InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I didn't! That's why I had to move the AK into the bike shed/shed. It's never totally dark out there.
I was told Mother Nature will do it thing it’s never fully dark here I even have my bob fire beside plants heard it s different kind of light it gives off and not to worry. Didn’t have any problems with the cheese plant hmm but I guess light patio would be different if close too ?

I will. I wait until I managed to get the jars down in the 60-65% range which can be tough given the high RH where I live. Sometimes I use rice balls, sometimes I put the jars open in a box with a small dehumidifier. For me the cure doesn't start until the buds have been in jars for at least two weeks of burping. Then sealed with a hyrgometer and a B62 for the cure. I try to remember take the hygrometer out after a few days of consistent humidity so I can use it again. Which reminds me, I have to go find all the ones still in the jars from last time!
I like 58% a bit better personally

I was told Mother Nature will do it thing it’s never fully dark here I even have my bob fire beside plants heard it s different kind of light it gives off and not to worry. Didn’t have any problems with the cheese plant hmm but I guess light patio would be different if close too ?
My lights are a lot closer to the plants than your patio was to the cheese, but I would think that there's a big difference between pitch black like a tent and growing a plant on your patio with the lights on at night.
I like 58% a bit better personally
My wife doesn't like her dope too dry. Sometimes she complains about 62%!
a hairvain that sprung and is making a black spot?
No black spot, nothing visible. Still a mystery. Thanks for the thoughts though!

I just wanted to mention that the Therm-pro meter has a 1 year warranty. I bought it May 22nd of last year and the display went out on it about 54 weeks later :).

Send it back if the company has any integrity at all they will replace it for you.

in a green house with supplemental lights! Yaaaaaay #cantwait
oh yes that’s the dream! I have long term visions about exactly that!
Next weekend I'll seal them with the B62s for the cure. (That's almost two bands right there.)
;)
Anyone ever have a part of their scalp that really hurts when they press on it? I do. Just above my right ear.
Bodies are weird!

Nice update, nice haul on the AK... just, nice... :thumb:

Hey ITS, At day 42, doing heavy trim. got a pile of stuff off her today.
That's a heavy trimming gr8! Did you do it for airflow and light penetration or just because you thought you could use some finger hash?
perfect timing to sell you a new one ... to close for coincidence...
Send it back if the company has any integrity at all they will replace it for you.
I find it hard to believe that this company would replace a $9 meter when it breaks out of warranty (with almost perfect timing!), but I'll see if I can find their info. Not worth sending back if that's what they require though.
oh yes that’s the dream! I have long term visions about exactly that!
;)
Bodies are weird!
Nice update, nice haul on the AK... just, nice... :thumb:
Bodies are weird, greenhouses are great, and the AK harvest is headed nicely toward the cure :). Thanks for checking in!:green_heart:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quick worm bin update. Besides the thousands of fruit flies, other flies, beetles, and other creatures, there are indeed still some worms in there! I dug around to see what was going on and found some. Thanks @Blew Hiller! I also found that the water had drained out the holes I punched, which is good. Here is what it looks like after I turned it over:

And in the pitch black, there are sprouts growing out of potato peelings! :eek: Obviously doesn't take much to grow potatoes if you can do it in the dark from just a peel:

There is still a load of veggie pieces in there (skins, carrot shavings, broccoli, etc.) so I don't have any idea when or how you take out the castings (or distinguish the castings from the soil I used to put on top to keep the flies down - I don't do that any more because it was basically just turning into a container of soil).

At least there are some worms in there though!

It's a start-stop-start work week for me because we drive up to get my daughter from school on Wednesday, drive back Thursday, and back to work on Friday. I'd have taken Friday off but need the time at work to catch up on all your updates I'll have missed ;).

That's a heavy trimming gr8! Did you do it for airflow and light penetration or just because you thought you could use some finger hash?

I find it hard to believe that this company would replace a $9 meter when it breaks out of warranty (with almost perfect timing!), but I'll see if I can find their info. Not worth sending back if that's what they require though.

Bodies are weird, greenhouses are great, and the AK harvest is headed nicely toward the cure :). Thanks for checking in!:green_heart:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quick worm bin update. Besides the thousands of fruit flies, other flies, beetles, and other creatures, there are indeed still some worms in there! I dug around to see what was going on and found some. Thanks @Blew Hiller! I also found that the water had drained out the holes I punched, which is good. Here is what it looks like after I turned it over:

And in the pitch black, there are sprouts growing out of potato peelings! :eek: Obviously doesn't take much to grow potatoes if you can do it in the dark from just a peel:

There is still a load of veggie pieces in there (skins, carrot shavings, broccoli, etc.) so I don't have any idea when or how you take out the castings (or distinguish the castings from the soil I used to put on top to keep the flies down - I don't do that any more because it was basically just turning into a container of soil).

At least there are some worms in there though!

It's a start-stop-start work week for me because we drive up to get my daughter from school on Wednesday, drive back Thursday, and back to work on Friday. I'd have taken Friday off but need the time at work to catch up on all your updates I'll have missed ;).

Do you have holes the bin, look very wet, and could be acidic, in that case worms would have a hard time in there.

Back
Top Bottom