InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

What do you pH your feed to for promix? Is it straight up hydro pH or is in between hydro and soil?
I haven't grown in promix, sorry if it's a stupid question.

So can you tell me a little about you candidis. Pot size, how long you vegged till the family portrait on pg 601 and how many times did you top. I know this isn’t something a newbie should ask but what do you expect to yield after drying?

What do you pH your feed to for promix? Is it straight up hydro pH or is in between hydro and soil?
I haven't grown in promix, sorry if it's a stupid question.
No VG, it's an excellent question. So excellent that I actually asked the manufacturer that exact question! And the resulting answer was so mind-blowing that it got its own thread. One that stirred a bit of controversy :).
Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

If you don't want to bother reading the first post that summarizes the answer, I'll summarize the summary here:
pH of nute solutions doesn't matter in soil or ProMix. All that matters is the pH of the medium, which will rise or fall based on the alkalinity of the water and the type of nitrogen used in the nutes.

I gave up pH'ing my nutes after that.

I think it was every guitarist ever, and Getty Lee too. Commenting on Niel’s drumming, although it may have been Alex.
If Geddy doesn't think Neil is a musician, he's crazier than most Canadians! Same goes for Alex :). I mean the guy reproduced the sound of an idling Harley on a drum kit!
So can you tell me a little about you candidis. Pot size, how long you vegged till the family portrait on pg 601 and how many times did you top. I know this isn’t something a newbie should ask but what do you expect to yield after drying?
I'd be glad to SB. First, :welcome: to my grow journal and all that entails!

The Candidas are now in 10 gallon felt pots from Geopot (a sponsor here). In ProMix HP. There is no way I can tell you how many times I topped as I just kinda train as I go, trying to get it into a good shape for me. It's nothing I keep track of because it's completely random. A snip here, a bend there...

In terms of vegging, they sprouted on November 28th (the 332nd day of the year) and I flipped them on March 21st (the 80th day of the year). 365-332=33 + 80 = 113. So they vegged for 113 days before flipping. The pic on page 601 was taken on March 29th, which was 8 days into flip. Once they're flipped you don't add to vegging days so I can't quite answer that the way you asked it.

And anyone can ask what I expect the yield to be, newbie or old-timer. But to all the answer is, "I have no idea!" They should be coming down this weekend, so at least I'll have a wet weight at that point. If you're interested in comparing dry weights to plants before harvest, I can point you to pics and numbers of some of the stuff I've harvested.

Pull up a chair if you want and stick around. We cover all sorts of ground here. :)

Sorry I worded it wrong but you answered my question. I’ll be sticking around.

Are the candidas Indica or Sativa?

What is your opinion about up-pot from 3 gallon to a 200 gallon for my mostly Indica plants? I have about another @70 days more to go. Needing to up- pot soon.
B50CD095-82D0-4C66-B762-5206199FC119.jpeg

I up-potted from 1 gallon to 3 gallon about a week ago and realized that was a to small of a increase because they are drying out within a day and a half and using their storages nutes. So they go from darker green to lighter green from feeding to feeding if that makes any since. I don’t necessarily have time to water every other day right now. But I’ll do my best that I can do for my girls to be healthy.

I have a bunch more questions but this is my biggest concern right now and everything else can wait a bit. Again I appreciate all the help you have already given me.

Thanks so much.:hug:
:hug:
I’ll be sticking around.
Sweet!
Are the candidas Indica or Sativa?
That's an age old question here SB! The breeder (Medical Marijuana Genetics) says there are both phenotypes, but we're finding it hard to tell the difference between them. It seems that only bud structure (as opposed to plant structure) give you the clues, but we're still unsure which one I have. Amy Gardner is leaning indica and Chris Scorpio is leaning sativa.

The only difference between them seems to be the % of CBD in the flowers, as the say the THC % stays under 1% on either.
What is your opinion about up-pot from 3 gallon to a 200 gallon for my mostly Indica plants? I have about another @70 days more to go. Needing to up- pot soon.
I hope you mean 20 gallon ;). If you have 70 days of vegging left to go I would get them at least into 10 gallon pots. If you have the room, the soil, and the cash for the extra nutes, go for 20 gallons!

Since they're outside, I'm wondering how you arrived at the 70 days of veg left. Are you figuring they're in flower by mid-July?

I live on 10 acres and have plenty of space for a well exsposed to the sun and hidden at the same time. I can have up to 20 yards in a truck load of any type of soil delivered at a reasonable price and I if I have to I will add perlite, but need to add @ 3 cubic ft of peat moss to ever bed (since tap water ph is at @8.0 or other additives to help buffer the soil with the drip line watering. I have a stock pill of wood and going to add a fabric liner for the beds and I’ll be able to set up a scrog in the wood structure when needed. Lol I was hoping to try to produce 7lbs of dry/plant. But it looks like I’m to far behind, even tho they almost doubled in size in a week. I can have all beds built in a weekend but trying to finish our 8k square foot building for a customer. I own a small metal fabrication company with my dad, so I’m a bit stretched thin as we are the only worker lol, we just some country guys that like working for ourself. It is 3 o’clock and I’ll be up by 8 working. But I’ve been reading and trying to figure a few things out, plus the rain here right now doesn’t help anything. I already got plenty of jugs of earth juice nutes veg and flower, great white enzymes and b-52 vitamins. Trying to stay organic.

I just didn’t know what would happen if I went to a 200 gallon from a 3 gallon? Also if I missed something I need to know please inform me.

No VG, it's an excellent question. So excellent that I actually asked the manufacturer that exact question! And the resulting answer was so mind-blowing that it got its own thread. One that stirred a bit of controversy :).
Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

If you don't want to bother reading the first post that summarizes the answer, I'll summarize the summary here:
pH of nute solutions doesn't matter in soil or ProMix. All that matters is the pH of the medium, which will rise or fall based on the alkalinity of the water and the type of nitrogen used in the nutes.

I gave up pH'ing my nutes after that.

I got into a bit of a discussion about this yesterday in another thread. If you want to call it a discussion. Every time I get involved in a thread a certain female member is in, I get dissed. I didn't bother to respond and start a flame fest. She ain't worth my time. I mentioned Premier's reps response to you, how it's not the input but the medium, and the type of Nitrogen in the fertilizer, Dyna-Gro's recommendation for soil-less mixes of 6.2-7. To her, all my input is anecdotal evidence. Her recommendation to the original poster was pH to 5.8. The original poster seemed to like her response better, so best of luck, I'm out. I've laid down the pen this grow after the first 2 waterings. My nute solution was coming out around 6.5 and I haven't adjusted from there.

I got into a bit of a discussion about this yesterday in another thread. If you want to call it a discussion. Every time I get involved in a thread a certain female member is in, I get dissed.
Some people just have to have a say. It makes no sensei whatsoever.

Yup I stopped using ph down too. My solution goes in at around 6.8. I have very healthy plants in pro mix. That being said phing to 5.8 won’t hurt it’s just unessesary in pro mix. Before I read sheds thread I was wondering how my local buddies were growing such good plants with no ph pen. Well they were using pro mix hp. I have all the evidence I need.
A7E95785-911E-40DE-9014-59E53F780E7D.jpeg

Yup I stopped using ph down too. My solution goes in at around 6.8. I have very healthy plants in pro mix. That being said phing to 5.8 won’t hurt it’s just unessesary in pro mix. Before I read sheds thread I was wondering how my local buddies were growing such good plants with no ph pen. Well they were using pro mix hp. I have all the evidence I need.
A7E95785-911E-40DE-9014-59E53F780E7D.jpeg

The Faux-Mix HP® that I made up (Peat, Perlite, peletized Dolomite Lime) for this run seems to have the same result.

I don’t want to start an argument, but just so we’re clear, I’m of the opinion that any soil that has been properly buffered is fine to use with non-ph’ed water. I’m of that opinion because I haven’t ph’ed any plants in any containers in the last 10months.
I only make the distinction in case there is someone hearing the no ph thing for the first time. I like ProMix, but they should know it’s not the only soil like that. I’ve used FoxFarms, Mother Earth, and DBHBB which uses ProMix. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom