InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I see thrips too. Wow Shed, it's a safari on one leaf!

Not sure about the Ajax. All I've ever used is Ivory. It's very gentle....except on soft-bodied bugs. That was a leaf from Grow #2. Presumably, you've cleaned up your grow space and nuked a zone around your shed. If you have more than aphids on the Sour G, you'll have to move into spinosad, or even more extreme if you have mites. :thedoubletake:

Spinosad didn't kill anything even at 3x concentration so that's out. Neem would be my next choice (after DE and soap) but not on a plant this young. This young I can just kill them with my fingers.

No nuking the area around my shed or even in the shed, which is a shed more than a grow space :). My backyard has lemon trees, pomegranate trees, a non-fruiting olive tree, along with window boxes and potted plants and hedges. Not to mention the neighbors on the other side of the wall! Bugs are part of life here.

Oh I'm pretty sure they look like this!

20171231_120446cr.jpg

[see what you missed when you didn't sub to my 2nd auto grow Roost?]

My worst nightmares aren't this scary.

Seen something similar at a large veggies green house. Think I left my clothes at the door. Best luck tho. May you find health and sterility!

Better than health and senility!

Buds look great...Bugs not so much.
“Gunner, target! Hell spawn in the open! 30 mike-mike HE, FIRE!”

I know Grandpa! Why wouldn't aphids die after walking around in DE???? I mean if soapy water kills'em...

I know Grandpa! Why wouldn't aphids die after walking around in DE???? I mean if soapy water kills'em...

Because they are literally from the depths of hades...they bathed in DE and laughed at us. I looked in my scope once and saw one of those cretins flip me the bird! :tokin:

Actually G2HM, you’re on target. Pepper (cayenne), garlic, ginger can all be added to your homemade soapy spray. Most bugs hate them too. Spray the plant down, knocking off as many bugs as possible (this is very satisfying), wait 10-15 minutes, then spray everything off with fresh water.

Shed, the DE covering the leaves might reduce photosynthesis, plus it works because it cuts through insects’ exoskeleton. Makes micro cuts in leaves too. Better to spread it on the surface surrounding the plant, like a mine field.

Oh, and by nuke in my previous post, this referred to a variety of methods, including companion planting, natural predators, BT, pyrethrums, etc., none of which involve killing everything in sight. I suppose “nuke” was a misnomer, since it conjures up total annihilation. What I meant was total control of the environment. The above, plus cleaning up any nearby dead or diseased vegetation. Leave no hospitable habitat for pests.

I hate ‘em.

Shed, the DE covering the leaves might reduce photosynthesis, plus it works because it cuts through insects’ exoskeleton. Makes micro cuts in leaves too. Better to spread it on the surface surrounding the plant, like a mine field.

Not so sure about the cuts in the leaves, or if there are whether it matters. I remember DeVille dusting his entire grow in DE so they looked ghostly under the lights and they all grew very well!

Oh, and by nuke in my previous post, this referred to a variety of methods, including companion planting, natural predators, BT, pyrethrums, etc., none of which involve killing everything in sight. I suppose “nuke” was a misnomer, since it conjures up total annihilation. What I meant was total control of the environment. The above, plus cleaning up any nearby dead or diseased vegetation. Leave no hospitable habitat for pests.
I hate ‘em.

I knew what you meant, but it would mean spending 1 day every 5-7 covered head to toe, with a dust mask and goggles on, carrying a Hudson sprayer up and down a ladder all over the garden. And 10 minutes later the bugs from the neighbor's yard repopulates the plants in mine! Works in a tent, not in an urban backyard.

Total control of the environment is brought to you by Monsanto...no thanks! :)

Oh, I’m no fan of Monsanto (or DuPont, Johnson&Johnson, or Chevron/Ortho). Just good housekeeping and sanitation. That’s what I mean by total control of the grow environment. This is the challenge you’re going to face if you try to grow both indoors and outdoors. The outdoors has lots of pests, but it also has lots of predators. Indoors has no natural predators (unless you introduce them, and even then, with mixed results). But it’s an ideal environment for pests to thrive and take over if they hitch a ride with your plants. It’s going to be difficult, but I’m sure you’re up for it Shed.

Thanks Felipe! This is my third outdoor/indoor grow so I'm accustomed to seeing the bottom of leaves that look like an insect farm. Not happy about it, but you don't hang out in Minnesota expecting not to get 60 mosquito bites. Welcome to my backyard :).

By the way, you've seen my "indoor" grow area, yes?

20170621_213948.jpg

Upgraded to this:

20171216_123747.jpg

You're not getting that bug-free!

Hey Shed, you know I’m not ragging on you. I know you are dealing with a fixed difficult situation. And you’ve already proved that you can overcome significant obstacles with excellent results. My scree is more for the benefit of those lurking in the shadows of this thread, who don’t know anything about this stuff.

Now, it’s your log, so I’m going back to my place to bathe in my new light. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom