InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thank you double H, though I would like the Amazon link to your green glasses! :cool:

Thanks Carmen! I would not have been surprised with 4oz total when I started, so these two are the icing on the cake. :)
Hey I got 2 grams total off my outdoor auto SIP.

Ounces? You are legend!

Hey Shed, and Shed's folks - got a question:

A lot of info flows through here so I figured someone may know ...

Years ago, way back in the previous Century, I heard about a process of curing produce in a CO2 atmosphere. Have any of you run across that? It's easy enough these days to reseal open wine bottles by squirting some nitrogen into the bottle before recorking it, and there are jar lids with vacuum ports, so it would be a snap to replace the air in the jar with CO2.

The idea was that it's a chemical process. As the plant desiccated, the CO2 would enhance the conversion from the fresh cannabinoids into the favored ones.

I looked into it several years ago but didn't come up with much about a CO2 "chemical" cure. It seems like it would affect terpenes too. I'll check it out again myself, but sometimes it helps to ask around.

:Namaste:

Found something I haven't studied yet, but here it is:

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.c...rch-cannabis-conference-2022-allison-justice/

Drying_pic2.png

Look I can’t state this clearly enough Co2 can kill you quickly and you don’t even realise it.

I have two 120lb Co2 cylinders in my house delivering it to my plants. Its piped through the riser duct of the house along side where most people just have their plumbing and electrics

IMG_1731.jpeg

This is what that setup looks like. My fert bottles are 20l or 5 gallons if that gives you a sense of scale.50 gallon tank st the back, 25 gallon to the fore.

Slow release mushroom packs this ain’t.

Any micro/marginal gain on faster curing or something is wiped out by just drying and curing slowly. Old fashioned way.

Your personal safety is also at an order of magnitude improved by not dealing with Co2 yourself.

Sure I use it for the living plants but I’ve had some scary moments - therefore I find it hard to recommend its use for people I’m not sure are aware of the risks. For some cure improvements? Honestly? Smoke some weed or tobacco over your buds while you burp them. Probably as effective.

I suspect that the Co2 for cure comes from the food industry and very slow levels. Products like apples shipped from South Africa to Europe maybe?

Not sure there is anyone on the site as familiar with me on Co2 use and growing. If you’re out there and reading please let me know!

Please for curing - maybe a mushroom pack if you want to experiment? Just think about your ventilation setup.

🙏🏼

Nick

I was watching some show on TV about a lake that burped up a CO2 deposit from the bottom and killed every living thing for miles around. o_O I was startled at how low a concentration was enough to suffocate everything. But in this case, I'm talking about a sealed glass jar - not even a remote issue.

And after some reading, if anything, we want to remove CO2, although it isn't explained why, and no mention of any sort of gas enhancing the cannabinoid decay. Dunno. The decay is chemical. It seems like it could be shifted with the gas ratios.

(Oh, and everyone in the world was fine with inhaling elevated CO2 through their masks for 3 years. Not me. I needed the fresh air all the time.) :rolleyes:

I was watching some show on TV about a lake that burped up a CO2 deposit from the bottom and killed every living thing for miles around. o_O I was startled at how low a concentration was enough to suffocate everything. But in this case, I'm talking about a sealed glass jar - not even a remote issue.

And after some reading, if anything, we want to remove CO2, although it isn't explained why, and no mention of any sort of gas enhancing the cannabinoid decay. Dunno. The decay is chemical. It seems like it could be shifted with the gas ratios.

(Oh, and everyone in the world was fine with inhaling elevated CO2 through their masks for 3 years. Not me. I needed the fresh air all the time.) :rolleyes:
living organism expel stored Co2 as they deteriorate. Methane released from refuse sites?

Coal/oil are stored Co2 that’s released when they’re burned.

Can’t logically see adding Co2 is going to improve the release of it in organic matter.

Its release in the buds during cure probably improves flavour

Its release in the buds during cure probably improves flavour
But not cannabinoids? Doesn't seem logical. What have you found so far, in your own research?

I'll look some more later. What did you find? :Namaste:

I was using a gas heater in my basement one of those wall mount units HOLY CRAP my c02 meter was like 2200 i threw that fucker away!
I was more worried about carbon monoxide but after i seen my meter i got rid of it and after i took it out it the reading in the basement dropped back down to like 380 I would have never guessed they didnt say anything about that in the danger part of the heater

But not cannabinoids? Doesn't seem logical. What have you found so far, in your own research?

I'll look some more later. What did you find? :Namaste:
I thought I made clear as @seaofgreen18 did.

Any reward is far exceeded by the risk.

If you’re talking about doing in jar during cure? What do you think you’re burping?

Versions and relations of Co2 such as methane.

Its why trash dumps have fires from time to time. The organic matter decays, converts to gases like methane which catch fire.

Give methane enough time and pressure it converts to substances like oil or coal that power our lives mostly.

My understanding anyhow.

My research on Co2 and vegetable matter decay was mostly completed aged about 13 in a high school science lesson though!

Perfectly possible I’m wrong!

My research on Co2 and vegetable matter decay was mostly completed aged about 13 in a high school science lesson though!

Perfectly possible I’m wrong!
:cheesygrinsmiley: Yeah, I couldn't even begin to count how many people I've talked to over the years who are still proud of those certificates of education they got back when they were 22! That's all they need! :laughtwo: They're smart! They know stuff! Like Fredo.

I like using the googler machine, even as old as I am. That stuff I learned 50 years ago musta gotten a little stale, right? I took 45 minutes to learn a little bit, but not what I was looking for. I'll look again later.

I highly recommend it to everyone. :thumb:

Hey I got 2 grams total off my outdoor auto SIP.
Ounces? You are legend!
LOL! Outdoor auto SIP are three words combined for failure. Prove me wrong. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I finally have caught up to the end and can make a post! Lol congrats on the harvest and I'm with @Carcass and I want to see a giant InTheTent photo grow. Green thumbs don't go away because they are used indoors.
Thanks g-one-three! Green thumbs that are developed outside can sure take time to green up indoors, I've proven that. :)

Stick around for a while and we'll see what late November brings!
It will all be better when you trim those leaves off .
I appreciate the faith sb, thanks!
Hey Shed, and Shed's folks - got a question:
A lot of info flows through here so I figured someone may know ...
Years ago, way back in the previous Century, I heard about a process of curing produce in a CO2 atmosphere. Have any of you run across that? It's easy enough these days to reseal open wine bottles by squirting some nitrogen into the bottle before recorking it, and there are jar lids with vacuum ports, so it would be a snap to replace the air in the jar with CO2.
The idea was that it's a chemical process. As the plant desiccated, the CO2 would enhance the conversion from the fresh cannabinoids into the favored ones.
I looked into it several years ago but didn't come up with much about a CO2 "chemical" cure. It seems like it would affect terpenes too. I'll check it out again myself, but sometimes it helps to ask around.
We'll I'm not sure I've seen anyone on the site do any manipulation of the atmosphere in their curing area, so you might be doing a lot of internet searching to find an answer. That said, if you're just looking to control it in jars and can find a way to replace the air with different specific gases, that would be an interesting experiment to do with a harvest, even if only tested with your nose at the end.
I scanned that article but that chart and most of their info is well above my pay grade. The only thing I recall learning here was that the lower the moisture content of the flowers in the jars, the lower the bacterial activity that we call the curing process.
Look I can’t state this clearly enough Co2 can kill you quickly and you don’t even realise it.
Thanks Nick, that really can't be emphasized enough for folks looking to work with CO2 in their grows (or curing).
Not sure there is anyone on the site as familiar with me on Co2 use and growing. If you’re out there and reading please let me know!
The only two people I'm aware of as focused as you are at growing with CO2 were also working with the same precautions you are, but @Rider509 and @nobodyhere haven't been here in a very long time.
Please for curing - maybe a mushroom pack if you want to experiment? Just think about your ventilation setup.
Interesting concept and good advice. I recall mentioning to someone who wanted to use a CO2 bag in the tent that their bedroom was not the best place for it.
I was using a gas heater in my basement one of those wall mount units HOLY CRAP my c02 meter was like 2200 i threw that fucker away!
I was more worried about carbon monoxide but after i seen my meter i got rid of it and after i took it out it the reading in the basement dropped back down to like 380 I would have never guessed they didnt say anything about that in the danger part of the heater
Oh wow, good catch on that. @West Hippie recently learned that his gas heater was slowly (and at least once, quickly) killing him, including multiple trips to the hospital. He's much improved since he tossed it.
Yeah, I couldn't even begin to count how many people I've talked to over the years who are still proud of those certificates of education they got back when they were 22! That's all they need! They're smart! They know stuff! Like Fredo.
I like using the googler machine, even as old as I am. That stuff I learned 50 years ago musta gotten a little stale, right? I took 45 minutes to learn a little bit, but not what I was looking for. I'll look again later.
Now now, let's not get personal here. A discussion on gases to enhance curing is one thing, but taking the piss out of the fact that Nick is referring to stuff he learned in school shouldn't be a target. You're doing the research because it's your question to answer. He's giving you what he knows with disclaimers included. Can't ask for more than that!

:Namaste:

Outdoor auto SIP are three words combined for failure. Prove me wrong. :cheesygrinsmiley:
7 ounce Wookiee auto, grown outdoors, in a mop bucket SIP.
...Just sayin'... :)
W2-6.jpg

W2-8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom