InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Here's a Tuesday night update since the plants got some time in the sun today! It's flip day 51, and Delicious Seeds has the Amnesia Lemon Kush at 60-65 days of flower (which puts the harvest late next week), and Ventura Seed Co says the Le Creme CBG is "Early September Fast Finish." We'll see what that means at 12/12. :hmmmm: I'll get some pics with the scope later this week.

Let's start with the colorful LeC:

And the happily less-colorful ALK:

And while I'm showing y'all what's growing, here is everything that lives on or around the desk at night:

That completes the dime tour of my grow, so please leave your money in the Trick-or-Treat-for-Unicef box on the way out.

Regarding my Covid, I have regained a slight sense of smell (via the patchouli test, and I added the ground oregano test), and I'll know in a bit if I can taste any of the dinner! The Paxlovid or time seems have knocked back most of the cold/flu-like symptoms, and I'll retest tomorrow afternoon (last Pax dose at 8am) and see what it says.

Stay safe out there y'all! :peace:

Regarding my Covid, I have regained a slight sense of smell (via the patchouli test, and I added the ground oregano test), and I'll know in a bit if I can taste any of the dinner!

If you can't smell patchouli you can't smell anything. That shit stinks to high heaven. I hate the smell of it and my father-in-law bathes in it whenever he goes out. 🤮

If you can't smell patchouli you can't smell anything. That shit stinks to high heaven. I hate the smell of it and my father-in-law bathes the in it whenever he goes out.
I was completely nose and taste blind from Friday afternoon until this afternoon. And now that I can just barely smell patchouli (and therefore your FIL), maybe you can replace his cologne with oregano oil. That seems to penetrate my sense of smell best!

Dinner update: can't taste the steak or the salt :( but I can taste the black pepper and the potatoes roasted in oil and onions. :thumb:

Hey Shed :ciao:

Got a question for you. I was sitting here copping a buzz, minding my own business, thinking 'bout stuff a stoned mind might think about. And I was thinking about pronunciations between dialects of English (an Aussie was on TV and I was having trouble understanding my own language) and then I wondered ...

Hey! How does an Englishman say "Grrr"? (Or a Bostonian, for that matter).

"Guuu"?

As I recall, your wife is English?

A stoned mind wants to know.

:Namaste:

Here's a Tuesday night update since the plants got some time in the sun today! It's flip day 51, and Delicious Seeds has the Amnesia Lemon Kush at 60-65 days of flower (which puts the harvest late next week), and Ventura Seed Co says the Le Creme CBG is "Early September Fast Finish." We'll see what that means at 12/12. :hmmmm: I'll get some pics with the scope later this week.

Let's start with the colorful LeC:

And the happily less-colorful ALK:

And while I'm showing you all what's growing, here is everything that lives on or around the desk at night:

That completes the dime tour of my grow, so please leave your money in the Trick-or-Treat-for-Unicef box on the way out.

Regarding my Covid, I have regained a slight sense of smell (via the patchouli test, and I added the ground oregano test), and I'll know in a bit if I can taste any of the dinner! The Paxlovid or time seems have knocked back most of the cold/flu-like symptoms, and I'll retest tomorrow afternoon (last Pax dose at 8am) and see what it says.

Stay safe out there y'all! :peace:
Nice looking 👀 grow you got there Shed but I’m wondering about your Swick. What are you using? CL 🍀:popcorn::Namaste:

Hey Shed
Got a question for you. I was sitting here copping a buzz, minding my own business, thinking 'bout stuff a stoned mind might think about. And I was thinking about pronunciations between dialects of English (an Ossie was on TV and I was having trouble understanding my own language) and then I wondered ...
"Guuu"?
As I recall, you wife is English?
Next time she wanders down the hall to the isolation ward I'll ask her, and I'll transliterate it here as best as I can!
Nice looking 👀 grow you got there Shed but I’m wondering about your Swick. What are you using? CL 🍀
Oh you flatter me Captain, for this is not much a grow to look at! But to answer your question, the SWICK solo is a method Azi recommended a while back, where there is perlite packed into the bottom of a solo cup so that is it just above the hole that has been melted into it (I use these for my perlite cuttings so I have a few on hand).

The soil gets packed on top of the perlite around the stem of the cutting, and the perlite above the hole acts as the air gap. You can find the original pics and description here, and see how I water it here.
I'm still trying to figure out how an Auzzi says "No" - they seem to get an "R" in there somehow! Right at the end...
Hmmmm....my capsule hasn't even kicked in yet...... Oh Oh...
You and Graytail are on the same wavelength! :meditate:

I'm still trying to figure out how an Auzzi says "No" - they seem to get an "R" in there somehow! Right at the end...
Hmmmm....my capsule hasn't even kicked in yet...... Oh Oh...
Damn, now I'm wondering what an Englishman does on talk-like-a-pirate day. *sigh* :bongrip:

[Edit] Weren't there English pirates, too? :hmmmm:

(Sorry, I'm on a roll here.)

I can imagine John Cleese and Marty Palin doing a skit for talk-like-a-pirate day.

Anyone remember the dead parrot sketch?

The soil gets packed on top of the perlite around the stem of the cutting, and the perlite above the hole acts as the air gap. You can find the original pics and description here, and see how I water it here.
This is what I was looking for earlier when I went to create my mini-SIPs. I was looking in the SIP club :( This is SO much simpler than what I came up with :rolleyes:

Next time she wanders down the hall to the isolation ward I'll ask her, and I'll transliterate it here as best as I can!

Oh you flatter me Captain, for this is not much a grow to look at! But to answer your question, the SWICK solo is a method Azi recommended a while back, where there is perlite packed into the bottom of a solo cup so that is it just above the hole that has been melted into it (I use these for my perlite cuttings so I have a few on hand).

You and Graytail are on the same wavelength! :meditate:
Wouldn’t that be considered a Sip and not a Swick? CL🍀 :thanks: :Namaste:

Damn, now I'm wondering what an Englishman does on talk-like-a-pirate day. *sigh*
[Edit] Weren't there English pirates, too?
They can pronounce R's when they want to!
(Sorry, I'm on a roll here.)
I can imagine John Cleese and Marty Palin doing a skit for talk-like-a-pirate day.
Anyone remember the dead parrot sketch?
Love that sketch. 🦜 :rip:
Guess you haven't seen Erik the Viking
LOL! Another Terry Jones weird and probably way too long movie. I think the trailer was all I needed. :)
This is what I was looking for earlier when I went to create my mini-SIPs. I was looking in the SIP club This is SO much simpler than what I came up with
You're an inventor at heart, no doubt!
Wouldn’t that be considered a Sip and not a Swick? CL🍀
It's a SWICK because the perlite wicks the water up into the soil. A SIP has a soil foot that is submerged in the reservoir. All my soil is above the air gap.

There is snow from California to Canada right now. Cali more famous for red/white wine. Canada for “Ice Wine” originally German I think.

This is where its frozen on the vine, naturally by the environment (it snows!)

Dessert wines so very sweet typically.

Hope you're feeling better soon Shed!

When the grapes freeze the sugars are concentrated, and what comes out when they're pressed is more like a syrup rather than juice.
You need temps down to -9C (I think) to harvest the grapes to make it.
I don't remember if they were able to make it this year. It wasn't the usual winter. If they couldn't it would be the first time since production began.
I live a nice 30 minute drive from Ontario wine country.
They make some really nice wines here.
I guess someone could try taking something like Amnesia Haze or Old-timers Haze through until the cold kills it. Harvest at night when the temps are below freezing.

Ice Wine, or "Eiswein" in German, is only made in certain years when there's an early freeze while the grapes are still on the vine. It produces a very sweet dessert wine with an elevated alcoholic content because the water in the grapes forms ice crystals that are removed when the grapes are pressed. It's due to the reduced water content that you get the concentration in sweetness and alcohol content.

Unless you're pressing your buds for juice, I don't think it will work out the same for MMJ.

BTW, Ice Wine is delicious and very expensive. It's about 4x the cost of a decent bottle of wine but comes in a bottle that's about 1/2 the size.

Neat! I didn't take it in properly on the first reading. Nice and simple.

If you can't smell patchouli you can't smell anything. That shit stinks to high heaven. I hate the smell of it and my father-in-law bathes the in it whenever he goes out. 🤮
Is your father in law a Dead Head?Patchouli is the official bathing product of Dead Heads. lol CL🍀 :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

Is your father in law a Dead Head?Patchouli is the official bathing product of Dead Heads. lol CL🍀 :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

More The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Pink Floyd.

Hey Shed :ciao:

Got a question for you. I was sitting here copping a buzz, minding my own business, thinking 'bout stuff a stoned mind might think about. And I was thinking about pronunciations between dialects of English (an Aussie was on TV and I was having trouble understanding my own language) and then I wondered ...

"Guuu"?

As I recall, your wife is English?

:Namaste:
Hey Graytail, stoned minds huh? Well we here in Boston can easily pronounce our ahs (r's)
perfectly in the case of words like Grrr. It's the many other placements of the r that seem to hurt to pronounce like the famous car and yard ones. Street uses a proper r sound. We're language remis in that area for sure. Wouldn't be home though otherwise! :)
:laugh::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom