InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I have some of those peyote critical as well! Can’t wait to see them in action!
Same here! That was one of the only strains I didn't run in my current group. I think I may just scrog my whole shed with PC to start off 2019. LoL
I've got a dozen beans.....
:thumb:

Lady Grow 2 heal me grew that out ..

Seedsman used her pic on their Instagram account. Was a great shot :Namaste:

I’m very excited to see that PC!! Let’s see this grow show:)
I have some of those peyote critical as well! Can’t wait to see them in action!
Hope you get a nice Peyote leaner with the PC, that will be some nice stash.
Same here! That was one of the only strains I didn't run in my current group. I think I may just scrog my whole shed with PC to start off 2019. LoL
I've got a dozen beans.....
:thumb:
Lady Grow 2 heal me grew that out .. Seedsman used her pic on their Instagram account. Was a great shot :Namaste:
Well I had no idea it was going to be such a popular choice! I hope I can do it justice :).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I'd get the jump on the Monday updates by posting this weekend on Sunday night when most of y'all are asleep. ;)

It was canna-weekend so lots to get through...

Starting with everyone's favorite: Peyote Critical. After soaking for 24 hours and it cracking in the bowl, I put it into moist paper towel NEXT TO the DVR in the closed armoire. I put a thermometer where the seed was and it was 79º. I put the thermometer on top of the DVR and it was 91º! No wonder the other seeds got fried :rolleyes:. When it looked like this I placed it into the peat puck in the Shoebox of Light®

Moving on to the cuttings, here they are a week after I took them, looking exactly the same. They will look this way until they die:

Next up is the jumping spider on the lime tree, who likes to eat caterpillars:

Speaking of caterpillars, look who was hanging out on the AK-47:

Speaking of the AK-47, I harvested it and the Sour G on Saturday morning!!!!
AK-47 chop. Wet weight 660 grams:

Sour G chop. Wet weight of what was left was 446 grams:

I washed the AK but not the Sour G since it was going into oil. Here is why we wash:

Can't see even an inch below the surface.

I took the Sour G harvest and the stuff I'd been saving in the freezer and put it in the oven at 220º until it was mostly dry.

Then I decarbed it at 240º for 2 hours. After de-stemming, it was 170 grams. Time to make oil! I used the MB2 machine and crunched up half the buds in 12 ounces pumpkin seed oil and 12 ounces grapeseed oil. I let the machine run for a few hours and then added the rest of the buds now that there was room in the machine, as it ground down the first half. I set it for 8 hours at 160º and went to bed.

It's not easy to extract the oil when you use that much bud but after much squeezing, I got 16 ounces back:

The real question is...How strong is it? If this was 170 grams of full strength bud it would be easier to calculate, but about a third of this came off early. At 7% THC this mix comes in at almost 15mg/ml which would be spot on and 7% seemed like a reasonable estimate.

On to the AK-47, which was really leafy and dense, so I wanted to let it drip-dry for a day after the wash. The problem is, it was nearly impossible to trim tonight. Here is what I took down off the lines:

Really hard to sort out what's leaf and what's bud and what's caterpillar! I found two this size and a few smaller ones as well:

I trimmed as best as I could, took off the brown buds, and pulled the rest away from the stems, and hung them back in the shed to dry. RH in there is about 70º so again, I'm not worried about over-drying them. I just want them not to mold so the fan is blowing at floor level. I may turn on the other fan if they still seem damp tomorrow night.

I think a lot of the brown leaves and mold on the AK was the result of caterpillars, so I will be much more careful about that going forward. They weren't on the Sour G so it seems they like denser plants, adding insult to injury.

Well...that was my weekend! I'm off to find out what you all did. I hope it was a great one :peace:.

Well I had no idea it was going to be such a popular choice! I hope I can do it justice :).

Thought I'd get the jump on the Monday updates by posting this weekend on Sunday night when most of y'all are asleep. ;)

Starting with everyone's favorite: Peyote Critical. After soaking for 24 hours and it cracking in the bowl, I put it into moist paper towel NEXT TO the DVR in the closed armoire. I put a thermometer where the seed was and it was 79º. I put the thermometer on top of the DVR and it was 91º! No wonder the other seeds got fried :rolleyes:. When it looked like this I placed it into the peat puck in the Shoebox of Light®

Moving on to the cuttings, here they are a week after I took them, looking exactly the same. They will look this way until they die:

I washed the AK but not the Sour G since it was going into oil. Here is why we wash:

I took the Sour G harvest and the stuff I'd been saving in the freezer and put it in the oven at 220º until it was mostly dry.

Then I decarbed it at 240º for 2 hours. After de-stemming, it was 170 grams. Time to make oil! I used the MB2 machine and crunched up half the buds in 12 ounces pumpkin seed oil and 12 ounces grapeseed oil. I let the machine run for a few hours and then added the rest of the buds now that there was room in the machine, as it ground down the first half. I set it for 8 hours at 160º and went to bed.

It's not easy to extract the oil when you use that much bud but after much squeezing, I got 16 ounces back:

The real question is...How strong is it? If this was 170 grams of full strength bud it would be easier to calculate, but about a third of this came off early. At 7% THC this mix comes in at almost 15mg/ml which would be spot on and 7% seemed like a reasonable estimate.

On to the AK-47, which was really leafy and dense, so I wanted to let it drip-dry for a day after the wash. The problem is, it was nearly impossible to trim tonight. Here is what I took down off the lines:

Really hard to sort out what's leaf and what's bud and what's caterpillar! I found two this size and a few smaller ones as well:

I trimmed as best as I could, took off the brown buds, and pulled the rest away from the stems, and hung them back in the shed to dry. RH in there is about 70º so again, I'm not worried about over-drying them. I just want them not to mold so the fan is blowing at floor level. I may turn on the other fan if they still seem damp tomorrow night.

I think a lot of the brown leaves and mold on the AK was the result of caterpillars, so I will be much more careful about that going forward. They weren't on the Sour G so it seems they like denser plants, adding insult to injury.

Well...that was my weekend! I'm off to find out what you all did. I hope it was a great one :peace:.
Congrats on the harvest! :high-five:

That oil sounds like it will be perfect!

Need to keep a few of them jumping spiders as pets. LoL A little caterpillar killin' army. LoL

Can't believe that wash bucket!! :eek:

Looks like you had an eventful weekend; I hope to be following suit... Brooklyn Sunrise started throwing out a few amber tric's. Any day now....

Stay lifted homie!
:passitleft:

Well, this auto grower has jumped into Clone World because I got an offer, and who am I to turn down free plants!

Details:
- 420 AK-47 fem (x2): 20:1 THC/CBD, 60% Indica/40% Sativa
- 420 Gold Leaf fem: 21:"high" THC/CBD (really 420, what the heck does that mean?), 35% Indica/65% Sativa
- Clones taken from recently flipped healthy parents, AK has pistils, Gold Leaf does not
- These will be kept in veg until next fall, so for now they will be outside during the day and moved under lights at night ~20/4 once they root. Once we're past the vernal equinox they will be grown outside exclusively
- The clones are in Miracle Grow potting mix (no nutes) for now. They will be up-potted into Dr Earth Pot of Gold
- Soil mix will be 70% soil/30% rinsed perlite
- Pots will be scaled up as needed to approx 7 gallon smart pot
- Sunlit during the day, under 64 watt T8 plus CFLs at night
- Air cooled, like literally air cooled.
- Temps determined by mother nature with the help of heat from the lights at night. Shed is unheated.
- Pests are many and various and will be handled organically with neem, spinosad, BT, and diatomaceous earth
- Watered as needed
- Nutes:
Cal/Mag +
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Fox Farm Open Sesame 5-45-19
Great White mycorrhizae

I use pH Down because my tap water runs pretty alkaline (around 7.6 pH) and when left standing it rises to 8.4. I'm shooting for the 6.0-6.4 pH range.

For the record, my tap water is ~100PPM and is purified with chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. Even so, I let my water stand out for at least 24 hour before I use it. No idea why.

Next post...PICS (and the first night of cloning story...)!
Sounds interesting to me. I'll take a seat and chill.
All the best with the grow!

This looks interesting i love oils!
Will have to catch up on how u make it when i got time to read your thread.

Back
Top Bottom