InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Too cool guys! Anyone who has followed the cooking thread for awhile, knows this recipe has been ever-evolving. Total group effort! Everyone has given input to make the recipe perfect.

Credit where due... the first recipe I ever used came from @newty . I may have tweaked things here or there to suit my needs, but 100%, Newty taught me everything I know about making edibles.

I can always count on @InTheShed to shoot me accurate calculations.

@Cannasavvy , the resident pro, chiming in to let me know if I'm on point or way off.

...and everyone else who has tried this recipe in one form or another. Everyone has been "the lab rat", so to speak, during this process.

Mentors.... each of you in your own way.

Thank you all for hanging out in these threads. It makes things so much more enjoyable.

:passitleft:

Shed would you plug these #'s in please and give me a total. MB2 machine 5 cups x's 70 gms, strained then back in MB2 added 1/3 cup infused EVOO to make it 5 cups x's 90gms, strained then back in MB2 added 1/2 cup EVOO to make 5 cups x's 80gms. approximately/ roughly/ ball park figure- how strong?
I don't have THC level -it is a mix of strains/buds. What's average? Thank you:Namaste:

Shed would you plug these #'s in please and give me a total. MB2 machine 5 cups x's 70 gms, strained then back in MB2 added 1/3 cup infused EVOO to make it 5 cups x's 90gms, strained then back in MB2 added 1/2 cup EVOO to make 5 cups x's 80gms. approximately/ roughly/ ball park figure- how strong?
I don't have THC level -it is a mix of strains/buds. What's average? Thank you:Namaste:
You lost me on the numbers so tell me if I'm reading it right:
• First batch was 70g in 5 cups oil
• You put that back in with another 1/3 cup of oil (now we're at 5 1/3 cups) that you had already infused with 90g of bud (total 160g bud in 5 1/3 cups oil)
• You then put that back in and added another ½ cup oil (we're now at 5 2/3 cups) and added another 80grams for a total of 240g of bud in 5 2/3 cups of oil.

Is that right?

I just tried P's recipe a couple nights ago. I followed it exactly except that I used refined coconut oil instead of EVOO and they turned out great!! I maybe went a little heavy on the corn starch...
The cornstarch makes each gummy look like the ceiling of the planetarium...nice work BL!

You lost me on the numbers so tell me if I'm reading it right:
• First batch was 70g in 5 cups oil
• You put that back in with another 1/3 cup of oil (now we're at 5 1/3 cups) that you had already infused with 90g of bud (total 160g bud in 5 1/3 cups oil)
• You then put that back in and added another ½ cup oil (we're now at 5 2/3 cups) and added another 80grams for a total of 240g of bud in 5 2/3 cups of oil.

Is that right?
Almost- when I did the second batch, it was short 1/3 cup oil- left in dregs so added 1/3 cup to bring back up to 5 cups total. Same for third so total cups was back to 5.
So I guess it is 240 gms in 5 cups

The finished product was 240 grams, but the total oil was actually 5 2/3 cups because along the way you added oil, and that holds a % of your THC when it's not recovered (you should save the mash and reuse it in brownies, as it's got the same % THC as your finished product if not more).

So if we use 15% as the rough THC number of the mix of buds, here's what we get:
15% THC
240g material
1339.09 ml oil
85% efficiency (I use 85% for the MB and 80% for the oil-in-a-jar-in-the-oven method)

Total of 22.85mg THC/ml oil.

Nice and strong! Not KingJoe strong (o_O), but depending on how much you need for the recipe it should have a good kick. And if it's for caspsules, your 00 capsule dose would be 20.7 mg/capsule (they hold .91ml each).

Hope that helps!

The cornstarch makes each gummy look like the ceiling of the planetarium...nice work BL!

They were indeed "out of this world"! :p My potency calcs were 7mg THC for the bears and approx 3mg THC for the dinos. I used Sour Diesel to infuse my oil. I ate one bear and two dinos (13mg) and gave me a pretty good mellow high and good night of sleep.
Nice and strong! Not KingJoe strong (o_O)
LOL!

They were indeed "out of this world"! :p My potency calcs were 7mg THC for the bears and approx 3mg THC for the dinos. I used Sour Diesel to infuse my oil. I ate one bear and two dinos (13mg) and gave me a pretty good mellow high and good night of sleep.
LOL!
He'll never live that down among those who witnessed it :).

Sounds like you got the dosage dialed in first time! Love that :thumb:.

Friday update!

Not much changes during the week, especially with nothing in flower, but I thought I'd give you a peek at the Peyote Critical on day 109:

It's doing fine with nothing to report. Gotta love that after what I've been going through with Sour G! This weekend I may thin it a little because there's a lot of undergrowth that's never going to make it to the top. I'll be tossing those cuttings because I don't have any more room for cups.

And speaking of cups, here are the cuttings on the heat mat that went into ProMix on Tuesday. I took the domes off for about 20 minutes twice last night, and today they are spending the day getting some fresh air, with the domes tipped back and taped into position.

We'll see what they look like when I get home tonight!

That's the update for today, but tomorrow will be transplant day for the Candidas so there will be a bit more to show, including whether or not I remembered the Mykos!

Heading into the weekend....:surf:

Funny you and I are both playing with clones today! How long are yours under the dome before tipping? Are you temp controlling the heating mat? Im researching optimal heat settings for clones. 75F -85F is the recommended range Ive seen, with 78F being reported as most optimal?
Anyone help me out fam?

Back
Top Bottom