gum
4. Northern Lights

Any and all suggestions are welcome! :thanks::adore:

The only strain I have any experience with is the Northern Lights and it's a very nice strain for a relaxing high.

If you're looking for a strain to help with pain during the day, I have found that CB Dutch Treat works well for me. At night, I use Hash Plant, which also helps my insomnia.

Are you sure the WW x BB is an auto? I got a WW x BB freebie seed but it doesn't say auto on it anywhere.

The only strain I have any experience with is the Northern Lights and it's a very nice strain for a relaxing high.

If you're looking for a strain to help with pain during the day, I have found that CB Dutch Treat works well for me. At night, I use Hash Plant, which also helps my insomnia.

Pretty sure, since I searched specifically for autos, and the description said it was supposed to go from seed to harvest in 8-10 weeks. I also ordered some Auto Cream seeds, and they threw in a free OG Kush feminized seed that wasn't an auto. :hmmmm:

I do have another seed order that hopefully arrives in the next 10 days, which it should. My last order from the same place arrived only 18 days after I ordered them, and these were ordered on the 9th.

Dawn it is, and if you had to put yourself through all that I'm really glad you enjoyed the read!

LOL, no pressure to sub here at all! But as long as you are here... :welcome: . Skip the back reading (unless you're a completionist like some people :battingeyelashes: ) and just ask questions about anything you want to know. I don't mind answering things more than once. How do you think this got to 1292 pages? ;)
Thanks for the welcome.

And no worries' I'm already up to 2015. Seems like a pretty quick read so I figure I'll be caught up in no time. o_O

I don't think I can go with straight soil since this stuff is really dense with very little perlite to start
I agree that there isn’t much perlite but when I look closely at your picture of the Kellogg patio mix I see quite a bit of aged forest products / woody debris, which should help with drainage. If you had a mixture of peat moss and EWC with the same amount of perlite that is in your patio mix, now that would be dense and have poor drainage. Maybe do what GDB suggested and use potting mix straight from the bag with just one of the plants you plan on transplanting. You know……do it for science. Maybe do it with the JH. Isn‘t that the one you thought about giving up on? And if it doesn’t work out, no big loss.

Where is Shed? It's not like him to not post anything for a day especially on the weekend. I hope he's okay.

I think you have that backward HG. I'm here M-F and rarely here on weekends!

Weekends have no meaning for those of us who are retired. :laughtwo:

I guess I thought you were on here all the time since you're so active here. I honestly never even noticed which days you're active and which days you're not.

I honestly never even noticed which days you're active and which days you're not.
Shed, that's called a backhanded compliment. Just don't focus too much on the "I never even noticed" comment. Think about the big picture and more on her concern for your welfare.

But I want you to know that I noticed. Well, not really because, you know, there's so much going on in the garden, and so many journals to follow that do update on the weekend, and...

:laughtwo:

Pics tomorrow, quotes today!
Thanks for the welcome. And no worries' I'm already up to 2015. Seems like a pretty quick read so I figure I'll be caught up in no time.
LOL! Take your time, or forever. And I'd say start Oct 17, 2017 to save yourself some trouble. ;)
It's the little things you remember that makes you unique. Well done!
I remembered to Google royal titles beginning with G. That's how good I am. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I agree that there isn’t much perlite but when I look closely at your picture of the Kellogg patio mix I see quite a bit of aged forest products / woody debris, which should help with drainage. If you had a mixture of peat moss and EWC with the same amount of perlite that is in your patio mix, now that would be dense and have poor drainage. Maybe do what GDB suggested and use potting mix straight from the bag with just one of the plants you plan on transplanting. You know……do it for science. Maybe do it with the JH. Isn‘t that the one you thought about giving up on? And if it doesn’t work out, no big loss.
Exactly what I did because I read your post before I transplanted yesterday! :thanks: And I remembered to weigh them wet as well.
Where is Shed? It's not like him to not post anything for a day especially on the weekend. I hope he's okay.
All is well here, thanks HG!
Weekends have no meaning for those of us who are retired. I guess I thought you were on here all the time since you're so active here. I honestly never even noticed which days you're active and which days you're not.
Thanks for thinking about me. :hug:

And I'm looking forward for the days when weekends are the same as weekdays, but it will be a few more years... :slide:
Shed, that's called a backhanded compliment. Just don't focus too much on the "I never even noticed" comment. Think about the big picture and more on her concern for your welfare. But I want you to know that I noticed. Well, not really because, you know, there's so much going on in the garden, and so many journals to follow that do update on the weekend, and...
Thanks Azimuth! I know HG only was thinking good thoughts. :Namaste:
Happy father's day to you and all of the other daddies out there. I hope y'all are treated like kings today!
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Happy Daddy Day All .
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads and happy Summer Solstice to everyone.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Hope it's a bright and sunny one with lots of fun!
Thanks gang! Happy Father's day to all the dads out there. :ciao:

And to those who aren't, happy Father's Day to your dads - even those no longer with us.
Going to go shoot some pool with my son in a while , of coarse i am buying .
Of course you are, because you are a good dad. :)

I'm late with this, as usual, but Happy Fathers Day, Shed!
I hope the family showered you with lavish gifts...or...they at least remembered it was Fathers Day.. :)

Monday update (that is actually on the top of the page)! Pics-a-poppin' with many before-and-afters, along with a few more hyphens...

Let's start with Saturday when it was time to try something new for the Summer (probably Fall) three. Before doing the transplanting, I needed to rinse the perlite:

That's just a pot wedged in another pot to keep the water flowing.

Then it was on to moving them up to 3 gallon velcro GeoPots:

Not a big difference in size as you can tell, but I'm looking forward to the pots getting filled with roots quickly. :)

The Sour G and Chiquita Banana went into a 75/25 soil/perlite mix, and the Jack Herer (per GDB and BigD's suggestions) went into almost straight Kellogg Patio Plus potting soil, with a little bit of perlite thrown in.

All three mixes were blended with 1 tsp/soil gallon of @DYNOMYCO and 1 tsp/soil gallon of Earth Alive Soil Activator (which, for some reason, gives the mixing instructions at 3.5oz/21 gallons...as if that's some sort of standard!).

I watered them with an approximately 4g/gallon equivalent, though I went easy on the water for the JH due to the lack of roots. Then I weighed them (utility scale, pardon the dirt)!

The JH, with less water, weighed the most because it's almost 25% more soil/gallon than the others.

On Sunday I topped them all, and here are the post-transplant before-and-after-topping pics:

I just took the very tops of the JH and CB, but the Sour G top was getting planted (along with the two lowest nodes), so I took off about three nodes on that one.

Here are the Sour G cuttings:

I plan on trying to make seeds of the Sour G, so having some clones may come in handy.

Sunday was also time to finally get around to doing the post-stretch thinning on the Spring two, on flip day 27.

Before and after for the Tin Can Kush:

Here's what came off:

One of my supercrop knuckles:

Before and after for the Red Dragon:

Here's what came off:

Now, some of you may be thinking that there's not much difference between the before and after pics given what I removed, but that's because I learned from @Graytail to remove the flower but not the adjoining fan leaves. The plant needs fans to do the photosynthesis, as well as keep nutrients on hand in case of emergencies.

Here is one example of what I mean:

And here is a clearer example from when I thinned the Durban Poison a few months ago:
full

Just a helpful hint from your friends at 420magazine!

If you have any questions about why or how I thin pre and post flip, ask away. :high-five:

Last for the day are some pollen sac pics:

Still not seeing any pollen, but just in case I shake the STS plant over the other two in the tent every morning with the fans off, and then leave them for the day. We'll see!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, a good Father's Day if you celebrated it, and is looking forward to a productive week in and out of your gardens.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom