InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Aww - I make it a thing, with me cuppa... I sit with them and just do it kind of idly ... give them a little
tickle :yummy: doesn’t matter if you don’t get them all everyday, over every few days or so they’ll all get a little :battingeyelashes:
... and it’s not so sticky early on! Once it’s gets very sticky I don’t do it quite so much ;)
Unfortunately you have more time to spend with your plants than I do, and I could never keep track of which ones I'd done on any given day. The thought that I was doing the same 15 every day made me give up entirely :).

I dare say more people have access to QWET than a rosin press!

Monday morning and I have pics for the update this morning and then off to see what y'all did this weekend. All my pics are from yesterday as it was time to water this morning. I haven't mentioned nutes lately so here's what I used.

The flowering AK and Sour G have had high runoff (around +500), so I'm scaling back the nutes as I'm also only giving them a gallon each without much runoff. Since I remember reading that you stop silica shortly before harvest, into a gallon went the following:
3ml cal/mag+
2tbs Grow Big
2tbs Terpinator

The AK and Sour G clones got:
½tsp Armor Si
3ml cal/mag+
1tsp Grow Big

and the Blue Treacle Freacle (day 23...I looked it up!) got 50% dilution of that. As I mentioned, I'm tossing out the Amphetamine Auto.

On to the pics! Let's start with the updated cloninator. I got some 360º micro sprayers and some PVC and created this:

And since the clones were in desperate need of a haircut (and still are really), I took four cuttings from each. Three of each got scraped, stripped, dipped in clonex gel, and put in the cloninator. I cut (but did not split) the bottoms at 45º. They're getting sprayed 24/7 as I don't have a timer for the pump anymore as it's in use for the Mars 300. It's got a 23w 6500K CFL about a foot above it, also 24/7.

I took the fourth cutting and did almost the same as the rest (I didn't scrape), except I dipped it in Dip'n Grow (15:1 dilution for 5 seconds) before putting it in ProMix HP soaked in distilled water. I sprayed the leaves and put a cup on top for the first couple of days and put them next to the bucket. No temp control (mid 60s to low 80s). I'll start shifting the dome off Wednesday morning.

As promised last week, on to the AK-47 in flower...

Here it is, with a fade going on:

Here is the left middle branch in isolation:

It's hard to tell until you get in there (and get very sticky), but that big thing is made up of a bunch of individual smaller buds growing out of the main stem. Here are a couple of pics where I've pulled them back:

Per my conversation a while back with @Derbybud, I think that this plant does not do big colas (at least not for me) as the 59-top mother was also a bunch of smaller nugs. Leaving this one to grow up untrained seems to have bunched them all up, leaving it prone to mold because it's so dense in there. When I flower the 1.1.1.1.1 version I will train it closer to the one I flowered this spring.

I didn't defol (as @Amy Gardner and @bobrown14 said I shouldn't), so what I did was pull the buds down and away from the main branch to create some air flow. I also found some sort of poop in there! Caterpillar I'm guessing from the hole in the adjoining leaf.

I'll probably have to do that every day as they don't stay in that position, but it's just for a week or so. I cut off anything suspicious and put it in the freezer with the fusarium buds from Sour G. It's a mold-fest in there :).

That's what I've got this morning, now off to see what you've got. Settling in for the week ahead...:nomo:.
Hey shed! Can I have some? whats up buddy long time no see! Happy to see your still here!

Hey shed! Can I have some? whats up buddy long time no see! Happy to see your still here!
Hey leftout! Nice to see you again :ciao:. Still here killing clones and carrying plants :surf:. Got 8 more to kill that I just started yesterday...it's like you never left.

:rofl:
I do have time to spend with them - and I always cherish it :)
Should show the lovely other what to do, she can caress the plants a little over a cuppa on weekends :D
Plants really aren't her thing. Nor are fiddly things like dealing with tiny new leaves that need to be gently separated :eek:. I'll just have to wing it on my own.

Nothing wrong with that cloner...... Should work great.. GL

I dare say more people have access to QWET than a rosin press!

Monday morning and I have pics for the update this morning and then off to see what y'all did this weekend. All my pics are from yesterday as it was time to water this morning. I haven't mentioned nutes lately so here's what I used.

The flowering AK and Sour G have had high runoff (around +500), so I'm scaling back the nutes as I'm also only giving them a gallon each without much runoff. Since I remember reading that you stop silica shortly before harvest, into a gallon went the following:
3ml cal/mag+
2tbs Grow Big
2tbs Terpinator

The AK and Sour G clones got:
½tsp Armor Si
3ml cal/mag+
1tsp Grow Big

and the Blue Treacle Freacle (day 23...I looked it up!) got 50% dilution of that. As I mentioned, I'm tossing out the Amphetamine Auto.

On to the pics! Let's start with the updated cloninator. I got some 360º micro sprayers and some PVC and created this:

And since the clones were in desperate need of a haircut (and still are really), I took four cuttings from each. Three of each got scraped, stripped, dipped in clonex gel, and put in the cloninator. I cut (but did not split) the bottoms at 45º. They're getting sprayed 24/7 as I don't have a timer for the pump anymore as it's in use for the Mars 300. It's got a 23w 6500K CFL about a foot above it, also 24/7.

I took the fourth cutting and did almost the same as the rest (I didn't scrape), except I dipped it in Dip'n Grow (15:1 dilution for 5 seconds) before putting it in ProMix HP soaked in distilled water. I sprayed the leaves and put a cup on top for the first couple of days and put them next to the bucket. No temp control (mid 60s to low 80s). I'll start shifting the dome off Wednesday morning.

As promised last week, on to the AK-47 in flower...

Here it is, with a fade going on:

Here is the left middle branch in isolation:

It's hard to tell until you get in there (and get very sticky), but that big thing is made up of a bunch of individual smaller buds growing out of the main stem. Here are a couple of pics where I've pulled them back:

Per my conversation a while back with @Derbybud, I think that this plant does not do big colas (at least not for me) as the 59-top mother was also a bunch of smaller nugs. Leaving this one to grow up untrained seems to have bunched them all up, leaving it prone to mold because it's so dense in there. When I flower the 1.1.1.1.1 version I will train it closer to the one I flowered this spring.

I didn't defol (as @Amy Gardner and @bobrown14 said I shouldn't), so what I did was pull the buds down and away from the main branch to create some air flow. I also found some sort of poop in there! Caterpillar I'm guessing from the hole in the adjoining leaf.

I'll probably have to do that every day as they don't stay in that position, but it's just for a week or so. I cut off anything suspicious and put it in the freezer with the fusarium buds from Sour G. It's a mold-fest in there :).

That's what I've got this morning, now off to see what you've got. Settling in for the week ahead...:nomo:.

I like what you did with the cloninator Shed. Still scared to try it myself. How do you get rid of insects in bud grown outside?

Nothing wrong with that cloner...... Should work great.. GL
Thanks Norcali. Even though the weather is cooler I now have the Mars 300 running in the bike shed so that's keeping the temps up :rolleyes:. Rather than put an ice pack in I've been dumping in a glass of ice twice a day. I was thinking that an ice pack in that little water was making it too cold.

I offset the domes on the cuttings about ¼" this morning, for the record.

Only pics are of the Blue Treacle Freacle auto, on day 24:

It's growing well enough I'm considering transplanting it. I know autos like to be in their final home but 1 gallon seems like I'm doing this a disservice.

Speaking of Blue Treacle, I put a cracked seed in the peat puck last night, and with the CFL on it the peat stays around 78º F. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have a sprout and a tap root this time!

Took another stem off the Sour G and some bud rot off the AK. It may rain tomorrow, so I'll be keeping them both in the shed if it is, with the T8s on them just to make sure they know it's daytime. Otherwise I'd have to move the Mars and it's not really big enough to cover both of these anyway.

Happy Tuesday!

I like what you did with the cloninator Shed. Still scared to try it myself. How do you get rid of insects in bud grown outside?
Neem, spinosad, BT, DE, and my fingers :). Or do you mean at harvest? H2O2 wash, or you can do lemon juice/baking soda instead.

Thanks Norcali. Even though the weather is cooler I now have the Mars 300 running in the bike shed so that's keeping the temps up :rolleyes:. Rather than put an ice pack in I've been dumping in a glass of ice twice a day. I was thinking that an ice pack in that little water was making it too cold.

It's growing well enough I'm considering transplanting it. I know autos like to be in their final home but 1 gallon seems like I'm doing this a disservice.

Speaking of Blue Treacle, I put a cracked seed in the peat puck last night, and with the CFL on it the peat stays around 78º F. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have a sprout and a tap root this time!

Took another stem off the Sour G and some bud rot off the AK. It may rain tomorrow, so I'll be keeping them both in the shed if it is, with the T8s on them just to make sure they know it's daytime. Otherwise I'd have to move the Mars and it's not really big enough to cover both of these anyway.

Happy Tuesday!

Neem, spinosad, BT, DE, and my fingers :). Or do you mean at harvest? H2O2 wash, or you can do lemon juice/baking soda instead.

Yikes. I think growing outside is difficult. I have so many problems with pests and diseases creeping up on all of my fruit trees and plants outside. I hate it.

Yikes. I think growing outside is difficult. I have so many problems with pests and diseases creeping up on all of my fruit trees and plants outside. I hate it.
My fruit trees are too big to spray or I'd do them with neem once a week. I've got leaf miners in the citrus and something unknown on the pomegranate leaves. I suppose I could fill up the Hudson sprayer, cover up head to toe, put on the respirator, and grab a ladder...but I'm not that enterprising. It's really more for looks as the plants produce fine.

Morning Shed! At least I hope your morning was good :) mine is just getting going (tomorrow morning by your account ;) ).

How do you get rid of insects in bud grown outside?
Yeah what Shed said about the H202 at harvest. The lemon juice baking soda wash won’t kill the bugs so well - the H202 will.

So the blend is 3parts water to 1 part 3% H202 into one of those big (5gal?) buckets, followed by 2 buckets of plain water.

Strip fans and anything without sugar and dip and swish into each bucket (avoiding the sides and bottom). Keep swishing each branch in the H202 bucket for 15-30 seconds before rinsing twice.

You can add a bucket between the H202 wash and the rinses with a solution of half cup of lemon juice and half cup of baking soda dissolved in it too. The 4 bucket thing is the “full monty” of bud washing - but I know plenty of folks do only the H202 solution plus rinses (or the lemon/soda plus rinses) so you don’t have to do the 4.

You’ll have sparkly fresh buds when you’re done! :thumb:

Morning Shed! At least I hope your morning was good :) mine is just getting going (tomorrow morning by your account ;) ).

Yeah what Shed said about the H202 at harvest. The lemon juice baking soda wash won’t kill the bugs so well - the H202 will.

So the blend is 3parts water to 1 part 3% H202 into one of those big (5gal?) buckets, followed by 2 buckets of plain water.

Strip fans and anything without sugar and dip and swish into each bucket (avoiding the sides and bottom). Keep swishing each branch in the H202 bucket for 15-30 seconds before rinsing twice.

You can add a bucket between the H202 wash and the rinses with a solution of half cup of lemon juice and half cup of baking soda dissolved in it too. The 4 bucket thing is the “full monty” of bud washing - but I know plenty of folks do only the H202 solution plus rinses (or the lemon/soda plus rinses) so you don’t have to do the 4.

You skipped the part about taking pics of the swirling buds!

I do a bucket of H2O2/water and then each stem gets sprayed with a hose. If I filled 3 buckets I'd be using a lot more water and this way the rinse water is always fresh.

I'm a bit of a germaphobe. When I saw that caterpillar poop I would have probably thrown the whole plant away. LOL

My fruit trees are too big to spray or I'd do them with neem once a week. I've got leaf miners in the citrus and something unknown on the pomegranate leaves. I suppose I could fill up the Hudson sprayer, cover up head to toe, put on the respirator, and grab a ladder...but I'm not that enterprising. It's really more for looks as the plants produce fine.

Shed all of my fruit trees are about 5 feet tall. I spray them with a 64 oz sprayer. If they were as big as yours, then it's up to mother nature at that point. LOL

Happy Tuesday!

I used neeml oil lightly from early on veg right til week two flower as preventative maintenance. He helped me a lot but not with caterpillars

I used neeml oil lightly from early on veg right til week two flower as preventative maintenance. He helped me a lot but not with caterpillars
I use BT for caterpillars but only when I see them. I think I'm going to start a weekly spraying alternating neem and BT all through veg for my next grow and to kill what I can't see!

This is my BT for the record:
17596_17684_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom