InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

LOL! Outdoor auto SIP are three words combined for failure. Prove me wrong. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks g-one-three! Green thumbs that are developed outside can sure take time to green up indoors, I've proven that. :)

Stick around for a while and we'll see what late November brings!

I appreciate the faith sb, thanks!

We'll I'm not sure I've seen anyone on the site do any manipulation of the atmosphere in their curing area, so you might be doing a lot of internet searching to find an answer. That said, if you're just looking to control it in jars and can find a way to replace the air with different specific gases, that would be an interesting experiment to do with a harvest, even if only tested with your nose at the end.

I scanned that article but that chart and most of their info is well above my pay grade. The only thing I recall learning here was that the lower the moisture content of the flowers in the jars, the lower the bacterial activity that we call the curing process.

Thanks Nick, that really can't be emphasized enough for folks looking to work with CO2 in their grows (or curing).

The only two people I'm aware of as focused as you are at growing with CO2 were also working with the same precautions you are, but @Rider509 and @nobodyhere haven't been here in a very long time.

Interesting concept and good advice. I recall mentioning to someone who wanted to use a CO2 bag in the tent that their bedroom was not the best place for it.

Oh wow, good catch on that. @West Hippie recently learned that his gas heater was slowly (and at least once, quickly) killing him, including multiple trips to the hospital. He's much improved since he tossed it.

Now now, let's not get personal here. A discussion on gases to enhance curing is one thing, but taking the piss out of the fact that Nick is referring to stuff he learned in school shouldn't be a target. You're doing the research because it's your question to answer. He's giving you what he knows with disclaimers included. Can't ask for more than that!

:Namaste:
Duly noted. Never mind. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Graytail, and if you dig up some more info, pass it along! :slide:
Heheh, with all due respect, :Namaste: I think I'll let people come find me and ask if they ever want to know.

Oh c'mon, we
You came here looking for input and I'm not sure why you feel like you didn't get treated right, but it's entirely up to you obviously!
Oh c'mon, we have to do the drama thing? I like lurking here. ;)
Nobody is curious, nobody has wanted to take the time so far. S'ok. All's good. :thumb: Really.

Oh c'mon, we have to do the drama thing? I like lurking here.
Nobody is curious, nobody has wanted to take the time so far. S'ok. All's good. Really.
Love to have you checking in Graytail! I'm definitely curious but have no idea how any grower here would implement it if it turns out that X gas increases terpenes/cannabinoids during curing. Do I buy a tank of xenon and sort out an injection system? In the end my wife would still say "it gets me high!" :laugh:

Purely of academic interest to me.

Oh wow, good catch on that. @West Hippie recently learned that his gas heater was slowly (and at least once, quickly) killing him, including multiple trips to the hospital. He's much improved since he tossed it.
This is concerning. What was it about the heater that was making him ill, and what do you mean it was killing him? How? I have a gas heater in my bedroom for the middle of winter during loadshedding and there is no ventilation when I use it. I only turn it on for a short time while I shower, or to warm up the room before bed, then I turn it off again. Should I rather not use it?

This is concerning. What was it about the heater that was making him ill, and what do you mean it was killing him? How? I have a gas heater in my bedroom for the middle of winter during loadshedding and there is no ventilation when I use it. I only turn it on for a short time while I shower, or to warm up the room before bed, then I turn it off again. Should I rather not use it?
I would check that with WH himself next time he's around, but I believe it was pushing CO into the room rather than venting it outside. He already has COPD and this made it much worse.

You can get carbon monoxide poisoning from using gas heaters that have poor maintenance and that aren't venting via the flu correctly.
We had a family die over hear from a gas wall heater that wasn't ventilated properly.
@Preston9mm would be the one to ask about your room gas heater since he's got the tickets 🙂😉

Exactly what Absorber said. Weirdly/sadly every year a British family seems to go on holiday to Spain/Greece wherever and the water heater breaks and kills them all with carbon monoxide. Taking that stuff seriously and reporting on it is one of the few useful bits of reporting english tabloids do well.

@InTheShed Xenon would be one that I’d think of as well. Its inert and noble?

Here’s a slightly different question (for fun!)

If for fertiliser I was 100% LOS/all organic but enhanced the air with additional Co2 is it still organic?!

Nick

@Preston9mm would be the one to ask about your room gas heater since he's got the tickets
At least we know what our plumber got on his test!
I did say "X gas" didn't I? :)
If for fertiliser I was 100% LOS/all organic but enhanced the air with additional Co2 is it still organic?!
I'm probably the wrong person to answer that question since I don't grow organically, but I would say yes, still organic. The way the plant is taking up nutrients from the soil remains the same, CO2 or no.

At least we know what our plumber got on his test!

I did say "X gas" didn't I? :)

I'm probably the wrong person to answer that question since I don't grow organically, but I would say yes, still organic. The way the plant is taking up nutrients from the soil remains the same, CO2 or no.
Hey Shedster I haven’t seen anything new yet on the fruit n seeds. So I was wondering if you learned anything from doing that? CL🍀. :thanks::ciao:

Timely discussion of CO2 / CO.

A few days ago my daughter had to have her apartment heater replaced. Her Carbon Monoxide detector went off in the middle of the night (shrieking loudly). She thought it was defective and unplugged it. The next day she called the landlord to have it checked out. Their maintenance guy came and said everything was fine. Fortunately she also called the Gas Co and they showed up right away and found extremely high carbon monoxide levels. They red tagged the furnace (do not use). The landlord replaced it the next day.

Both CO2 and carbon monoxide can be deadly as they displace oxygen in the room. Both are relatively odorless.

If you have a bad headache and are extremely drowsy go outside immediately and get some fresh air! Open windows and turn off any combustion devices until they can be checked by someone smart. A constant headache while in one particular room is also a warning sign. That's your brain telling you to please supply more oxygen.

:hookah:

Timely discussion of CO2 / CO.

A few days ago my daughter had to have her apartment heater replaced. Her Carbon Monoxide detector went off in the middle of the night (shrieking loudly). She thought it was defective and unplugged it. The next day she called the landlord to have it checked out. Their maintenance guy came and said everything was fine. Fortunately she also called the Gas Co and they showed up right away and found extremely high carbon monoxide levels. They red tagged the furnace (do not use). The landlord replaced it the next day.

Both CO2 and carbon monoxide can be deadly as they displace oxygen in the room. Both are relatively odorless.

If you have a bad headache and are extremely drowsy go outside immediately and get some fresh air! Open windows and turn off any combustion devices until they can be checked by someone smart. A constant headache while in one particular room is also a warning sign. That's your brain telling you to please supply more oxygen.
That's crazy scary and so great your daughter followed up with the gas company! They use the real meters and not some cheap retail grade ones.

You can get carbon monoxide poisoning from using gas heaters that have poor maintenance and that aren't venting via the flu correctly.
We had a family die over hear from a gas wall heater that wasn't ventilated properly.
@Preston9mm would be the one to ask about your room gas heater since he's got the tickets 🙂😉
This was a vent free brand new unit right outta the box i have plenty of ventilation so take it for what its worth

The reg oven does the same thing with c02 it elevates the levels I seen that on my meter when the better half does her baking it was like 1800/2000 ppm

Exactly what Absorber said. Weirdly/sadly every year a British family seems to go on holiday to Spain/Greece wherever and the water heater breaks and kills them all with carbon monoxide. Taking that stuff seriously and reporting on it is one of the few useful bits of reporting english tabloids do well.

Nick
Good question!👍 I dumped the c02 a long time ago bad for the environment in really hugh levels i think its considered a greenhouse gas✌️

My philosophy is if its bad for the environment other than my truck for work i try to think environmentaly responsible
I want everyones kids and grandkids to enjoy nature and the GREAT THINGS it has to offer! i don't have kids so Im thinking about the future of others and their kids . I even heat with a pellet stove which we have a 90% efficient furnace which never comes on and our hot water heater is an on demand i paid 3 times as much when we replaced our tanked hot water heater but it is worth it to me for the environment even though its a small effort on our part compared to flaring and fracking and crap from the gas companies i can feel good im making a conscious effort to reduce pollution ✌️

My philosophy is if its bad for the environment other than my truck for work i try to think environmentaly responsible
I want everyones kids and grandkids to enjoy nature and the GREAT THINGS it has to offer! i don't have kids so Im thinking about the future of others and their kids . I even heat with a pellet stove which we have a 90% efficient furnace which never comes on and our hot water heater is an on demand i paid 3 times as much when we replaced our tanked hot water heater but it is worth it to me for the environment even though its a small effort on our part compared to flaring and fracking and crap from the gas companies i can feel good im making a conscious effort to reduce pollution ✌️
Not many people are aware of this fact so I thought maybe everyone should know about this. CL🍀

IMG_4360.png

Back
Top Bottom