InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

With help from this place!

Not so sure about the seedling though. It is still alive even with the broken tap root a week ago so that's a good sign :).

Thanks Roost!

Yea seedling survived. They are really fragile so if it's still popping off nodes I'd say you dodged a bullet. Be careful on supporting her stem with straws. It makes the step rely on the straw for stability and it won't stand on her own. If I may, I would suggest changing buckets and adding an inch of dirt for support on the stem and then let the fan blow it around a little bit. The constant blowing around almost tipping over works the stem out and makes it stronger and thicker. This giving you a healthier higher yielding plant in the end. Best of luck shed. I think things look top notch from 2 months ago brother

Yea seedling survived. They are really fragile so if it’s still popping off nodes I’d say you dodged a bullet. Be careful on supporting her stem with straws. It makes the step rely on the straw for stability and it won’t stand on her own. If I may, I would suggest changing buckets and adding an inch of dirt for support on the stem and then let the fan blow it around a little bit. The constant blowing around almost tipping over works the stem out and makes it stronger and thicker. This giving you a healthier higher yielding plant in the end. Best of luck shed. I think things look top notch from 2 months ago brother

Good idea Roost! That's why I keep you around :).

Tuesday and here's what I did. Rooster suggested (above) that I transplant Sour G into a new pot an inch deeper to help support the skinny stem. I was skittish about pulling it out of the solo cup and moving it, fearing that possible further root damage would be the result.

So what I did (after taking off the straw) was pull the screening out of the one of the holes at the bottom and, with a wooden stick, scraped out about an inch of dirt. Then I pushed the entire cup of soil down to fill in the gap and put more soil on top. Maybe not quite an inch but when I up-pot it I'll bury it to the cotyledons. Then I gave it some distilled water as a peace offering for its troubles.

Here it is. Bugs not bothered by the DE yet (WTF?):

20180123_082712.jpg

20180123_082720.jpg

When it's in the shed I've got an oscillating fan in the oval of brightness® that keeps the stem vibrating as it passes. We shall see!

Have a great day 420 fam :).

I may have to borrow that awesome transplant technique! Ingenuity at Its finest.

Looking better already Shed! Those look like they might be aphids(?) Either an insecticidal soap (like Safer), or a cheap homemade mix of 1/2 tsp dish soap (Ivory, not Dawn) in a quart of water, should knock them right down.

I thought aphids were black but maybe these are a different breed. If I can't use Dawn will Ajax dish soap work? I think those are my two choices until I get to Home Depot.

I thought aphids were black but maybe these are a different breed. If I can't use Dawn will Ajax dish soap work? I think those are my two choices until I get to Home Depot.

Do you have a maginifying glass? Check out the leaves and see if you can spot them and get a close up

That is a mess lol i would cry if I saw that. I see aphids and all kinds of shit. There's a spider mite too right corner. Gnats. The works lol

wtf i didnt notice that spidermite before .. woa ... its in plain sight and still ... and the gnat is it to the right of the central vein and the mite??

Back
Top Bottom