InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Wednesday update!

Let's check in with some of the happenings at my place on flip day 24, shall we? I took some tent shots so it would be easier to see the plants without the contrast that comes from the sun.

Here's the Amnesia Lemon Kush SaugaView®:

Le Creme CBG, same angle:

And the two together so you can see the difference in color:

To show you what I mean about the different bud structure, here is the ALK:

Much looser spacing than the LeC:

That is much more what I'm used to in my plants.

Moving outside, let's take a look at the cloned tops, cut on 12/26/22:

They need water every morning but they're not getting upcanned yet (it hasn't been 180 days after all :cheesygrinsmiley: ), so I leave them inside every other day to slow their roll a bit.

Finally, here's a shot of the winter grow outside:

They just look like a smaller version of my other grows, like this one. I wonder what the g/day number is going to look like with a shorter veg. :hmmmm:

That's it from me today. I hope your day is filled with at least a bit of laughter and a bit sunshine. ☀️

Quotes:

Nice hybrid approach!

I hope you're okay with that and we don't need an intervention...

Another one in an abusive relationship with golf. Thank god I don't play!

So not golf-related? :hmmmm:

Terrific information in there stardawg, and thanks for updating us on the 18 month old flower! Get that order in and drop those seeds. There are meds to be grown. :thumb:

If my hunch is correct, even though it says you're in Illinois, you were not raised in an American household!

Endoc LOL! I feel the same way every time I type out endocannabinoid. :high-five:

Checked google and found this from last June:
"The North Carolina Senate on Thursday gave initial approval to a bill to legalize medical marijuana."
Source

No idea where it went from there. Sorry. :(

Humor can be tough to discern in posts, and half of my dry humor gets missed by folks who can't hear me or haven't figured me out yet.

I'm not that far removed from there as a grower. I'll consider myself improved when I can finally get a plant in flower that's not constantly dropping the lower leaves!
Second funniest man on 420, mate 🤣

Plants look great, Brother! :bravo:

BTW....

1 turkey bag is equal to 3 jars

I was able to get some extra large turkey bags that are about the size of a five gallon bucket. Search the "Jungle" site for "Buddy Bags"...By the name, I don't think they're really made for turkey! :rofl:

Humor can be tough to discern in posts, and half of my dry humor gets missed by folks who can't hear me or haven't figured me out yet.
Why I haven't noticed!
I'm not that far removed from there as a grower. I'll consider myself improved when I can finally get a plant in flower that's not constantly dropping the lower leaves!
I thought they drop leaves when they feel comfortable and healthy enough and don't need them. Every plant I grow loses bottom leaves galore. I could be wrong.
Your winter ladies are shaping up beautifully!

Sounds like what i need now for my neck from reading LOL Friend of mine called this morn. and said that he heard on radio news that they legalized medical here in North Carolina, any body hear this , i can't find nothing up to date ?
Fingers crossed for the Tar Heeled State 🤞. It’s a beautiful thing if true. Illinois has been loving it for several years now. CL🍀 :woohoo: :party::cheer::theband::kiss::high-five::420:

What up Shedster!? Man, I forgot how quick your journal runs ! That auto is looking short, stocky and strong with a nice trunk for support too. Was chekcing out the thinning job too, I needed a double take, guess you work from the ground up. I like that idea about the clones too. You the SHED!

:idea:

They just look like a smaller version of my other grows,
They my look a little smaller but they’re as healthy and good looking as anything from the past.
I‘m seriously loving that Kush.

Is this a celebration weekend for you? :)

Thursday update with some happenings on the Desk of Offspring®. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Still no roots on the Candida cuttings I took back in December (though still not dead), nor on the Amnesia Lemon Kush cuttings from Jan 12 (so I threw those out), but I do have some news on the Le Creme CBG perlite cuttings also from Jan 12th:

Roots on all four! I planted three, and as I told @Azimuth I would per this, I put one in a SWICK style soil-over-perlite solo cup.

Perlite to just above the hole in the side:

The one with the fewest roots:

I'm guessing I water the SWICK perlite one just by putting it in a cup of water up to the hole from now on. Or I could push a straw down into the perlite!

The new LeC clone collection:

And the LeC cuttings I took Jan 19th also did well:

But I tossed those as well because I need room on the desk for the Candida cuttings I'm going to take this week and put in soil with domes.

[For those wondering why I'm cloning the LeC when I have many seeds left, it's something I do when I plan on getting medical plants tested, so I don't need to test every time I flower one out in the future.]

That was this morning's action! I hope your morning was a bit less rushed. :)

Quotes:
I'm not sure why I made the comment about being an advanced beginner. I was probably going to lavish praise on you, but purple kush...
LOL!
Second funniest man on 420, mate
Uh...thanks Nick!
Go on then, who's the first homey?
Har, damn good question. :popcorn:
Is Howie allowed, technically not a man, but the wisdom…?
I'm second funniest to Bill's dog? Dayum.
Plants look great, Brother!
Thanks Mr. Krip!
I was able to get some extra large turkey bags that are about the size of a five gallon bucket. Search the "Jungle" site for "Buddy Bags"...By the name, I don't think they're really made for turkey!
:laugh: They didn't want to call them Pig Roasting Bags?
Or that!
Why I haven't noticed!
Because you're too classy Otter!
I thought they drop leaves when they feel comfortable and healthy enough and don't need them. Every plant I grow loses bottom leaves galore. I could be wrong.
It seems to be something that happens very shortly after flip for me, long before they would be losing them because they don't need them.

Maybe next grow I won't lollipop any leaves and see if that makes a difference...
Your winter ladies are shaping up beautifully!
:thanks:
And @InTheShed drops mics like Eddie Murphy
I did? I didn't even say anything. :hmmmm:
Thanks Shed , I think my buddy was hearing things .. Again , The same thing i had read sometime back though . Oh well
Sorry sb, maybe this year. :high-five:
Fingers crossed for the Tar Heeled State 🤞. It’s a beautiful thing if true. Illinois has been loving it for several years now. CL
Illinois had Blagojevich as governor so obviously it's a free-for-all there. ;)
What up Shedster!? Man, I forgot how quick your journal runs !
Hey Age, anything runs quick compared to the Emerald City!
That auto is looking short, stocky and strong with a nice trunk for support too. Was chekcing out the thinning job too, I needed a double take, guess you work from the ground up. I like that idea about the clones too. You the SHED!
Thanks! I definitely started from the bottom, now I'm here.
They my look a little smaller but they’re as healthy and good looking as anything from the past. I‘m seriously loving that Kush.
Thank you Nev! That ALK is really moving along and not yellowing yet, so that's definitely something to love. :)

And per @Stunger's request, I rubbed the stems this morning and definitely got some lemon scent! That is a smell I can identify.
Is this a celebration weekend for you?
Close enough! Thanks for keeping track. :love:

And the LeC cuttings I took Jan 19th also did well:
I am so jealous....I have had horrible luck with clones....the only thing I can get to root is geraniums and coleus!!!
It's not fair!!!!! Just not fair!!!!!! :thedoubletake: :hmmmm::thedoubletake:

I'm guessing I water the SWICK perlite one just by putting it in a cup of water up to the hole from now on. Or I could push a straw down into the perlite!
Exactly right, and without soil all the way down to the bottom, the perlite will take the water quite quickly. The straw thing would be to fidgety to do on a regular basis.

I use a slightly wider cup than the SIP I'm watering.

I think "Cure Your Huge Stash Bags" violates the store policy
Quite true, though it would sell better than Pig Bag!
I am so jealous....I have had horrible luck with clones....the only thing I can get to root is geraniums and coleus!!!
It's not fair!!!!! Just not fair!!!!!!
Have you tried the beez0404 method of cloning? It's my go-to (with a few mods) for clones that I must have root.
Exactly right, and without soil all the way down to the bottom, the perlite will take the water quite quickly. The straw thing would be to fidgety to do on a regular basis. I use a slightly wider cup than the SIP I'm watering.
Thanks Azi, that's what I'll do. It'll be a while before it needs any since I top watered it this morning, but when it feels light it will get a dunk.

Thanx - I'll study up on that!!!
The mods I made don't change the basic process but I'll list them here in case anyone is interested:

• I use Dip'n Grow rooting hormone rather than Clonex gel.
• I use plain distilled water rather than water and Clonex liquid.
• I don't take off the domes in timed intervals (because I work and @beez0404 is retired :cheesygrinsmiley: ), so I just tip the domes back a bit after the 4th day and wait a couple of days, and tip them further and further each day after that until they're not really doing anything and I can take them off.

Back
Top Bottom